Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Steve Bennison, Jul 3, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Steve Bennison

Steve Bennison Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot wound to the head
      Hello, My name is steve i have had tinnitus for about 9 years now it started after being shot in my head. The minuet the bullet hit me the tinnitus started and have had it ever since, I have been to the doctors a few times over the years but have always been told there is no cure so decided to try this site to see if there is any thing that can be done to help, I have sort of learned to live with it its mostly at night but sometimes during the day, It feels like some things start it off things like coffee, chocolate and pain killers but it might be my imagination, Has anyone else found this ?
      Regards Steve

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitis Talk Steve.
      You have done well coping with tinnitus for so long.
      At night try playing natural sounds through pillow speakers to help you sleep set below your tinnitus or mixing point.
      Keep it going all night as will help train your brain to focus on the lower sound you have chosen and push your tinnitus to the back ground and it helps cope better through the day....lots of love glynis

3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Steve Bennison . Hi diet plays a big part in controlling your tinnitus. Indeed there are many foods and drinks that will spike your tinnitus. Google tinnitus and not what to eat.