Ketogenic Diet

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by valeri, Dec 2, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Has anyone had any noticeable improvement on this diet?

2. Hariz Nonis
      Sleepy

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      There's a user who has had this diet for a while and he said his T has gotten better

3. arctic loon
      Dreaming

arctic loon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music(?)
    4. mychellbell24

mychellbell24 Member

Ketosis is great for all sorts of things to improve your health long term. It is a struggle and very tedious to get your body into ketosis though. My doctor recommended this product to me and I am never looking back! Here's a video link too

Pruvit. Does The Product Cause Ketosis?

Get it here http://f72jy8.pruvitnow.com/

5. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Keto strips yes. Once you get used to it, even if you go in and out of Ketosis, you will know when you are back in again which takes 12 hours or so.

6. Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      I was on strict keto for more then 6 months (sub 20gram carbs per day)
      Did not effect my T at all, and actually made me worse overall.

We are all different in chemistry, keto does not work for everyone.
      My body works best on a normal diet.
      I know other people that got much much worse overall in their health and 1 almost fatal (she had a heart condition that doctors say was aggrivated by the diet (but yeah hard to prove)
      I also know people that love the lifestyle. So, yeah 50/50 I would say :D

It's not that hard to get your body into ketosis, the problem is if you cheat and put your body out of it you might experience things like the famous "keto flu"

There is no fact that keto lowers T. It's just something you need to try if you want.
      For some keto diet works in boosting someones overall health, which might help T.
      For some it makes you worse and in turn makes T worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      ketosis is just another fad, to make money for the latest fad proponent.
      to get into ketosis, you just don't eat for 12 hours. it does zero for tinnitus.
      personally, i have been going back to basics. the ancient Indian and Chinese medicines use chick pea sprouts.
      there is enormous research now being done on chick pea sprouts, but to prevent neuro degenerative disorders, cancers, diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol. for my money, i would rather go on a sprouted chick pea diet, which i KNOW is good for your health, and POSSIBLY might benefit your long term tinnitus. i have only been using sprouts for about a month now, and it is too soon to say, but overall, my tinnitus has been pretty much alright.

8. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I would disagree it is another fad. It has had a resurgence in recent years but has been around for almost 100 years. There is evidence that it can help people with epilepsy, diabetes among other conditions.

You don't need to special food for this. It doesn't necessarily cost more like eating vegan or gluten free. You can make it work with normal food you buy at the grocery store. You just have to be a little more creative in the kitchen.

I am not doing it for my T. Nothing works to get rid of T with regards to diet and/or supplements. You can't do things specifically for T and if you are looking to do this with food or supplements you will most likely be disappointed.

However, you can affect other areas with things you can control like your health, weight, blood pressure, etc whatever it may be. Keto diet just helps me in other ways and I like it's simplicity and how it makes me feel.

It's not for everyone, there is no one size fits all and we need to find what works for us. If sprouts work for you then that is great!

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/09/2013
      Who all here are trying this diet out?

10. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      AC/DC Concert
      Yes, it seems that when I try to diet too hard, my T spikes. -- I'm staying away from sugar and junk food which helps but going too extreme makes my head buzz even more.

That's me though. It may work for others. -- Unfortunately, T is like an untamed snake that is incredibly hard to figure out..

11. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I'm currently trying the fatogenic diet. Eating sauces, meat, candy and always finishing up with a (diet) coke.
      However I'm not getting much results. I plan on switching to the Atkins diet soon, that is eating any food I get my hands on except Atkins himself.

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. locoyeti
      Sunshine

locoyeti Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2014
      ive been on the ketogenic diet for the last 4 months. i can't say if it helps or not for t (probably a little), but it definitely has eliminated my moodiness and mood swings. the insulin rise and fall can be an emotional rollercoaster, so i am happy to avoid that - it's just a steady dose of ketones for my brain. having a stable mood allows me to deal with any occassional spikes much better. and the mental acuity (which is partially a result of having a steady emotional state) is quite amazing, i am so much more productive in life. i recommend trying it if you haven't already - at the very least you will see what carbs do to your brain and what they do when you eliminate them from your diet. it seems to differ from person to person- i have a very high functioning friend who is trying the diet and reports no real change at all.