I'm Tired of the Ear Pain Discomfort

Discussion in 'Support' started by 1000, Sep 2, 2018.

1. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I don't know what's going on and if my ear will recover from the pain discomfort. The dull pain it's there. I haven't got the burning today for now but I still am feeling a cooling menthol sensation inside my ear.

I've been thinking a lot. I'm stuck and I don't want to continue this way. I don't want to sin against this body but the ear has been stealing my peace.

I can't stand this.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I don't know... I feel like ending.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Ears take forever to heal. Wait a year or two before you could be certain that this won't fade or go away...

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I'm trying I'm trying. I had a severe loud music trauma.....

I don't know why I feel this cooling sensation in the ear.... Then the dull pain and the burning... The burning has been a bit less today as I haven't done anything just sitting down.

Besides that the t that it's way intrusive in both ears but more in the left. I barely sleep using amitriptyline and melatonine.

I'm alone on this world, only my moms but she lives too far away from me and I haven't seen her for a year now.
      My aunts lives pretty much near to me but she was the one who made me go out that night... And shes always smokong week and loud, partying still.

I want to be back as normal without pain and weird symtoms with no t or at least 50% reduction.

Noneone knows when could all of us will reach a cure for tinnitus, there's a lot of progress but why it's easier to treat eyes issues than ears. It's taking too long for researches to find the cure of t. UM are on their trial UMich haven't started and they were supposed to start Early Fall...
      Frecuency Therapeutics are they mentioning t? It's t from the cochlea or from a nerve?

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      For what I'm living?
      Why I'm here?
      I love God, but my ear feels with the cooling menthol sensation. The t it's loud loud loud.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I even developed TMJD clicking sound on jaw and myofascial pain since the trauma.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      If I go before you guys, don't blame me.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Constant pain can be related to the fullness??

9. SignWithSilence
      Joyful

SignWithSilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/5/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concerts and Stress
      I had intense ear pain but it got better after I started antidepressants and benzos. Try to talk to someone and try to take walks outside if you can. Those helped me to get through the dark times.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Which antidepressant?
      I'm on amytrytipline

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      @SignWithSilence
      Benzo, which one? You still use them? Nowdays you dont feel constant pain?

12. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You may need an increase in medication @1000 Talk to your doctor about how you feel. See if you are able to get a referral to a Hearing Therapist/Audiologist for tinnitus and hyperacusis management.

Michael

13. SignWithSilence
      Joyful

SignWithSilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/5/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concerts and Stress
      SSRI called Seronil.

I used called Opamox (the drug itself is called Oxazepam).

My pain though was more stress related I think. I didn't feel much pain when I was shopping for example but when watching TV even on very low, talking, etc. I had a lot burning and stabbing pain in ears, face, jaw etc. After I started medication the stabbing pain ended in few weeks, and the burning became more rare.

Now that I started studying my life is mostly back to normal except I still have mild tinnitus and I can't hear as good as I used to. Everyday situations and outdoors tend be okay but restaurants and bars are almost impossible to hear in.

I had a lot of dark suicidal thoughts but once I started medication and working on them I got a lot better. Find someone to talk to. Don't underestimate the power of your mind. It can create intense pain when it is not working properly (literally in our case).

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Well said @SignWithSilence

A lot of people do not understand the effect that tinnitus can have on the mind especially when it becomes loud and intrusive. It is alright for those that have mild or moderate tinnitus for the majority of the time. Telling others you can fight it with will power. Medication and therapy such as counselling is unnecessary. These people have NO understanding of what loud intrusive can do to a person's mental and emotional well-being. Tinnitus is linked to our thoughts and cannot be separated from them. Therefore, stress makes tinnitus worse and tinnitus makes stress worse. If this is not kept in check, a person can easily find themselves spiralling down into a very dark place where they feel totally isolated and alone.

Michael

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. SignWithSilence
      Joyful

SignWithSilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/5/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concerts and Stress
      I cannot agree more. My pain and tinnitus started escalating because I lost all hope. In my worst state even in complete silence my ears were burning.

