Kinetic in Poland Claim They Reduce Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Mentos, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis then volume then viral infection
      I'm sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to hearing your report about this therapy. If they only treat
      ear tinnitus as opposed to head tinnitus, I presume they're only interested in new, acute cases. Good luck with HBOT!

2. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      There is a clinic in Montreal Canada that offers electrical cranial stimulation for Tinnitus. Has anyone on the forum ever tried it?

3. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Angela! That sounds like rTMS to me. There are quite a few people on TT that have tried it. @Melike is the last person I read who had the treatment, alas not successfully. However, she says she has friends who have been treated successfully with rTMS. It seems a bit hit or miss at this stage, unfortunately, though work is ongoing in an effort to perfect it's protocols.

The kind of electrical stimulation I was hoping Mentos was going to try is a bit different. It involves electrodes in the ear canal filled with saline and applying a mild electrical charge. Believe it or not, there is one paper attesting to its efficacy, but I don't know scientific the testing process was. Sounds a bit Frankenstein-ish, doesn't it? I wonder if Frankenstein's creation suffered from tinnitus, what with all those thunderbolts and electricity hitting his poor brain?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Melike
      Studious

Melike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      17 / 03 /2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably TMJD and neck issues that came with it.
      rTMS is a form of magnetic stimulation, so there should be a difference since it is 'electrical' stimulation. But, I am not sure how they differ, frankly.

5. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      What was your experience with rTMS? And how much relief did your friends get? Did it last?

6. Melike
      Studious

Melike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      17 / 03 /2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I experienced 2 days of near silence, %98, but it didn't last long.

Some of the people I know who had rTMS sessions, got %80-90 volume reduction. I had a conversation with one of them recently, he said he is having a hard time hearing it even if tries really hard. They also claim that they have met with people at the clinic whose T is completely gone after the treatment, but I haven't met one of them personally.

7. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Did your friends results last? And is it expensive?

8. Melike
      Studious

Melike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      17 / 03 /2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes. Not that expensive in Turkey.

9. Sonic17
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      I am considering going for this treatment in Montreal. It is just that they want you to stay there for three weeks, which is not so easy for me to do. Plus I am a little weary of it making my Tinnitus worse.

10. Sonic17
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      Was this at the Montreal Clinic? Does it make a difference how they got their Tinnitus as to whether the rTMS treatment worked for them or not?

11. Sonic17
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      @Melike Okay, I just noticed you were from Turkey, so I know you were not at the Montreal Clinic in Canada. Just ignore that question I posted to you.

12. Sonic17
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      Maybe this was his treatment for Tinnitus, kind of sounds the same as tRMS?

13. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
    14. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is a thread somewhere on TT dedicated to rTMS, which you could read, with links to some of the studies done to date. Melike also said that they told her that if the method worked on an individual, it generally became evident after a couple of sessions, though they like to conduct the full number of sessions. Maybe you could break it up. Three weeks is a long time to commit to. And probably pricey too!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. Nick07
      Balanced

Nick07 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possibly noise or unknown
      I wouldn't take it conclusively. The study was on mice not people, so there's no way of knowing conclusively whether their tinnitus worsened if the mice even had tinnitus. To be honest I have to wonder about studies I initially took at face value that involved mice having tinnitus. The guys at the Poland clinic apparently told someone on here raising serotonin levels reduces tinnitus and when he did he had his tinnitus reduced.

16. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I agree. I just wanted to post it because it may be applicable to humans and I wanted anyone considering this treatment to have as much information as possible, especially if one of the instructions being given for this particular treatment could, potentially, cause more damage.

17. Sonic17
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      @Fabrikat
      I will look for the thread on rTMS, thank you. Yes, the three weeks is a long time commitment, breaking it up would be better, I agree. If I knew someone in Montreal to stay with, it would be helpful, but unfortunately I do not know anyone there. The clinic offers rTMS, counselling, maskers for three weeks for just a little over $6, 000.00. I am not sure if the price of the maskers or hearing aids are included, but probably not seeing as hearing aids can be just as expensive as this. They do not use neuromonics, but something similar to this. I feel if it works it is well worth the cost. They do an initial consultation for about 850.00, perhaps after this consultation they would be able to determine whether or not u r a candidate for their therapy. I am seeing another EMT at the end of September, I will ask his opinion and go from there.

18. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Sonic17, keep us posted if you do end up going. Melike had her therapy over 12 days only and cost came in under $2000 US. If you ever wanted an excuse to go to Turkey for a holiday, that could be it. Sounds like it would be cheaper flying there than 21 days in Montreal, I suspect.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      A clinic in Harley Street in London offers rTMS for tinnitus as well as depression (it's NICE approved for depression/still experimental on tinnitus).

They say every report so far has indicated positive results.

I hear a few stories of it potentially making it worse.

Talking to a Professor on here, much work needs to be done on the protocols for it to become a standard treatment for tinnitus.

Please let us know how you get on, I considered the therapy in London myself, but it's probably big bucks for no guaranteed result.

20. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      I tried rTMS at Kinetic, it didn't do anything to my Tinnitus. But maybe there is a different protocol in London clinic?

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. Sonic17
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      @Fabrikat Yes, Fabrikat, i will keep you informed if I go. I am somewhat of a chicken though, so it will not be anytime soon. Although Turkey is less expensive (thank you for the information) it is WAY too far from home for me. Although I do hear it is beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Sonic17
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      @Paulmanlike
      Thank you for the information. Good to know it has had positive results, sounds promising.

23. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      These guys over at The Kinetic Center of audiology claim to have treatments for tinnitus, I'm skeptical and will be investigating this.

upload_2019-5-8_11-6-31.png

They also claim to have treatments for hidden hearing loss as well as other conditions like schizophrenia. We need to investigate this very shady company promising medical miracles.

upload_2019-5-8_11-5-58.png

They also make lots of typographical errors like myself. Discuss here what you think about their services.

• Like Like x 1
    24. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Yes, but it's a bunch of quacks using his theory for their own profit. Quacks will familiarize themselves with real science to make their quackery look genuine.

We need to be skeptical of this diet, exercise, all natural supplements = cure logic.

25. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      You luddite!

26. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      If they aren't injecting BDNF right into your ear then I'm calling BS on paying them for anything. If they know how diet and exercise can alleviate tinnitus then they need to just tell us.

27. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      It's a scam, period. They have not helped anyone here in Poland that I'm aware of. I hear only bad things about them.

Their "technology" is diet, rTMS (that we know isn't effective at all and also there's a risk involved as we have one horror story here on Tinnitus Talk, I can't remember the nickname) and ACRN (that is also not effective) that they rebranded as ARC. Really, it's bad.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    28. AVIYT
      Wishful

AVIYT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregabalin
      I have visited them recently as it's one of the few tinnitus options in Poland. I wouldn't say it's necessarily a scam, but no one can currently help as much as the next guy in this. I've been told I need hearing aids in both ears. It won't improve tinnitus, but it might prevent further hearing loss or a least make it more manageable.

Edit* oh.. didn't notice the bit about schizophrenia. That's laughable.

29. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Hearing aids aren't going to prevent further hearing loss.

What they can do is provide more external input to your ear so the tinnitus doesn't stand out as much. That is generally positive (I have experience with that).

In some cases, restoring of hearing via hearing aids makes the tinnitus reduce in volume (and even disappear if you are lucky), perhaps due to the reverse process that happens when we lose hearing. I am not lucky to be in this set, unfortunately.

If you do have hearing loss, I suggest you give hearing aids a try. There is little downside in trying.