Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jrh1965, Jun 16, 2018.

1. jrh1965

jrh1965 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      DEC 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      All, Thanks for sharing your experiences.

As bad as the hissing in my head is, the worst part is probably the anxiety of feeling alone in this experience, a feeling that is aggravated by doctors dismissing it because they cannot test for it or measure it.

Initially my tinnitus was a loud pure tone (R>L) that has changed over 4-5 months to a hissing sound. On good days, it is a single tone at very low volume. On bad days, it is loud multiple hissing sounds with what I call a "rough edge", like a thousand sets of car keys being jingled. I also have frequent ear fullness, 2-3 episodes hyperacusis, and periods where I can hear gurgling sounds in my throat (autophony?).

My cause is unknown. I do have have high frequency hearing loss. There are also certain sounds that hurt my ears: some work colleagues on cells on conference calls will have a crackling that hurts my ears. I had bilateral internal carotid artery dissections in DEC 2017, the T started immediately at that time; however, the neurologists are not attributing the T to the dissections.

Thanks again. I'm sorry that others are also going through this but reading success stories gives me hope. Best, Joe