I've Got Tinnitus from One of the Happiest Events I've Had in My Life

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vincent777, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Nausea92

Nausea92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      The positivity in this thread is very comforting. I wish you best of luck and hopefully your hearing will heal soon enough.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Vincent777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced after a rock concert where I played
      Thank you Nause92! Glad you find positive. :) Negativity is never the answer, I always try to see positive in everything. For example, I see this tinnitus obstacle in a positive light because now I have an excuse now to stay at home in silence and read books. The glass can always be half full if we want to. It was always half empty before and I was constanly miserable even when I had everything, I was always looking for the stuff I don't have and always observing myself through my faults, rather than my virtues.

How's your tinnitus doing if I may ask?

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Damn, I'm reading Billy Idol's Biography called Dancing With Myself and I wanted to hear certain songs while mentions them in the book so I've played Flesh for Fantasy on the quitest so I can just hear the voice, guitar and the snare drum but still as soon as I heard Steve Sevens's guitar it made my tinnitus a tad louder.... :\\\ Obviously my ears don't like that sound at the moment, I just hope I can listen to rock music again in the future without tinnitus going nuts. Definitely tinnitus seems reactive.

Feeling bummed out a bit... Long hair and rock'n'roll is what saved me in high school, now I'm losing both.

4. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      Hey, it will get better in time. it does for most people. Keep staying optimistic!

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, reading Billy Idol biography and being able to listen to his music while you listen is like being an ex-alcoholic in a pub.

I'm gonna read something else. :)

Thank you for the empathy bro! <3

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Could it be just my fear of tinnitus that's spiking it? I've just listened to Eyes Without The Face on a bellow normal volume and I had no problems but I wasn't paying attention to tinnitus.

7. Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Anxiety is the biggest trigger for increasing perception of tinnitus.
      If you can listen to some music and not paying attention of it already I would say you will have no problem becoming friends with it quite fast.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's awesome to know! Thanks you Andersson! :)

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Definitely was fear! I've listen to this on a little bellow average level and no changes in tinnitus what so ever! I'm so high on optimism and full of energy right now I'm jumping around my room while playing my guitar, unplugged though, while listening to this song. I've have to be just careful now not to listen to it too loud.

Billy Idol - Crank Call.

10. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      yeah buddy! thats how you fight tinnitus. and hey, if we're lucky, it may be over within a month or two!

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks man! I feel like it's already over for me. :D I just need to be patient and watch myself from spikes.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    13. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      Oh, good.
      My favs by him are electric gypsy, resolution, cry for you, a night to remember, and deliver us. His beatles album is good too: "Andy Timmons Band Plays Sgt. Pepper", I think it's called.

• Like Like x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well it's back... After taking a walk through the neighborhood which was completely silent due to the fact it's snowing outside. Got a bit impatient so I've tried finger thumping technique but it didn't help this time. Seems like ringing from the left ear is now stronger, usually it's the right one. Definitely different frequencies on the left and right ear. Right is way high but the left is lower, around 1595 hz, 1893 hz, 2363 hz, 2985 hz according to http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/. Also, the left feels like there's a bit pressure on the left one. Just a subjective feeling.

From 0 to 10 left is around 5 to 6 now. Right is around 2.5, but I can't hear it properly from the left one. That's kinda funny isn't it, one tinnitus outyelling the other.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gonna take 0.5 clonazepam to see if the T quiets a little from it. I keep getting high from clonazepam trying to quiet this damn tinnitus haha. Can't complain. :p

16. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      I went seeing movies and listened to my car stereo and home stereo quite loud to "test" my ears if they were okay right a few days following my accoustic trauma (firearms)

Needless to say they didn't pass the test and it made everything worse

Music sounded like coming from broken speakers

Sound quality is back to being close to normal but not as good as before - lacking range and depth
      T is a tad softer perhaps but not by much either

It gets better With time i would think - provided you protect your ears

Be patient we are talking months here

On a side note I too was a 3D artist back in the days, started 25 years ago when it was still new but very much in demand in a those days, Mostly on the modeling side wiht rendering and simple animations for industrial consumer products
      At least you don't have to be on the phone talking all day on your job that's a big plus

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Also, @Bobby B, I've put my ear muffs on for a less than a minute and I've got a feeling it went quieter when I've pulled them off from my ears.

Could be because it sounds louder with ear muffs on so when you put them off it sounds quieter. Maybe it's just subjective idk.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm sorry that happened to you... I see you have it since November, that's sh*tty... :\

Similar thing happen to me, I was ignorant and went out trying to ignore it but it got worse from car traffic and loud people.

Have you tried any treatments of therapies so far?

19. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I tried a bunch of things :
      Prednisone - a week . Did help with getting some Db back I think
      Nac and l-Carnitine . I am convinced that l Carnitine have me back some hf Db back as well .
      Nac and l-carnitine are powerful antioxidants and there are studies showing they protect the ear from sound damage - so even if those won't get a lot of Db back and remove t, at least they can help protect your ears
      My ENT have me a 3 months set of daily vitamin b12 and ATP - adenosine triphosphate

And LLLT - I bought a good unit of a powerful laser system designed for ear treatment I and believe it helps improving the sound quality and definetely cured my H .again we have studies showing improvent of hair cells in rats after noise trauma , nerve regeneration and also noted improvement in H in human tests using LLLT .
      I also tryed scopolamine patches but those only gave temporary improvements my t seemed louder after removing the patch so I'm not keen on such approach
      Melatonin helped me sleep at first but now I don't need it anymore
      I am not taking any anxiety or other medications either

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Interesting, thank you for sharing! @AnxiousJon recommended Bioflavonoid Complex with Hesperidin and Rutin so I've ordered that.

Sorry, what is Nac? I'm gonna try l-Carnitine def

21. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      5:58 am.

An update before I crash to bed

Been listening to a combo of couple of things:

Advanced Nerve and Cell Regeneration with...

sleep sound Hour of Relaxing Ocean (HD) White...

Tinnitus Masking noise / Tinnitus Remedy - 3...
      was listening to Brown noise.

And I'm took clonazepam 0.5 a couple of hours ago.

Clonazepam def works wonders for me, I've just placed ear muffs on my ears to hear the T better, looks like left ear went way quieter on 0 to 10 from 6 to around 2.7 and the right also went down from 2.5 to around 1.8. Not sure if it's just because I'm relaxed or what but I could easily fall asleep even without white nose and music mix. Downside is that I'm pretty drowsy and sluggish.

Good night everyone, or rather morning for me. I wish you all a calm and peaceful sleep.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    24. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hi @Vincent777 ,
      My one and only grandson is 7 year old Vincent so I had to read your story.
      When I found this forum, I expected to see a bunch of grandparents like me here. I was so surprised to find so many young people here dealing with tinnitus! The cause of my own sudden hearing loss and tinnitus is unknown but it seems like many younger people here can link their T directly to loud environments and/or headphones. I have taken this message to my children and younger friends and family members. I want them to be wary of headphone use especially.
      It is probably too early to know if your tinnitus is permanent or not. I hope you are able to find coping mechanisms in either case. Welcome to TinnitusTalk.

• Like Like x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you @Lorac. thanks you for reading my post, tell them to especially pay attention if they want to be musicians. :) I hope so too!

Update

Got up and myright ear T is so quiet I almost can't hear it over the sound of my computer ventilator. left ear with lower frequency is audiable however, around 2.5-2.8 I guess.

26. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      Hey dude, good to hear that your T is at a low volume. Just make sure you still be careful around loud noise, at least for awhile anyways. The same thing happened to me and I re-exposed myself too early and lets just say it was a bad mistake. Also, I was extremely sensitive to noise after I got T but over a couple months of listening to white noise throughout the day and such it gradually got much better. try the website MyNoise out, it has tons of customizable sounds to choose from.

Best/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you Bertman! Yes I will do my best.

Yes, ty, I've been using rain Noise Generator on it. :)

Let's hope it stays at this level but yesterday it was also very quiet when I got up but it got louder after I took a walk and washed my hair. I've even tried to lower it with playing the similar frequency of my tinnitus and doing the skull thumping technique but I think that just irritated it even more. Clonazepam definitely helped though.

I'm seeing doctor specialized in hearing, hopefully he can diagnose my tinnitus frequency and give me some good sound therapy.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So I'm back. I apologize for being absent, the Dr. that I went to said that if I keep noticing my tinnitus there's is a chance it will be chronic so I've did my best for the last month and a half to ignore it as much as possible so I was absent from the forums as well because I didn't want to think about it at all. I went to a doctor in January like I've mentioned and he told prescribed me bunch of vitamins, ginko biloba and NAC. He said that if I keep noticing my tinnitus there's is a chance it will be chronic so I've did my best for the last month and a half to ignore it as much as possible. It was good for a while, I wasn't paying attention to it but two months and ten days in I am still hearing it and a few days back I was told by the doctor that it doesn't go away, ever which started bothering me really bad. Today I was trying to find the source of hissing in my room, checking the appliances and the computer only to realize it's in my head...

I've bought custom ear plugs that were made for me from the impressions of my ear canals and Dr. advised me to use active ear muffs if I wanted to play with the band because they are supposedly good for blocking the higher levels of Db-s while it lets the normal sound in.

I am anxious that stress and further exposure to loud music and noise will make things worse for me so I've avoided clubs and cinemas ( because they are mental with sound levels in the cinemas in my country) as well as rock gigs and concerts.

It is hard for me to accept that this will be for the rest of my life and the idea is affecting me emotionally in a negative way again. I'm trying my best not to get into self-pity but it's quite hard, I feel helpless and out of control of my life. Nobody understands from my family and friends, how can they when they don't understand the problem, cannot empathize.

On a positive note, a friend of mine told me the tinnitus went away for him after ten years, which is enormous amount of time but at least it did go away eventually.

Any words of empathy would be good at the moment, I'm feel like I'm imprisoned in my own mind.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've spoke to some friends who are famous and semi famous musicians, and they don't have it and some of them played their whole life without ear protection. I've got it from one gig after 6 years, ONE f*cking gig is all it takes. I really feel life is a bit unfair at the moment, although I know better than not to compare myself to others which is a flaw in reasoning.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus: