I Now Have Tinnitus After Receiving the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mamabear, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Lol.
      Okay.
      Understatement. If I ever offer to cure your tinnitus but refuse to tell you what the cure is, and also ask you to sign a legal waiver in case I cause your severe injury or death, I'll expect you to discern it as more than a "bit of a risk".
      Disagree.

My take: natural immunity has been hastily swept under the carpet for no logical reason.

Also, viral load is tractable. How do I know this? Because it was exhibited at the start of the pandemic. I followed the snowballing of COVID-19 over social media, and at the very start the people in both China, the U.S and Italy who were dying most frequently from infection were healthcare workers, meanwhile civilians were mostly recovering. At the outset the absolute worst place you could find yourself was a hospital, and the hypothesis was: the higher viral load as a result of greater exposure.

Your chances of experiencing anything greater than mild symptoms were a lot better, if like me, you brought the virus home on some shopping and became infected. Hence so many average joes complaining of something like a "bad flu" in 2020 and also high incidence of "carriers" that experienced no symptoms at all.
      Sure, I take your point and admire that you appear to demonstrate an understanding of virological mechanisms, but here's the thing:

Primary Subjective Evidence

In 2002 I develop mild tinnitus.

Between 2002 and 2006 I suffer several acoustic traumas, that increase my tinnitus, however it remains mild.

2007 I'm infected with an Influenza that causes mild but permanent hearing loss, and my tinnitus jumps from mild to moderate.

(irrelevant) Events of 2009 then take place and I'm left with the severe tinnitus I have now.(irrelevant)

Skip to 2020. I'm infected with COVID-19 twice. Neither time my tinnitus increases.

By 2021 I've probably been infected with the same virus seven times over as I no longer go to much length to avoid it, and I've never experienced the same symptoms again, nor has my tinnitus increased.

Family members have all had COVID-19, none of them became seriously ill. None have developed tinnitus. Those that had tinnitus already have no increase in their baseline.

Secondary Subjective Evidence

Extended family members who were infected (I have around 20) become infected, none become seriously ill or develop tinnitus.

None of their friends or acquaintances develop tinnitus or need hospitalisation (we are now talking about a specimen sample size of 100+ people)

Even @Tinker Bell, one of the most outspoken COVID-19 fearmongers on this forum has inadvertently backed up my position:

tinker_LI.jpg

tinker 2_LI.jpg

A virus other than COVID-19 caused her severe hearing damage years ago, and yet, she lived at least 1 year and (roughly) 3 months unvaccinated while this highly infectious virus was rapidly spreading, and it did nothing to her tinnitus.

Another COVID-19 fearmonger @Ed209, mentioned he and some family and friends were hospitalised with this virus, as if this anecdotal experience proved beyond doubt the it was lethal (and I'm not going to deny his reality), and yet while browsing Tinnitus talk I accidentally tripped over this thread:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/i-feel-the-need-to-vent.39201/

Quick read suggests @Ed209 and much of his circle suffered from quite a few health complications prior to COVID-19's emergence; so it's not that surprising.

Objective Evidence

My point still stands. While I do not have access to Tinnitus Talk's numbers for each year, I'm confident in conjecturing that the number of members did not increase three-fold between 2020 and 2021. Nor was there a sudden return of members - whose accounts had become inactive prior to 2020 (noted as a result of bored browsing through old threads and profiles) - all experiencing worsened tinnitus as a result of a virus.
      Okay @Matchbox, if you want to be autistic about it: hands up, I've lumped influenza in with coronaviruses, pretty sure most layman do, unless they're actual virologists, because y'know, pretty much identical behaviour, infection rate and symptoms.
      I mean, no offense or anything, but you realise you're contradicting the Ex-Vice President of Pfizer, and one of the most prominent virologists on the planet who have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by going against the mainstream narrative... It's weird, but I'm just somewhat more inclined to take their side when one of them says the mutations to COVID-19 haven't been enough, for what the media is telling us is happening, to actually... happen.
      Another understatement.
      Lol, mate, if me miscategorizing Flu as a coronavirus gives you a "yikes" moment, wait until you see where these vaccine "mandates" are going. Just keep telling people how bad this virus is; help spread the fear, and you're not going to have to volunteer for anything.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      LOL @Wrfortiscue, I love your take on this.

You know, I would absolutely take your side on this if more people with tinnitus was the only implication of the vaccine wars, but the ramifications are going to travel much further than that.

You see, looking beyond the health aspect and more closely at the political: the larger the pool of vaccinated grows, the smaller the pool of unvaccinated becomes, until eventually governments can just offer anyone they want the choice of a rape cell or a box of unknown surprises, because, who the f*ck is gonna care? Most people by then will be "vaxxed" anyway, so all they'll think is "well, we had it, why not them?"...

Returning to the health angle. Yeah, from a Machiavellian perspective, it would be great if so many people got tinnitus from the vaccines, that our condition became in urgent need of a cure. The unfortunate likelihood however (in worst case scenario), is that long term various health problems from them, over the next decade, will push our condition even further to the back of queue; with neurodegenerative disorders and circulatory diseases such as ALS and thrombosis taking centre stage.

But anyway, don't worry about Jastreboff, he's the kind of parasite that will always capitalise on a crisis; he'll probably invent some kind of CBT programme for the masses of people disabled by the vaccines and tell them it's their reaction to the paralysis, seizures and heart attacks, that's the problem. (y)

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      So, a couple of updates:
      Some reasons why:

Delta Variant: Natural Immunity 700% Greater Protection Than Shot, Data from Israeli Govt. Shows - NewsRescue.com

Israeli Data Shows Natural Immunity MASSIVELY More Protective Than Vaccination – Anti-Empire

Israel's Top Respiratory Doctor Blows Whistle on Vaccine Effectiveness and American Media Ignores Completely (noqreport.com)

Pandemic of The Vaccinated? 75% of New Covid Cases In Singapore Have Been Jabbed - NewsRescue.com
      And just to readdress this, but from a vaccine critical standpoint (rather than a COVID-19 dismissive standpoint):

Might COVID Injections Reduce Lifespan? | The Most Revolutionary Act (wordpress.com)

(Quote from Dr Vladimir Zelenko)

zelenko.PNG

I'm now going to stop discussing this topic on Tinnitus Talk, because this is a Tinnitus Forum and I am aware that I am playing a large part in making it look more like an anti vs pro (COVID-19) vaccine forum.

My original intention when joining this site was to contribute to the numbers of us suffering that this site represents and to offer support to people struggling with our condition, that have (likely) had it less time than me.

In the midst of challenging what I have identified as misinformation and scaremongering, I feel I have lost my way.

If you want to respond to my points and evidence, then by all means feel free to; but I am now setting myself the boundary of no longer debating this (as I have, by now, made my position succinctly clear) and will therefore not be responding.

Thank you to the mods for having tolerated my digression, up to this point.

• Like Like x 1
    4. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      Sorry for any confusion. I was responding to the man that asked if I had a test for the Delta variant. I had not heard of the number of breakthrough infections that were happening. So I had no such test. While I may have had a breakthrough infection, I can't prove it.

I had my MRI today. If the doctor finds "nothing" that would cause tinnitus, he said then he would agree it's been triggered by the vaccine.

• Like Like x 1
    5. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      Can you help me find the paper on the Salk website? I did find an article they wrote specifically stating that COVID-19 is a Vascular disease and not an upper respiratory, which is the opposite of the quote above.

https://www.salk.edu/news-release/t...protein-plays-additional-key-role-in-illness/

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Hi @kingsfan.

The paper you've linked (from the Salk Institute) is the paper Dr. Zelenko was quoting from, but it doesn't contradict what he's saying, as you seem to think.

The paper suggests that SARS-CoV-2 is a vascular disease, but that doesn't change the fact that it's modus operandi is to infect the airways.

What the salk paper expands on, is something virologists suspected last year, which is that COVID-19, after having infected the lungs (if not quickly eliminated by the immune system of a healthy person) then makes its way into the circulatory system and begins to attack major organs. Thus: a vascular disease that primarily infects the airways.

(Article from last year):
      Revealed: How coronavirus attacks your veins, heart, brain and blood – as well as lungs (telegraph.co.uk)

What was revelatory in the paper however, was the fact they isolated the spike protein from the virus and found that the spike protein alone was capable of doing major damage (inducing the same blood clots being found in healthy young patients that have died recently after their vaccinations); the same spike protein that is now bypassing the lungs and being produced in mass volume by the body's own cells (inside vaccinated people). Hence Dr. Zelenko's and other prominent scientists'/doctors' concerns.

7. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
    8. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      For those who may have read my posts, I changed from random tinnitus since childhood to 24/7 after the 1st Pfizer vaccine at the end of March.

It faded to bearable.

I got the 2nd shot and it spiked again (end of April).