I used to be against antidepressants and benzos (I believe fixing your diet, exercise and having a meaning in your life are the best ways to combat depression) but after giving them a try I can say that they can help you get through the darkness so you actually have some willpower to live.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You fully understand the depths that tinnitus can take a person too. We have been there and come through to the other side. Those that refute the use of antidepressant medication, benzodiazepines, or any tinnitus therapy and treatment. I want to say one thing to them and this is based on my many years experience and corresponding with people with loud intrusive tinnitus: You haven't been there or know what loud sustained intrusive tinnitus can do to one's mental and emotional well-being. If you have ever been to the place where @SignWithSilence, I and people like @fishbone speak of then you would not say they things that you do.

Michael

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      @Michael Leigh i appreciate your recommendations and etc.... But please don't be mean... I'm not against you nor against thing's that can help. You are a nice person keep it that way.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      @SignWithSilence
      I just checked on the side effects of opamox.... Are you currently using it?

19. SignWithSilence
      Joyful

SignWithSilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/5/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concerts and Stress
      I use it rarely nowadays. I used it 2-3 times a day initially (I think the dose was quite low). At first I had hard time sleeping without it. Now I use it only if I feel very anxious.

• Like Like x 1
    20. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Hug Hug x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      My addiction and fight against the benzos was the TOUGHEST challenge I ever faced. I put trust in a medical professional that was clueless. Even as I sit and type with beyond intrusive tinnitus and close to -80 db hearing loss (4-8ks range), I'd take this any day over the HELL i faced with the benzos. Living with a complex matter like intrusive tinnitus is not an easy one. @Michael Leigh does have a valid point though, loud/intrusive tinnitus can indeed take us to spots that are very dark. I been there myself and I know how it feels.

I live my life (now) based on principals, that affliction is here. SO.....what am I going to do to help myself and move forward. I am always planning things to help me live a better life. These ears ring like hell, the hearing is beyond garbage. I still try to initiate conversations and try to be social. It's hard to do these things when your hearing is messed up, but that's my reality and I accept no defeat from ANY affliction.

I live my life without meds (I have body pain 24-7). I exercise 5 days a week and I do martial arts 4 days a week and I have a balanced/healthy diet. This is how I live my life, you folks do what works for you :)

PS-Meds are helpful for some folks and I am not saying that they are bad. I just don't like them and will never touch them...

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you for your valid input @fishbone You are amongst a selected few in this forum that I have immense respect for and not because you are a veteran to this condition like myself.

Take care and I wish you all the best
      Michael

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    24. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      Okay I saw this thread because I was searching for ear pain threads and hope the author is okay.

Alright, my tinnitus is gone, and hopefully for good. I'm still at a loss as to what that meant - were my little inner ear snail hairs just knocked around, staggered like Sylvester seeing Tweety Birds, then got their balance back?

But anyhoo, what's he's complaining about is dull ache that never goes away. Well, mine still runs deep, plus a weird element of numbness that comes and goes. I have an ENT appointment on 25th September, so I'll be sure to let ya'll know what he reckons the prognosis is on that. Note though, mine was caused by a single loud noise, but I'm not sure what the author's cause was.

25. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      I can confirm as someone already suffering from chronic pain that anxiety/stress/depression makes my pain worse. If you can, splurge a little on some self care. A good day can mean a lot.

26. AmericanJosh

AmericanJosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure while doing work on home
      I have a
      I have a dull ache in my ears too, feels like it's on the outer side of the drum. Not sure why it it started when I got t from a single event of about 20 minutes of 90 db or so work at home.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Your will calm dowm. Use magnesium.

28. AmericanJosh

AmericanJosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure while doing work on home
      Thanks - been taking that and lipo flavanoid daily.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Drink a lot of distilled or alkaline water 2 lits. daily.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Still not improvements for now... The constant pain....and fullness.

Any suggestion for medications?

Besides morphine...