Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paul Thompson, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Paul Thompson

Paul Thompson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, I have been suffering from Tinnitus in my right ear since oOct 2017, last week I have had it cleared out at the Drs, found I could hear better but still have the hissing noise :( my Dr says if after the ear clean I still have Tinnitus to come back and see him,Mmmm not been one for going to the Drs and I'm not really sure if there is anything they can really do for this any thoughts if I should or shouldn't would be great please.

My Tinnitus is the worst in the mornings as per the norm and just gets me up early after a wee run no getting back to sleep, I'm going to try some sounds to help (3am this morning and after having a tooth out in the week had to go out for some painkillers )

It has really helped me reading some posts for some advice and ideas. But do I just try my best to live with this or go down the Drs route is the question!

Paul

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      In my 30 years living with tinnitus, I can say that DRs never helped me out. They can possibly offer you meds to calm you down, but there is no cure for this thing. It's a personal journey that we have to take unfortunately and we need to decide on what kind of life strategy we must use.

You can go see DRs and I am not against it at all, but they didn't help me much. I would say that an audiologist was more of a help to me than DRs were. Lately my tinnitus has been worst than ever and I get some relief from my hearing aids (they have pink noise built in). It can be a struggle to live with this, but we still need to LIVE and DO. Not just let this horror win and limit us.

I attribute my increased tinnitus simply to bad eating, been lazy lately and fast foods have been involved (so please eat healthy = less salt, less or no sugar, chicken and vegetables :) )

I wish you lots of luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The fact that it is a hiss and not a high pitch tone is very encouraging. It means your original injury has not been as serious as that of most of us here.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul Thompson

Paul Thompson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ok sounds interesting,thanks.

5. devonlee
      Badass

devonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss of Unknown Origin
      Minor things in your life that you probably never thought of can make a huge difference.

As fishbone mentioned, certain foods can spike tinnitus. Many have mentioned too much sugar, too much salt and specifically MSG.

My other two major causes of spikes are too much caffeine and lack of sleep.

I literally only ever come on here when I'm working night shift, which is when my tinnitus spikes because I'm up all night and keeping myself awake with caffeine.