Then in late July or early August it spiked again when I had a 3-day headache, my nose felt on fire, and I felt generally blah. It took again a couple of weeks to settle. Then I saw about how many breakthrough infections were being caused by Delta and it was too late for a COVID-19 test. I went to my ENT and had a brain MRI. The results are totally normal. So now I'm left with faded tinnitus again--unless my doctor recommends the booster. The ENT also mentioned I may have TMJ. I thank everyone who shared information. It was a great help to know I wasn't alone. I wish all of you healing of this condition.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    9. squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Update:

After getting the 2nd dose Pfizer a week ago I might have had a short spike, at least it seemed my ears were more sensitive to noise that they previously had not had an reaction to. Things triggered them quite easily.

Yesterday was the first day I felt more like they were returning to baseline, I forgot about the noise at times and sounds from the TV, kitchen fan, car, masked it. It still is a little up and down (a lil louder today after sleeping poorly) but yesterday gave me hope this will go back to a baselife in the future that will not bother me in my everyday life.

It has still been a very stressful journey, having my tinnitus flare up like this and I wish more info had been available pre-vaccine that this was a potential side effect. Tinnitus sucks so bad and I hope that someday there will be a better way to treat it.

But for now I have hope that whatever caused this, vaccine or not, just gave me a temporary set back.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    10. anonymoose

anonymoose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck injury
      Texas Roadhouse CEO Suicide: Post-Covid-19 Tinnitus Contributed

Dropping this in here for those that let anecdotes weigh too heavily on them. CEO of Texas Roadhouse had terrible tinnitus because of a COVID-19 infection and it drove him to suicide.

I have somatosensory tinnitus, received both doses of the Moderna vaccine, and experienced no difference in tinnitus afterwards.

Based on your initial post it seems like you had a mild allergic reaction to something (possibly the vaccine due to when it occurred). Have you tried sustained usage of anti-histamines to see if that helps? By that I mean taking one in the morning (e.g. Zyrtec) and another at night (e.g. Allegra) for 3-4 weeks.

11. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      @CathyJ - If Aspirin causes tinnitus then it is highly likely that you are 'salicylate sensitive'. Salicylates cause my tinnitus & they are hard to avoid. If I manage not to eat food with moderate to high salicylate content then my tinnitus disappears. If I eat or drink or 'breathe in' something high in salicylates then tinnitus drives me crazy. Only New Zealand has done real research into the salicylate content of food & their results are affected by their soil type/growth medium so it's often hit & miss working out which foods are 'safe' here in the UK. The tinnitus link was proven when they gave salicylates to laboratory animals and it caused tinnitus (must have had some way of testing for it as I assume that the animals couldn't say 'my ears are ringing :) The good news is that managing to avoid saliculates can bring days and days of perfect pure silence. As an aside, as this is a vaccine thread, I'm not having the jabs. I know that louder or constant tinnitus will drive me insane so I have declined the many 'come & get vaccinated' invitations I've received.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      Oh man, I hope salicylates aren't in coffee.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    13. Frank Wong

Frank Wong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe covid 19 vaccination
      Hi.
      Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Meagan G.
      No Mood

Meagan G. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      Hi, I wanted to share an update.

After 6 months I finally got my 2nd Pfizer. After the 1st one, on Day 10 my tinnitus became quite a bit louder. To date it has not resolved. So I was very afraid of getting the 2nd jab. Due to Delta and other reasons (1st grandbaby, wanting to resume travel at some point, wanting to interact safely with others, etc.), I got up the nerve to get it. I loaded up on anti-inflammatory supplements and foods and tried to keep busy to keep myself from hyperfocusing. On Day 11 I had a new sound but my Eustachian tube was feeling full, too, so I took allergy meds for about 4 days and both the sound and fullness resolved.

Now I think I am back to the same tinnitus as after the first shot (about a 4/10). I am relieved the 2nd shot didn’t bring on a marked increase in volume and I am thankful to be seeing that habituation is something that may well work for me.

Kind regards to all.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      Yes, the ENT said I may be sensitive to "salts" which Aspirin fall into the category of. Oddly Ibuprofen has no effect on me. Tequila must have some, because it does the same thing. Lol.

16. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      Last update from me:

It is now 5 months plus a week since my 2nd Pfizer vaccine. My MRI was completely normal.

A week after that, my tinnitus is now what it was prior to the vaccines. I am so so happy! I went hours without noticing it for the past week. I hear it now as I type but it's just a soft high-pitch in the background and not even annoying. I suspect I'll be recommended to get the booster later this year and will update again after that happens. Thanks to all of you for the support.

• Like Like x 3
    17. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      People are dying after getting a COVID-19 vaccine plus the serious side effects the MSM overlooks or intentionally ignores.

