Benefactor
Feb 27, 2013
Belgium
Tinnitus Since
11/2009
Cause of Tinnitus
acoustic trauma
Hi,

i`m nills and have chronic tinnitus for 4 years now. Thanks to a guy that yelled in my ear at a party. I think I also have a bit of hyperacusis. I think because when I play certain tones on my bamboo flute my right ear starts resonating with the tone and it hurts.

Anyway, I`ve learned to live emotionally with it, I can sleep without losing my grip. But I haven`t given up the search for relief. I went to see a doctor once and he said it was a proces of time. Well it wasn`t nothing has changed ( and maybe I`m one of the lucky ones - having read some of the stories) ... nevertheless it is constant, even in the city out in traffic I hear it. It is always there in the background and when it is quit... well don`t need to tell you people about it.

So I am traveling at this moment, I have no house left in my `home-country` don`t even consider any place home anymore. I have no need for material existence accept my instruments. My GF and I have just ended a relationship (we are fine with it - were good mates) ... so, I`m telling you this because there is nothing in the world standing between me en me goal to save money for this new HIFU cure. Currently I`m in a country where it is possible to make good money in a short time. Atleast If you like working hard for long hours in 40 degree heat. And yes, I would do anything to find that stilness and silence again...

So guys, I`m going to work and spend a rediculous amount of money on this cure ... and than come back and tell you about it with the hope that by than it`s cheaper and all of you can have a go ...

Time to finish it ...

all the love I have, I know what your living with ...

Nils x

I'm intrigued, where are you originally from and where are you traveling now? :)

I'm just saying, that Nils rings a bell as being a Scandinavian name. Do you happen to be from around Scandinavia?

It's horrible how you got tinnitus. It's sometimes so little - or short in duration - that triggers it!

You found a good place today, welcome aboard,
Markku

Welcome Nils!

Love our attitude .... and your hopefulness! We are rooting for you!

I return the love and well wishes!

Hi and thanks for the replies. I am in Australia right now but was born in Belgium. And yes that HIFU thing flared up my hope and I`m going after it. It`s my number one now. Anything else can come after. I also planned to go to Sweden to visit the audioclinic of Michael Zazzio ... they do laser treatments with strong lasers over the period of 3 months. I`ll open a thread to see if people know about this one. But HIFU sounds like the one.

Hello Nills - After four years would you consider yourself "habituated"? I have had my T for 15 months and it bothers me greatly. Next to a cure the "experts" say that habituation is the next best thing. I have also heard of HIFU which I understand is terribly expensive. Hope it works.

Best Wishes To You

I know how you feel mate ... but there comes a point that you got to let go of the `suffering` part ... pain is physical suffering is mental. I try not to create any negative tension anymore about it. I acknowledge it and do whatever I need to do. I think it comes when you accept it in a way. And accepting it doesn`t mean your letting it be there forever without trying to find a cure ... it`s just a attitude where you don`t let it penetrate your sense of identity. So let it be and keep positive about a cure one day ... meanwhile do your business with a smile.

best of wishes to you!!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now