Hello :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by unicorn penguin, Sep 11, 2016.

1. unicorn penguin
      Buzzed

unicorn penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I thought i would share my story with you all.... I already apolagise for it being so big xD

So 2 weeks ago, maybe a bit more, i was having a great day... went to the mall with friends, had a great time, then i came home and by night time i was in my room and like always, i was with my pc and my earphones listening to music or watching some youtube video... the volume was always 15\100, and i was always carefull with putting the volume as low as i can... i never went to concerts and the only time i was exposed to loud sounds was on my prom night (a year ago) and even then i only left the prom with my ears muffled, nothing special, went away 10 min later.

So, continuing, that night i was watching a youtube video and i decided to go to sleep because it was rather late and suddentely this low pitched 'hum' noise came along... i panicked but i managed to sleep trough it. Next day it was all normal so i didnt think much of it. Later that night i heard it again, and the next two days were the same thing.

Then my ears started to really hurt and to feel full, and this high pitched static started to be heard along with this high pitched noise and, to make things better, noises seamed so much louder, fridges were awfull, car breaks, etc...
      I went to the 'ear, nose and throat' doctor and he was like :'oh there is no infection on your ears, but your jaw articulation keeps poping and you have an overbite and your nose is weak (wich i didnt understand what the heck he was saying by that) and you have a slight throat infection'

He gave me antibiotics and some nose spray and if this didnt disapear in 15 days i needed to do an ear exam (which he kept saying was very unlikely).
      Well, i hasent got better, now i managed to ignore the noise for a few hours (everyday i manage a bit more) but recentelly i have been having fleeting tinnutis for like 5-8 seconds and today happened twice (in a 2 hour time) , and its getting more frequent... my tinnitus now is low and i can sleep through it, but im scared that maybe one day the fleeting tinnitus may become permanent or something like that...
      I'm putting braces in 2 days....

So , sorry for the long story xD Thank you for reading and i hope you are having a good day :):)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You seem to have a mild case of tinnitus as you are able to ignore T for hours when your T is so new. Many members including myself have high pitch T 7/24 and are aware of its presence and freak out initially constantly. So count that as positive. Being more positive can help calm your nerves. T is a result of hyperactivity of some neurons in our brain which deal with sound. So the more you can calm your nerves, the better. Do some relaxing or interesting things, such as leisure walk, yoga, some hobbies etc. You can also take some natural herbal stuffs for calming emotions and nerves and which can also help sleep. The better you sleep, the less chance for T to flare up. Don't worry too much about what T will do. It is an unpredictable beast. So best to not react negatively or worry about the future to avoid anxiety and stress which can aggravate T. Take good care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unicorn penguin
      Buzzed

unicorn penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for the tips and for responding to my post :)
      I'll do my best!
      Take care as well and god bless you too^-^

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unicorn penguin
      Buzzed

unicorn penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update:
      Today i woke up, could hear the t, an hour later it was gone.... went to take a shower and it came back (very silent)

Spent the day outside and couldnt hear it (in the first few days i could hear it over car sounds and stuff)... but i heard it only once but it went away quickly

Came home, can´t hear it most of the times but sometimes this high pitched noise appears for 2 seconds and then disapears ( sometimes is on the left ear, sometimes the right one)

This has happened yesterday , dont know if it is progress or a sign that it can go worst... we'll see...
      Good day to you all!

5. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey unicorn Penguin!!
      i hope your t goes away, if it doesnt try to focus on things you can do and have fun.
      if your t is mild, you will get over it with time, and be able to tune it out.
      just try to protect your hearing and avoid noisy places.
      stay around and ask for support when needed
      :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unicorn penguin
      Buzzed

unicorn penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      thanks for all of the support, you guys are amazing!

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      @unicorn penguin

Hang in there and try not to let this stress you. Keep protecting your ears in any loud areas and try to keep active and in decent physical shape. Like Billie said, sleep well as often as possible. Your body does most healing and recharging when asleep. Watch those ear buds and cell phones. The speakers in them are really quite cheap and poorly manufactured. May even carry a frequency above what we hear and do some damage. Good quality headset may be better and safer. Like you said, don't pump up the volume or risk the consequences.

Hope you can finally get rid of your T all together one day. At least keep it very mild! For many of us we now have it steady and has become a part of our lives.

Big hugs from Canada and keep well!!

Mike

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unicorn penguin
      Buzzed

unicorn penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Mike! Thanks for replying
      I'll make sure to follow your suggestions and (again) thank you for taking a part of your time and replying!
      Have a wonderfull day!

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      My pleasure!!!

• Like Like x 1