Yet another e.g. from Canada: a 17 year-old boy dies after the Pfizer vaccine. He took it so he could play hockey.

https://ocla.ca/list-of-sudden-deaths-in-ontario/

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    18. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
    19. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I would rather take Ivermectin than another shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    20. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      They could put a gun to my head; no way I get a booster. I’m basically already dead now.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    21. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Kinda negates the "absolute need" for "everyone" to get vaccinated. There are many other things besides optimal Vit. D levels that negate it as well. -- BTW, my understanding is most people are deficient in Vit. D., with many being severely deficient.

"There’s a strong correlation between your vitamin D level and your risk of dying from COVID-19. At a level of 17 ng/mL, the death rate is nearly 100%. At a level of 35 ng/mL, the death rate is near zero."

• Like Like x 2
    22. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      If your tinnitus started or worsened after the vaccine, PLEASE REPORT IT TO VAERS! If you don’t, the government can continue to say it isn’t a problem and the vaccine has no side effects. Our voices must be heard!

• Agree Agree x 2
    23. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      I have 3 friends with mild tinnitus due to noise and they got vaccinated with no change in tinnitus. Why is that?

24. Chris S.

Chris S. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud sound; Pfizer vaccine
      I reported it in April. Took them over a month and a half to send a brief acknowledgment.

The vaccine does indeed have side effects and we are the proof. COVID-19, however, can do more damage. I was considering getting the third booster shot but the (very few) recent reports here convinced me not to do it (for now).

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. chinup

chinup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Is the tinnitus from the vaccine just upper range hearing loss that wouldn’t be detected in a normal 8 kHz test? A lot of folks on Facebook seem to think that it’s just a temporary inflammatory reaction that will subside in 6-12 months. They all say they have “perfect hearing” according to their hearing test results.

I’m of the belief that it’s potentially permanent and caused by vaccine-induced hearing damage past where those tests actually go. Some people heal up but most won’t. My tinnitus is basically the exact same as it was back in March when I got my first shot. I have about 10 different tones now, it’s somewhat insane but thankfully it’s not overwhelmingly loud and I can typically mask it...

Any thoughts on this?

• Like Like x 1
    26. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      Probably the last post from me. I got my Pfizer booster on Nov. 1.

I am fine. Tinnitus is marginally louder off and on but totally bearable and not that different from what I always had. I also had very little reaction to the shot. My arm hurt and I got some very minimal shoulder pain for about 4 or 5 hours. By 28 hours later I'm 100% fine. I did ask for this shot to be aspirated. There is some evidence (at least according to a doctor [John Campbell] in the UK who has followed this since the beginning that links not aspirating the vaccine to the blood clots and myocarditis.) The scenario is that if the vaccine goes into a vein vs the muscle it can rarely cause one of those bad effects. Neither the CDC nor the WHO are recommending aspiration, but I believe it is Norway or Netherlands that found that link and do it routinely now.

I am personally happy I got the vaccines and have no hesitancy at all now.

And one last thing, there was an Israeli report saying natural immunity was very protective. Studies now find that even if you recovered from COVID-19, you are 5 times more likely to get re-infected than a person who recovered and then got the vaccine. Take that for what it's worth as several have said if they survived once, they should again.

Good luck with your choices and I hope for times of silence for all of you.

• Like Like x 1
    27. CathyJ

CathyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer Covid Vaccine
      I had off/on tinnitus since childhood and about 15 years ago got pulsatile type also. I had some left ear hearing loss, very little. Mine became 24/7 after my first vaccine and spiked again after the 2nd one. It all calmed back to normal 5 months after the 2nd shot and the booster hasn't really made it worse. I don't even have the pressure feel in my ears after the booster. I do agree that for me, it's an inflammatory response.

28. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      I demanded a full frequency test from 125 Hz to 20 kHz. I had low frequency loss consistent with my current diagnosis of Ménière’s disease. I was able to hear up to 16 kHz WNL. Yet my tinnitus is through the roof from the vaccine.

• Like Like x 1
    29. chinup

chinup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      That’s good to know, maybe it’s temporary inflammation after all. I think you’d have some measurable hearing loss in the upper ranges if the vaccine-induced tinnitus was actually causing permanent damage.

Sorry that your tinnitus is so loud, hopefully this means it will lessen with time!

By the way, is your tinnitus tone a higher frequency tone, or is it a lower frequency tone where your hearing loss is?

30. 5atoshi

5atoshi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      The mRNA vaccine alters your DNA in ways we have yet to still fully understand. The links between the vaccine and tinnitus are growing at an alarming rate. In fact there is no risk vs benefits study for the vaccine yet. I would do extensive research before injecting myself with a treatment that hasn't been fully tested. There is no way to fully understand if the vaccine is safe or effective.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1