Kenmist Newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kenmist, Feb 18, 2017.

1. kenmist
      Confused

kenmist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting firearms without proper hearing protection
      I am an 82 yr old with mild tinnitus. I'm not depressed or suicidal, but recent events have occurred that caused me to check out this condition. I have been told that this condition is not curable, but being curious about Tinnitus Terminator and a lover and listener of classical music decided to try this product. I am a retired scientist and have an open mind about things, so I will give this product a try and then report back on whether it is all that it is advertised as? I don't want to be biased, but the introduction to the product with several added inducements for the " 7 Day cure" as opposed to the 30 Day process suggests the Software group is looking for additional capital, but I will stick to my original plan of giving it a fair trial. If there is nothing gained after my trial, I will also check out the warranty process.
      L8R
      kenmist

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kenmist
      Confused

kenmist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An update to my intro...I found a scientific article on WebMd that suggested low audio tones can relieve tinnitus in some cases. No cure, but indications that the brain can be influenced to help tinnitus sufferers to get relief. Maybe the tinnitus terminator will provide further evidence of relief, still not a cure.

3. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi Kenmist and welcome.

It's fairly unlikely that you'll get much benefit from the tinnitus terminator product.

What they seem to have done is ripped off directly the Neuromonics treatment - probably a recording direct from one of the units. For that particular type of audio therapy to be able to work it needs to be tuned to the listeners tinnitus frequency and balanced to their hearing profile. As I understand the same set of sounds are downloaded by every person, without any personalisation.

You would have to be very lucky and fit the profile that the sounds were designed for and also be in the group that benefit from this type of treatment. There is probably no harm in trying but keep your eyes on the 30 days to get your money back.

The thing with any therapy for tinnitus is that there are a number of responders, nothing works across the board. If you respond to audio therapy then there a few things you can try out. We have quite a few resources around here but I can help out too - I make audio files based on treatment techniques that you can try out (they are also the best price available, being free).

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kenmist
      Confused

kenmist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I going to start the program March 1, but I'm not sure if the downloads are for use at once...download and listen or download, save on desktop and then listen again it two days or does it have to be downloaded every time?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kenmist
      Confused

kenmist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Finished the 31 day experiment (Month of March) and used the process for mild tinnitus with no noticeable improvement. I will now make an appointment with an audiologist to see if anything can be done to help my right ear which was becoming a problem. As an ex-researcher (textiles), I wanted to try this procedure for myself. It may work for others, but my experience was not a success. I loved the "Fine Section" because of the Classical music! I promised an unbiased report and this is the conclusion of my test.
      kenmist

• Like Like x 1
    6. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Fair play for giving it a go. There are other things you can try but I think that a visit to the audiologist is a good step, they can give you an up to date hearing profile and some advice specific to you.