I Now Have Tinnitus After Receiving the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mamabear, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Alexandor Scott

Alexandor Scott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      If we don't get the second dose, we still risk a spike from a COVID-19 infection. It sucks. We have no good options here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      I just read a couple of days ago that they are looking into the reports of tinnitus. I think it wasn't taken as seriously since at least one other vaccine (for Shingles) is known to trigger tinnitus. Mine is now much better, finally, 6 weeks after being "fully vaccinated". I think it will resolve in a few more months. I do notice the more I think about it, the more I notice it. So I try to ignore and stay busy.

3. Alexandor Scott

Alexandor Scott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Did you get a spike after the first and second dose or just the second?

4. Jon R.

Jon R. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 & then again in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st tone 2001 ear plugs, 3 other tones 2021 Pfizer vaccine
      Hey @Poseidon_3113, I just wondered if your tinnitus went down in the end? Thanks.

5. 2020 Survivor
      Frustrated

2020 Survivor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      covid-19 vaccine - I suspect
      Just wanted to update you all on my progress - or lack thereof.

I went to the ENT today. After pulling out a giant chunk of wax (no, this did not resolve the tinnitus) and testing my hearing, she reluctantly wrote me a Rx for a steroid. She said that in her experience, steroids don't work unless used within 2 weeks of the onset, so she wouldn't choose it if she were in my position. To me, I feel there's nothing to lose except for 10 days of super annoying side effects (insomnia, jitteriness, road-rage, etc.). (I'll take the 10 days for the possibility of relief from the constant mosquito in my ear.) Then she scheduled a follow-up for next week, (which seems to serve no purpose other than padding her pocketbook), and sent me on my way.

What is interesting to me, however, is the giant ball of wax - what is THAT about? And the fact that I've had a slight, dull pain in my ear for the entire day. Maybe I'm just in denial, but I really think there is more going on here than just old-age hearing loss accompanied by tinnitus...

6. Massi91

Massi91 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum and prob. Noise Trauma
      I also had a lot of earwax removed, it is normal, your body produces it overtime. I also got tinnitus in my right ear, it's just a mild whooshing sound but I already had tinnitus in my left ear before. Now having tinnitus in both ears is really bothersome...

Anyways, don´t worry, there are many other people like you, this may not help you mentally but people can overcome anything if they want.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      After the first shot, about 10 or 12 hours later. It settled a bit, so I got the 2nd and it got louder about 8 hours later. Then it settled again. I was "fully" vaccinated (2 weeks past the 2nd shot) on May 4. It's now mostly not so bad anymore. Loud noises can trigger it and sometimes it just decides to be louder. But it's no longer making me anxious and worried.

• Like Like x 1
    8. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      I don't know how active this thread is anymore, but:

I had a spike 10-14 days after my first Pfizer shot that lasted about 10 days.

My second shot was un-eventful, no spike.

It's been several months now and my tinnitus is just fine, no lasting problem from the shots.

Anybody on the "fence" about getting the vaccine, my advice (for what it's worth) is to get it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      My advice (for what it's worth), is to NOT get the vaccine.

It seems pretty clear the number of serious "adverse reactions" (including death) is vastly underreported, and those trying to do so are being hit with almost unprecedented censorship. Just some of the latest I heard is that pediatricians are seeing large numbers of young people coming in complaining of tinnitus, and they believe the vaccines are the culprits.

I've also heard people are developing various forms of dysautonomia, which is indicative of brain injury (as is tinnitus). Many of these symptoms often don't appear for days or even weeks after the vaccine, and is indicative that the damage can continue for long periods of time after getting a shot.

The many who invented the mRNA technology used to develop these vaccines (apparently) now regrets having had the vaccine himself. There's so much more to know about about how problematic these vaccines may be, if people would make the effort to look for the kind of information that is being censored at all media levels.

FWIW, apparently about forty new billionaires (within the pharmaceutical industry) have been minted since the start of the pandemic. Just think how much more money they can make if they can continue this for a number of years. As always, follow the money.

It makes no sense whatsoever that a cheap and safe drug called Ivermectin that is almost 100% effective when used prophylactically in preventing COVID-19 (and also extremely effective as a successful treatment) is not being trumpeted by every newspaper in the world. But it's understandable, since most of them are hardly more than a mouthpiece for the pharmaceutical industry.

I guess I'll stop now.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Ivermectin is ototoxic and linked to dizziness and vertigo.

Study of its use treating patients for COVID-19 and findings of ototoxicity:

A Narrative Review of Pharmacologic Treatments for COVID-19: Safety Considerations and Ototoxicity

There are also questions of whether it causes severe neurological side effects per other past studies.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      It's being reported by Reuters, BBC, Bloomberg, and others.

• Like Like x 1
    12. SectorClear

SectorClear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/20/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ/ETD/stress
      My doctor says my recent onset tinnitus is from TMJ, but for the record I got it 13 days after my 1st Pfizer dose. I did not get the second dose for fear of making it worse. I'm sure they're at least a little connected.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      My vertigo and dizziness started 13 days after my 2nd Pfizer vax. I woke up with severe vertigo, could not walk, nausea and throwing up. I've had it for 9 weeks. I have no previous history of vestibular issues. It's better, but still present.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. SectorClear

SectorClear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/20/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ/ETD/stress
      Hopefully there's some research on this so they can figure out a way to prevent it and cure it. I'll still treat my TMJ but if that fails then I'm squarely pointing the finger at the vaccine. I would have rolled the dice with COVID-19 if I knew there was a chance of tinnitus from the vaccine (and now myocarditis is being labeled too as a warning).

• Like Like x 1
    15. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      Yet another update: I had a horrible 2 days and thought oh no, the vaccine is causing this. Nope, I also had headache, pain in temple/upper jaw and a nosebleed. It was triggered by ragweed which is out here. I was miserable and now it's settling down again. I also have a neck issue and had worked out making it somewhat stiff. I read that could trigger/cause it also. I'm now satisfied the vaccine had no lasting effects for me and I am as safe as anyone can be from getting COVID-19.

Do I still have tinnitus? Yes, but it is not something I can't handle at the volume I get now.

• Like Like x 2
    16. twa
      Busy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      How's your tinnitus and hyperacusis overall? I know you are not on the page much these days, but I wanted to see how you've been. I read your posts when I get discouraged. It's been 8 months since my acoustic trauma, then a setback after the shots.

17. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I hope you’re doing better.

18. twa
      Busy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      Thank you. I hope you are too. I can't remember, did you have tinnitus before the vax?

• Like Like x 1
    19. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Yep, loud and in one ear. It was not a big deal until I got the reactive tones.

20. Meagan G.
      No Mood

Meagan G. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      @Al Cuz and @kingsfan, I'm wondering how you are doing now that more time has passed since your second shot?

You both indicated that your tinnitus was indeed worsened by jab no. 2 but it has now been several weeks.

Any improvement? Are you yet back to your baseline (before the second vaccine shot) by any chance?

21. kingsfan
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I never got the second shot. I'm too chicken. Still suffering from the effects of the 1st one back in March.

• Hug Hug x 2
    22. Meagan G.
      No Mood

Meagan G. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      Ah, I misunderstood a post of yours from a while back. My worsening from jab #1 (in February) is still with me, too. No improvement but I do have days where I think I am beginning to habituate somewhat. For the time being I am also choosing to not do the 2nd shot.

23. 2020 Survivor
      Frustrated

2020 Survivor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      covid-19 vaccine - I suspect
      Latest update:

I will be taking my last tapered dose of Prednisone tomorrow. And no, it did not rid me of tinnitus. Darn! The side effects were not nearly as bad as was presented. I did have A TON of energy and was awake until 1 AM, but I used it to tackle my to-do list and it was quite a productive week :)

I'm hoping there is some sort of delayed effect from the Prednisone that kicks in over the next few weeks. I've also been trying some neck stretching, mineral oil for wax build up, and iron-rich foods to cover all my bases.

The tinnitus is less bothersome. I wouldn't say it's gone altogether, but it's certainly not as loud. Most of the time it's just a mild hiss that I have to choose to notice — not the screaming, pulsating ringing that used to overtake my entire consciousness.

At this point, I'll probably skip the booster if that becomes a thing.

• Like Like x 3
    24. kingsfan
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ah yea no worries. I did make a statement at some point that I going to say screw it and just get it since I was already suffering, but I never actually went through with it. I hope you feel better soon. Wish we could have just gotten vaccinated without any negative side effects as we already have enough to deal with along with evading COVID-19 still.

25. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Mine was actually decent today. Buzz, hiss, beep boop, squeaks and ringing but not as loud. 65 days post onset from J&J vaccine.

26. kingsfan
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My air condition broke, so I've been using quite a few fans to move air around and stay cool. I'm finding out just how reactive my tinnitus actually is.

• Like Like x 1
    27. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Yeah reactive tinnitus sucks bad. Any fan or AC makes my beeps go boop, whistle or just plain spike lol.

28. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      I got worse tinnitus and hearing loss after the first dose of Pfizer. I don't think you should take a second dose because the risk of catching COVID-19 today is lower and declining. Prevention via masks and distancing works and you already know the first dose was ototoxic. Eliminate all risks and you don't have to choose between the two.

29. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      The Pfizer reported side effect rate for tinnitus and hearing loss is 100 times less than an independent trial done at a hospital with doctors and nurses who were followed up. I can't find the research study but it was well done. The Pfizer trial is likely like VAERS - based on self reporting and therefore meaningless. I was 98% dismissive and suspicous of anything coming from government or corporations. Now they have ZERO credibility to me.

• Like Like x 2
    30. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Could you share the study link? I would be curious to read it.