Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Since March 10th, 2019; so 5 months.

My tinnitus varies, but this period of quietness is unprecedented. I've had almost zero tinnitus for 2 days now and mild the week before that.

What I'm experiencing directly supports Neuromod's graph showing a reduction of around 12 THI. My THI was around 25-30 and it's now down to about 10-15.

• Like Like x 17
      • Winner Winner x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I imagine because many tinnitus sufferers use white noise or something similar? Perhaps they thought this would just add to the relaxing experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I wonder if you're responding so quickly because you've started this relatively recently to your onset. What do you think?

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Good Question Good Question x 3
    4. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Hot damn, some great news right here. I'll be happy all Monday. :)

(Also: note the shift in the mood of the the thread. Remember that we were all doom and gloom just a few days ago and now it's all smiles and rainbows because early adopters posted favorable news? Not that I want to gloat but I called it :D)

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. drcross

drcross Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I wanted to chime in here since I heard about Redknight's update via Reddit. I'm slightly over 7 weeks since I got the Lenire device and I've heard a noticeable reduction in the tone amplitude of tinnitus.

I have missed about 4/5 days worth of treatment over the 7 weeks because my life schedule is what many would class as irregular, it's quite a commitment to use the device for an hour a day in total, especially since the music pattern repeats in the exact same way which can be quite tedious because I have to drop everything that I'm doing until it's finished. Some of you will balk at the previous sentence but you don't know my situation.

Some days my tinnitus is mostly gone and then surprisingly it comes back to its previous level. After a night's sleep it will reduce to a lower level again, and in totality my tinnitus is mostly improved. The relief that this brings actually makes you "recharged" enough to put up with tinnitus when it goes back to its previous level. Hope that makes sense.

Check my post history for previous Q&As about the product. I'll answer any questions you have if I can.

• Like x 13
      • Winner x 9
      • Informative x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Useful x 1
    6. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

I'd say you're probably right. They should realize it's not one size fits all though. I'm like you, white noise spikes me horribly. You'd think if they were optional sounds then they'd allow you to pick them up front.

Then again perhaps starting with all the sounds is part of the data they're gathering and could be useful in some way.

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      If you're that far in have you had it recalibrated yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. drcross

drcross Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Not yet, that's coming up soon.

9. Notch

Notch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/3/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dentist clean
      From Neuromod's Phase I study:

"The auditory stimulus was spectrally broad (wideband noise) and contained a high rate of temporal events (recording of rainfall) mixed with classical music (recordings of piano works by Erik Satie). The wideband sound stimulates a broad spectrum of auditory pathways while the music provides a focal point in the soundscape to aid the user maintain attention (29)."

They may have changed the sounds used since then though.

• Informative Informative x 3
    10. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      White noise is wide band sound FYI.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Is the cost for Lenire covered by medical benefits in Ireland?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. drcross

drcross Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      It's so new it's not covered on the medical card nor by private health insurance. It's only €2,000 EUR so who cares.

13. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      @drcross how long have you had tinnitus for and can you describe your pre-treatment tinnitus?

Couldn’t see this in your posts, apologies if I’ve missed it.

14. Ervink108

Ervink108 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics
      Hi drcross,

When did your tinnitus originally start? Do you have any measurable hearing loss?

15. Redknight

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is exactly how I feel and it makes the anecdotes from the trial participants start to make sense to me.

When they essentially say they are happier, but don't necessarily say that their tinnitus is quieter. Lenire gives me significant periods of rest from tinnitus. Sometimes that's genuine reduced loudness, sometimes it's just less buzzy or the tonality is more manageable. But also, when it goes back to baseline for a few hours, because I had to do a long drive or sit in a busy meeting, I cope better because I believe it will calm back down and I'm more rested from the previous calm.

• Like Like x 8
      • Informative Informative x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Allan1967

During your next visit maybe you can ask what’s Neuromod's opinion on reactive tinnitus?

• Good Question Good Question x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Sironketchup

Sironketchup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL / Stress / Covid?
      So happy to hear about your success guys! Maybe you can get cured if it helps so early on. The neuroplastic process should carry on even after the treatment.

Neuromod, hurry up with the appointments and get more clinics!

We just need to carry on for maybe a year!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    18. ruud1boy

ruud1boy Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 2006. Severe since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An enthusiastic youth
      I asked when I went for my 'fitting' whether there were any options on the sounds that the machine would present - they said there were none. It would be extremely useful for a later iteration of the device - if it gets that far - to have a couple of user selectable sound patterns to choose from. We know they're watching these threads, so there you go Neuromod - add that to the list.

• Like Like x 1
    19. TibuJenkins

TibuJenkins Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal with suction by ENT
      I saw your post in the User Experiences thread. Just wanted to let you know that you've made someone's day half way across the world a lot better. I am in a very similar position to yourself as my tinnitus started in December 2018 because of a botched micro-suction at my ENT. 2020 or 2021 is looking to be a great year for those of us outside of Ireland/Europe.

Could you tell a little bit more about your routine for treatment? Do you space it out across morning/evening? What do you do while having the treatment?

Thanks a bunch and I hope you come out of this completely cured!

• Agree Agree x 3
    20. newbieT

newbieT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Good to hear these great feedback!!

I actually came across this news article today about a neuromodulation device available in Canada, and I was like omg they approved Lenire here?? (I'm from Canada).

Turns out it's a different device aimed at traumatic brain injury but same concept at trying to rewire the brain through neuroplasticity. Looks like other fields have also taken to this type of device for research and treatment!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/video-calgary-clinic-using-new-device-for-neural-therapy/

• Informative Informative x 4
    21. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @Redknight

Did you have noise trauma or too much noise exposure? What's the cause of your tinnitus?

22. Redknight

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You ask an interesting question, which potentially could affect treatment in my opinion.

I do 2 X 30 mins sessions a day. The first at 12:00ish (I only ever vary the time by about 30 mins; no more) and the second at 21:00 (again, I try and not vary the time of treatment, as per Neuromod's instructions).

I try my best to do nothing during the treatment, but it's very hard, given that it's ridiculously tedious. I often reach for my phone to check this thread or end up on Facebook. I'd say I successfully ignore my phone and do nothing for about half of each session if I'm honest.

23. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      Heh, let's hope it's December or before.

I've actually called Neuromod a few days ago, apparently they *are* currently speaking with the FDA for US approval. If they can truly get it in 2019 that would be great. At least that was what Ross O'Neill said they were going for.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    24. Pianist_Will

Pianist_Will Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly medication
      Have we got any idea when Lenire might be coming to London?

I seem to remember a previous post somewhere from a while ago suggesting Neuromod might be linking up with The Tinnitus Clinic to provide Lenire?

If so, let's hope they stick to the same price structure they have for Ireland! The Tinnitus Clinic has crazy prices for their other 'treatments'.

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I'm concerned about the 4 visit protocol. The US is such a geographically large country and these clinics will likely only be in a few cities to begin with. Having to take four $1000 plane trips + travel expenses isn't much better than going to Ireland.

26. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I'm a Canadian/US Citizen who lives next to NY (I'm in Ontario, 5 minutes from the border), I think in my situation I'm safe since NY state is in the heart of the US. If you're out in the Midwest though I can definitely see your point, and I'd have to agree flying across country ain't much better.

The US is Neuromod's largest market, and thus it's their largest target for approval. I think in a reasonable amount of time many clinics across America will have it.

27. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      No customs to worry about though which are a drag in general :)

28. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Let's just say that from my state driving to New York would literally be an impossibility.

29. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    30. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Some said it will be the Tinnitus Treatment Centre, not the Tinnitus Clinic. It would be good to know.