Hello.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Meg0, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Meg0
      No Mood

Meg0 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thursday 10 march 2016, while sitting in a quiet room I discovered this whistling in my ears I hadn't heard before. I did't think much about at the start. But it would't go away... The next night I got scared and shearched the Internett for tinnitus. I read that it could be caused by ear wax, so I did some ear cleaning. 2 days later I went to the doctor, who told me I had an ear infection. I don't know if that was because of the ear cleaning, or not. I am on antibiotics now, but loosing hope already that this will not go away. I was so freaked out I ended up in the ER today with both my parents. (I'm a grown-up). The ER Doctor said THIS ear infection did not cause the sounds in my ears. But my ears have been itchy and not long ago I had pain and excessive earwax in my ears. I don't know what to do... Today while I was sitting in a quiet room, the sound got very low, I almost did't hear it, almost like it was fading. I thought to myself, if it stays like this I will be fine. But it is back to how it started now.. I always prepare myself for the worst case scenario, so my spirits are very low at the moment. I'm 28 years old by the way, and from Norway. I have read much about the MA-101 and it gives me hope.
      Any thoughts?
      By the way: Today I read about a man who got T in 94, but one morning three months ago (January 2016) it was gone.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Since your is so new and you already have time you barely hear T, take that as a positive.

Being more positive and accepting is the best approach when T is new. Your ears/hearing may take some time to settle down, and your body needs time to adjust to the 'new normal' to learn to flow with it. Resisting something we can't control much will generate fierce emotional storm to the body, and the emotional pains are manifested in anxiety, panic, depression, sleeplessness & lack of energy or enthusiasm. If possible, newer sufferers should try to adjust, adapt and to accept the new normal, whatever the case is, especially if it is beyond your control. The less we stress over T, the less intrusive it will be. T may fade or disappear. If it doesn't, accepting the new normal will help to habituate better and faster.

In the following post, you can see how a doctor with T will learn to accept the new normal and adjust. Hopefully, when we learn to accept the new normal, the stress and anxiety level will go down, and then T will be easier to handle. Take care & God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/curing-tinnitus.4136/page-5#post-40854