I Just Can't Do This Anymore

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Nov 15, 2014.

1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Horrible drone in right ear, ringing from the left and hisssssssss from both

Why?
      Why me?

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yup...same. How long can a person be tortured for. I'm a positive person but wow...how to get my head around this I don't know.

Watching my life that I have worked so hard for just evaporate is not easy.

Changes to my hearing, ear pain, worsening T everyday is not something that seems natural to get over. Not to mention my general health falling apart as well due to this crap.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
    3. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey Valeri!

I am so sorry you are suffering so bad!!:cry: It SUCKS!!! Cry it out, get some rest, and you are going to make it through!!! Hang in there and hold on!!

I don't know why you or me??? I just woke up one morning with an incredibly high pitch/volume eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise in my head!:eek: No idea why??? Don't waste any time/energy wondering why. Put all your effort into getting stabilized and leveled out. I never thought I would EVER be able to get thru having my T, but I HAVE, and you WILL to!! Don't lose hope!!!!

I wish you rest, peace, and relief SOON!!! :)

Jeff

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I just don't know what's the reason for these new noises now!
      I was really struggling as it was but now this!!!!
      How much more I can take and for how much longer?
      I don't know!
      This is not living, that's for sure!

5. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Dear Valerie, I wish I could give you a hug. But I will pray for you today. Many times I have asked why me?? There is no answer to that. Just try to relax...find something to occupy your mind. Tomorrow is another day...When my T started 3 years ago I thought it was the end of my life...it has been 3 years now and here I am. :) Ups and downs but doing it! You can do it too. One day at a time.... better days are ahead. I hope you have a good night sleep. Stay positive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @OnceUponaTime

Thank you!
      I'm not a newbie, just over three years with this nightmare.
      This is not a spike but new noises that started.
      Really really hard living like this:(

7. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      This is a question I have given some thought to. For both my first, and especially the second stem cell treatment, I recall reflecting on the matter while on the 10-hour plane trip back-and-forth from Europe to Asia.

Of all the five senses, why is the sense-of-hearing so different and susceptible to injury and knock-on complications? Why is it that, in comparison, people who lose some of their sight due to - eg. ageing - do not suddenly experience visual "hallucinations". Or why is it that people with allergies - and who have lost most of their sense of smell - do not develop problems with that part of the sensory system?

Why is there no "safety" mechanism built into the auditory system when things go wrong (ie. loss of hearing from noise, disease, ageing, or any other problem which may occur)? Losing hearing is bad enough; why do we have to be punished twice?

A rhetorical question might be: why is not more being done to prevent 90% of all cases of NIHL-tinnitus? Something which seems so obvious and straightforward to address. And a question I have raised with the EU DGfH&C...

That is something everyone on this forum has asked themselves. Why me?

Some are more "guilty" than others. But the suffering is the same.

And some stories stand out more than others. Take @Markku who developed tinnitus from ear syringing - can you imagine anything more sinister and unfortunate than developing tinnitus from a routine medical procedure - and from people you are supposed to trust? I cannot...

Every human being has a certain number of "degrees of freedom". Use them to your advantage in terms of seeking relief. There is always something else you can do...

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Attheedgeofscience ? ( wow that's a long nane ) LOL

I was just wondering, you are the first and only person that I know that has actually HAD stem cell treatment. I had looked into it and made a bunch of calls a long times ago but I got the impression that it was NOT even available then because of legal issues. I'm very courious as to how it worked out for you ? if at all and to what degree of sucess , do you mind sharing your story ? Even if you want to start a new thread this is very interesting.

Thank You

Louie

9. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Telis

I truly understand how you feel about "Watching my life that I have worked so hard for just evaporate",,,and Im very sorry that you are having such a tough time. And I wish you better days ahead.

Valeri

The same to you, I really hope that you have quieter days also, You both please hang in there, its got to get better. I keep telling myself that everyday, its what keeps me going. And yes tomorrow is another day who knows what's around the corner.

Take care

Louie

10. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      You're on the right track. Your post proves it. It seems like you are stating your feelings about your T and not measuring and describing the T as much. This is what I do. I learned it here. I've had T for over 40 years and this method of ignoring the T but paying attention to your feelings about it really works for me. I guess I can't change my T but I can change my feelings toward it by asking myself how "I" am doing today, NOT how my T is doing. Get it? I'm amazed at how well, and fast, this worked for me.
      Yes, this is scary ass stuff. But imagine going a whole day not hearing it then you only hear it for a little while at night and it doesn't seem bothersome at all. I give all the credit to this awesome technique. I wish I could remember who posted it first.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. beemovie

beemovie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2013
      You having ringing and hissing at the same time or do you mean that it switches from one to the other?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I have wondered about this myself.

Humans are far from perfect if you look at all the diseases and thing that can go wrong with our complex body, cancers, diabetes, chrones disease, epilepsy , blindness, CFS , tinnitus etc etc ,the human body is a product of evolution, a product of compromises.

I always tought the medical world was pretty advanced and we knew alot but I came to realise since I have T we are still in the dark ages about alot of stuff.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Bart

Diagnostically they can do anything under the sun.
      Cure?
      That's another story:(

• Like Like x 1
    15. MaD

MaD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      27/01/2013
      So you are having a bad time?
      I might have some tips for you that helped for me.
      - Try to stop thinking all day about it.
      - Go out with some friends to have a good time, you will automaticly forget about the T.
      - Buy some earplugs and always take them with you and wear them if you think it is too loud.
      - Get some distraction, for me this was playing strategic videogames like league of legends or dota, i was so focussed on the game that i forgot the rest.
      - Try to accept it.
      - Do not stress and try to relax.

Always feel free to contact me.

Greatings

M.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    16. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      so sorry Valeri... I totally understand where you are coming from... I have had tinnitus almost 2 years and I just cant seem to habituate, I know when it goes away for awhile if im lucky and when it goes through the roof.. (most of time), I just pray something comes available in the near future! I don't care if this noise is harmful or not.( so to speak) it has made all of our lives torture . (at some point) some days it is just so hard to go on... I just cant believe in 2014 almost 2015 we don't have a medicine to take our noise down to a point to live normal without all the horrible side effects some of these guys have and are going through.. its so sad....God Bless these guys who are doing the trials.

• Agree Agree x 2
    17. Frank O.

Frank O. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1998
      Hey guys, just wanted to share my story real quick since I've been watching these blogs. I am 33/M. My T started when I dove into a pool at 16 years old. I suddenly had a loud concert like ringing in my right ear and my sense of taste was gone for three months. I could not taste a thing! The ringing went down to a high pitch sound at a low volume comparable to the ringing you would hear for 5 minutes if someone clapped their hands right by your ear. I couldn't sleep for months when it first happened and I was terrified. I felt sub-human, that I had faulty ears. The ringing is still here today but I only notice it when I think about it. I compare it to seeing trippy lights when I shut my eyes. If it's quiet, I hear my friendly little ring. I think it means that I am born to rock and I should ALWAYS have punk rock music on. ;)
      -Looking on the bright side

• Like Like x 4
    18. labrat10687

labrat10687 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Has anyone here tried masking? What masking does for me is i'm able to turn the tinnitus off whenever I want to. Don't mask all the time but it's nice to know that you can at least turn it off for a period of time. I know it's not for everyone but i'm still surprised how well it does work.