Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nills, Feb 27, 2013.

1. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Hi,

i`m nills and have chronic tinnitus for 4 years now. Thanks to a guy that yelled in my ear at a party. I think I also have a bit of hyperacusis. I think because when I play certain tones on my bamboo flute my right ear starts resonating with the tone and it hurts.

Anyway, I`ve learned to live emotionally with it, I can sleep without losing my grip. But I haven`t given up the search for relief. I went to see a doctor once and he said it was a proces of time. Well it wasn`t nothing has changed ( and maybe I`m one of the lucky ones - having read some of the stories) ... nevertheless it is constant, even in the city out in traffic I hear it. It is always there in the background and when it is quit... well don`t need to tell you people about it.

So I am traveling at this moment, I have no house left in my `home-country` don`t even consider any place home anymore. I have no need for material existence accept my instruments. My GF and I have just ended a relationship (we are fine with it - were good mates) ... so, I`m telling you this because there is nothing in the world standing between me en me goal to save money for this new HIFU cure. Currently I`m in a country where it is possible to make good money in a short time. Atleast If you like working hard for long hours in 40 degree heat. And yes, I would do anything to find that stilness and silence again...

So guys, I`m going to work and spend a rediculous amount of money on this cure ... and than come back and tell you about it with the hope that by than it`s cheaper and all of you can have a go ...

Time to finish it ...

all the love I have, I know what your living with ...

Nils x

• Like Like x 3
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I'm intrigued, where are you originally from and where are you traveling now? :)

I'm just saying, that Nils rings a bell as being a Scandinavian name. Do you happen to be from around Scandinavia?

It's horrible how you got tinnitus. It's sometimes so little - or short in duration - that triggers it!

You found a good place today, welcome aboard,
      Markku

3. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Welcome Nils!

Love our attitude .... and your hopefulness! We are rooting for you!

I return the love and well wishes!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Hi and thanks for the replies. I am in Australia right now but was born in Belgium. And yes that HIFU thing flared up my hope and I`m going after it. It`s my number one now. Anything else can come after. I also planned to go to Sweden to visit the audioclinic of Michael Zazzio ... they do laser treatments with strong lasers over the period of 3 months. I`ll open a thread to see if people know about this one. But HIFU sounds like the one.

5. stantheman

stantheman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/25/11
      Hello Nills - After four years would you consider yourself "habituated"? I have had my T for 15 months and it bothers me greatly. Next to a cure the "experts" say that habituation is the next best thing. I have also heard of HIFU which I understand is terribly expensive. Hope it works.

Best Wishes To You

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I know how you feel mate ... but there comes a point that you got to let go of the `suffering` part ... pain is physical suffering is mental. I try not to create any negative tension anymore about it. I acknowledge it and do whatever I need to do. I think it comes when you accept it in a way. And accepting it doesn`t mean your letting it be there forever without trying to find a cure ... it`s just a attitude where you don`t let it penetrate your sense of identity. So let it be and keep positive about a cure one day ... meanwhile do your business with a smile.

best of wishes to you!!

• Like Like x 4
    7. Emma

Emma Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks for the positive energy Nils. How lomg do you think you will need to save up to get the HIFU?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      hey Emma, I should return to Europe in a year or so and will probably have saved enough by then...

9. Lord of the Ring
      Cheeky

Lord of the Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      And you swear you're not Gotye? ;)

10. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nills, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your story, please keep us updated on your progress.
      All the best.