Has Anybody Ever Got Long-Term Relief from Sound Therapy?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paulmanlike, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Either notched music, ACRN, any others, has anybody got permanent or long lasting relief through these methods? And how long did you try it for? I'm sat here with tones playing in the my ear....just another 5 months to go. :-0

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sound Therapy is to help you cope better while your brain builds up its own natural filter and not see tinnitus as a threat .

Sound therapy gives you a option to listen to other sounds and not let your tinnitus sound distress you while you get use to it.

It is not a tinnitus fix.
      Once you feel like you can cope with the sound emotionally and sleeping well then sound therapy is optional.

Love glynis

3. RudyL90

RudyL90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      Yes, by listening to pink noise in my earbuds 24/7 for a few months time, my reaction to the sound is now almost completely gone. At this point I do not need masking during daytime anymore, which is a great relief for me. The sound is still the same, sometimes even "worse" than in times I was still bothered by it, but I don't care.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I played some white noise before and I woke up and I couldn't hear, it was still playing but it took me a while to tune into it. I guess this is the process of habituation.

I thought this ACRN is designed to actually lower the volume of tinnitus by making longlasting changes to the overactive neurons responsible for tinnitus?

5. RudyL90

RudyL90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      I experience the same. In the morning I often do not hear the masking sound and sometimes I even do not hear my tinnitus then.
      My audiologist told me that the brain will bring the masking sound to the background and thereby the tinnitus with it.

I don't have any experience with ACRN, I don't know what it is. :')

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      Yes, something like that.