Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by echosata, Jul 31, 2018.

1. echosata

echosata Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Guess I should introduce myself. 37/m.

I've had relatively mild tinnitus for the past 3 years, enough so it never really bothered me except for random but very brief spikes. Two weeks ago I ha a massive spike of noise in my left ear. After 3 days of nausea and headaches and ringing, I went into the instacare where they syringed out my ear.

It took nearly two bottles of warm water to clear out the ear wax, and they found a thumb nail sized hardened piece of ear wax blocking everything.

Well, with that out, the first couple of days was a massive relief. But the ringing spike is back again.

Figure since this is probably going to be a forever thing, might as well find a place to ask a few questions!

Thanks

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @echosata ,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Fingers crossed over the next few day's your tinnitus will settle down for you after your procedure .
      Keep us posted on how your doing and well done coping so far for 3 years.
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      echosata

echosata Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Thanks!

I'm hoping it'll calm down as well. I previously posted here on this forum, somewhere, just after the procedure was completed (it was completed 5 days ago). It was mentioned that even having a spike like that can take the brain a much longer time to get the ringing back to the lower levels I was feeling. Something like 6 months? I'm hoping its not that long!

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Based on the experiences of others, it can take several months for the spike to settle following wax removal. So there is still a good chance that eventually you will be back to your baseline.

You might find some answers to your questions on
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...eone-else-who-has-tinnitus.26850/#post-307822

• Agree Agree x 1