I'm Sorry

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nathalie, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Nathalie
      Sad

Nathalie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am not dead. I am sorry for the fraud. I have commited a horrendous act which lead me to fake that message. My apologies. I can only say so much.

• Hug Hug x 13
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I can assure you that most people are just glad you're ok.

You must try and seek help for whatever problems you are facing. You live and learn.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Dave111
      Transparent

Dave111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Makeing music in band and headphone on to long.
      I thought already it wasnt real but it was makeing me more scared about my T dont do that ever again. Glad you are oke too.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      So happy hear that you are alive and you get the help and support you need so you can live a happy life as thats what we want for everyone....
      Nice to see you back
      ..lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 3
    5. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I agree with others, @Nathalie, we are just glad you are OK. Thanks for letting us know the truth and admitting what you did, that takes a lot of courage. Hope you are getting the support you need to work through this.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      That was obviously pretty messed up , but you seem to know that so...bygones :)

Seek some help for your problems.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Nathalie. I am pleased to hear that you are still with us. You had your reasons for doing what you did. You have shown how sorry you are and that's not easy for anyone to do publically. Try and get some professional help and remember, you will always find people to talk to in this forum if things ever get too much.
      All the best.
      Michael

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      @Nathalie,
      I tend to stay away from your threads because of the high drama but I am glad you are still with us. Please seek therapy and maturity.

9. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      As others have said, we are all so happy you are alive.

Please seek therapy Nathalie to get to a happier place to enjoy life as you deserve.
      Everybody here knows about pain Nathalie....and because we know the pain of tinnitus together, we understand the pain you feel as well and have great empathy for you and one other.

Please get with a therapist and work through all the inner conflict that led you to yesterday's post. You will get to much better place by working through all issues that have upset you so. Further, even if tinnitus lingers, there will be therapies on the horizon in your young life I am certain.

Be well and seek to have fun and next time you want to get our attention, at least do it on April 1st or something. ;)

PS: how 'bout a new avatar? Current pic is well...a bit dark and time to lighten the mood.:)

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathalie
      Sad

Nathalie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am in much distress because of something that happened to my leg. Not because of T at the moment. I just can't deal with it, the freedom of walking is not for me anymore nor sports. I am a completely disabled person. Just when I started to cope with my T and hearing loss. I have no family anymore. Nothing. Not even the ability to walk.

• Hug Hug x 3
    11. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Glad you are OK. Made my stomach churn because I had been having suicidal thoughts myself recently. However, we can't let it beat us. Need to keep on fighting.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    12. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Your leg will likely heal over time. I've dealt with some really serious injuries that I thought would never get better. Severe pain 24/7. Couldn't stand for more than 15-20 mins. I'm back in the gym a few years later. Keep fighting.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    13. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      You may believe these are hollow words, but your view of things like your tinnitus and your leg is they will never change moving forward. I know people who have come back with almost every bone broken in horrendous car wrecks and all sort of adversity...told they would never walk again etc. Somehow you have to view these obstacles in your life as temporary. Our health changes constantly. At some point you will cope better with your tinnitus and hopefully get your leg working again.
      Hopefulness and moving forward starts with mental health. Of course its normal to be depressed and/or anxious when adversity comes and btw it does for every single person who has lived. Nobody escapes adversity Nathalie.
      Since adversity is a given in each of our lives, it is all how we handle it that matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    14. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I agree with you @stophiss . Life is problematic and few of us go through it without problems. Even the wealthy don't escape because difficulty, trauma and sickness respects no person. It is true that some get more than their fare share but unfortunately that's the way life goes. Perhaps if we didn't have difficulty in our life and obstacles to overcome some of us wouldn't reach our full potential or realize what we are capable of doing without some effort. Perhaps if everything was given to us on a plate and life was a bed of roses then we wouldn't strive and push to overcome adversity. A person can stagnate and become useless without challenges.
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but rising every time we fall.

• Agree Agree x 4
    15. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Absolutely spot on. Everyone you see each day is facing a private battle you know nothing about. The stress of modern life is almost inescapable, and problems arise for almost everyone on the planet. Sometimes these can be life changing health issues, and/or truly heartbreaking events. I know @billie48 came through an ordeal that would have finished off many mortal beings, but he found the strength to carry on. Deep within all of us is a strength we know nothing about; it lays dormant until called upon, but it's there. A small amount of courage or inspiration is all it takes to tap into this resource.

"The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it"

George C Scott

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    16. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Glad you're here :beeranimation:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    17. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I hope your immobility is only temporary that you leg will heal. Please get the care you need to heal the leg. Your young body should heal better than most people. Don't look at it as permanent disability. Even with the worst case scenario, people do find strength to soldier on with life, with the strong will to overcome to live out their dreams.

At this low point of your young life, you may need to borrow strength from the 'guiding lights' that I wrote in an earlier thread of yours. Don't forget the empowering stories of those who overcome all odds to excel. Don't forget every 4 years we get to see all the disabled athletes of the Paralymptic Game who overcome their handicap to excel in sports. Don't forget the inspiring stories of Jennifer Bricker, an abandoned orphan who has no legs, and Melody Gardot who overcomes severe T & H and severe car accident (hospitalized for a year in pain) to become an acclaimed jazz singer even limping with cane and wearing earplugs at all times. Also look at these heroic victims of the Boston Marathon bombing and how their message of positivity and hope can lift us up when we are low:

http://people.com/archive/cover-story-strength-courage-boston-bombing-survivors-vol-79-no-24/

Nathalie, you can climb over the temporary hurdles in your life and excel with your talents. Don't give up. Life is precious and we only have one life to live. Hang in there and many of us will wish you well and I will pray for you. Here is family for you in us on TT. We care about you and your well beings. Take good care. God bless. Hug.

Billie

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      I'm so glad you're still around. My heart sank when I first read that death post.

By now, you've already realized you did a horrible thing. But you probably haven't realized yet the extent. Shortly after you made that death post, I received a private message from a member -- a young girl like you -- telling me how worried and distraught she was. She's struggling with T and trying to be strong in spite of it, but the news of your suicide left her shaken and triggered.

@Nathalie, our actions affect more people than we think. Also, the TT community -- as wonderful and welcoming as it may be -- is full of suffering people, some of whom are already on the edge. It's cruel to play havoc with their emotions when they're already vulnerable to begin with, and when they've shown mostly support for what you're going through. I sincerely hope you already learned your lesson.

Having said that, I wish you'll be able to find the help you need. I'm rooting for you.

• Agree Agree x 10
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    19. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I believed the message, pleased you're not dead but gutted that I fell for it. Get help, we are all to some extent on this forum for positive thoughts and support, you aren't alone.

20. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      I am glad you're okay! Where are you from, is there any way to get some good psychological help?
      Also, be aware of the genuine fear you've given some people. I felt as bad as that time I read a suicide letter of someone with T. You can give the impression that this is the only way "out". Especially for hard or new sufferers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Hey we are all human...Just glad your OK. Try and get some help and please don't do anything silly. There is always another day. Remember the good times, the sun on your face, a happy bit of music.

Share your problems with your loved ones...don't ride this alone.

Wishing love and peace X

• Like Like x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    22. Amber
      Depressed

Amber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1999
      WORD!

I was the first one to suspect Nathalie's "suicide," and was right!

I hope all the best for you Nathalie though!

• Genius Genius x 1
    23. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Well done Sherlock!

• Like Like x 1
    24. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You're smart @Amber...

• Like Like x 1
    25. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      To be honest I thought it was glaringly obvious, but didn't want to go near it! It was a very difficult post to approach in a honest way, because let's face it, you could be wrong. How bad would that be.

I'm glad it's out in the open now though. Anyone who read it and feared the worst can be reassured, so I'm glad Nathalie faced up to her lie. Many people wouldn't, they would make the lie worse and dig a deeper hole for themselves. As long as a lesson has been learnt then I think we can all move on.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    26. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      Stay strong and keep fighting Nathalie.
      What happened to your leg?

27. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Glad you are still walking the earth with us Nathalie. I was really stressed out by a recent suicide attempt by a acquaintance on 11/30/16. This person was in the hospital for about a month and 1/2 recuperating. I hope you get your leg problems sorted out and whatever else is troubling you.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathalie
      Sad

Nathalie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had knee pain from exercise overload and it got really bad. I went to the ER and recklessly agreed to a painkiller ketoprofen injection in my right buttock. Since then my knees have been fine but my right leg is disabled, can't bend it properly, it has tremors and is shaking all the time, has neuropathic pain, paresthesia, numbness, muscle weakness, sensory and motor deficits. It is very stiff and not doing well at all. I hate myself for doing that stupid injection, I ruined my healthy leg and it is all my fault. Seems that my thinking capacity has greatly diminished. I feel so guilty and cannot cope. My legs were perfectly healthy before, now my poor leg is crippled thanks to my own foolish doing. I can't literally understand how I can be such a dimwitted idiot.

• Hug Hug x 3
    29. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sounds like it hit a nerve and you could do with some hydrotherapy etc...
      Im sure it will settle and needs good physio.
      I walked with crutches for years due to knee problems and operations and I never gave up and pushed myself...not used my crutches now for years and walk great...lots of love glynis

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    30. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      I'm sure it will get better too, just give it some rest for a while ;)