Hello :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by saamang, Dec 6, 2016.

1. saamang
      Batty

saamang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Abbey i am a young artist from New Zealand who is about to graduate University(next week wooo).

About three months ago during the final preparations of my grad show, i had (what u thought was/is) very bad swimmer's ear, i could hardly hear through my left ear and when i could everything sounded distorted, like a weird mix of alvin and the chipmunks and jigsaw.... overall it was uncomfortable, but as i am stubborn and really dislike going to the doctors so i brought eardrops and got back to studying.

Ever since then the tinnitus has been coming and going but consistently in my left ear. Fed up and convinced that water or earwax was the culprit (last week) i went to the doctor to be told that my ear is absolutely totally clean that i have no signs of any infection and perfect hearing la..di..da... and then proceeded to give me nose spray, a url to wikipedia and told me to leave. The good thing is the nose spray is absolutely amazing and i will definitely will buy it when i have a cold or allergies.

Anyway that brings me to tonight. I live in the countryside and tonight is a particularly boring and quiet night... obviously during times of boredom the mind wanders and my subconscious thought that now is a great time to really focus on the high pitch squeal in my left ear which evidentially sent my brain into some sort of panicky whirlwind, sure that i am going mental i jumped onto the computer to do what millennials do best and self diagnose with the outcome being that i am pregnant, three seconds away from death AND experiencing alien communication.... until i found this site !! which might i say is really amazing. Reading tips and hearing others members experiences is extremely comforting, so far the advice that i have read is really helpful and i have managed to calm down quite a bit.

i look forward to talking to you all.
      Abbey :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi and welcome to tinnitus talk.
      Glad you are finding the forum helpful.
      Try not Google as it can make you worse.
      You are not going nuts but tinnitus can be mental torture.
      Do what you can relax and keep sound on in the day...Christmas songs may be and a natural sound through the night set below your tinnitus so your brain works harder pick up the sound you have chosen and push your tinnitus to the back ground helping your brains natural filter not see tinnitus as a threat and over time will help you cope more in the day....lots of love glynis