Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Padraigh Griffin

Padraigh Griffin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      Hi, are you saying the new settings in Lenire have helped you? Delighted for you if they did. I’m considering Lenire or anything really. I don’t have much fight left in me.

2. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Sounds promising.

What program change do you mean exactly?

3. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      • Like Like x 1
    4. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      I am going to play Judy Collin's "Send In The Clowns."

I really will have to see if my Audiologist acquires this.

My ENT Doctor is rigorously scientific, and if he approves of this he had better have a convincing explanation (especially if the cost will be over $3,000.00.)

5. DaveFromChicago

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      There once was the treatment Lenire
      Touted to silence the ear;
      They said it was cheery,
      But we became leery
      When failures were posted on here.

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Gb3

Gb3 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Haven’t some people posted Lenire helped them?

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      I honestly would like to try this. I know it's not great, but I'd be happy with even 10% improvement. That should get me out of the gutter at least.

• Agree Agree x 4
    8. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Toby1972 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      I made a comprehensive overview of the user experiences before I spent €2750 EUR on the device.

I'm still very skeptical about Lenire. In general, quite a few experience general improvements in tinnitus suffering, the few marked in green are probably those in which tinnitus would have improved anyway.

You can read my own experiences in the Lenire User Experiences thread.

tt lenire.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Toby1972, "Better? Doesn't know, psychotic???"

1. I think Lenire worked for me up to a point, but then it stopped.
      2. Um... I'm not nervous or offended or anything... But why "psychotic???" I'm just interested. I sound like a psychotic person?

• Funny Funny x 2
    10. Paul1980

Paul1980 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, prescription drugs
      Thank you for this chart, @Toby1972. I am sorry Lenire didn't work for you. Can you not make an actual determination of the results, or more categories, like tinnitus reduction, "yes or no", or how much? Symptoms improved "yes or no" or which ones?

For Krolo you have "better, high tones, ???" I don't know for sure what Krolo or you mean exactly, but I read his posts, and my interpretation was while his tinnitus is still there, his life improved, and Lenire was worth it.

Liz Windsor - "did nothing for short time," which is in red color. What does red mean? Her comments clearly state she thought it was worth it. Again, I don't think her tinnitus is gone, but other symptoms improved, especially sleep.

Again, thanks for this, it gets me thinking, and maybe I will do my own chart. Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    11. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Toby1972 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      @KotaDomowa, sorry I overlooked it. I did not want to offend you, really.

You posted so much besides tinnitus, with questions to yourself and that "I have a great tendency to OCD" etc.

To be honest, I understand everything, but probably some issues are too high for my mind :)

I thought maybe other issues than Lenire may influence your tinnitus. Sorry, difficult to explain.

@Paul1980, sorry I won't spend more time with the chart, Lenire is history for me. It was just a quick listing...

12. MadsWithT
      No Mood

MadsWithT Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      See bio
      @Toby1972, good effort with the charts. I did actually write in the user experience thread that my tinnitus got drastically worse due to this “treatment”. What I wrote at that time is probably a bit incoherent due to the great stress and life changing effect of the unmaskable tinnitus I got from using Lenire for just a few days. I did not anticipate this outcome at all, but can only blame myself as I did not do a thorough due diligence as I should have done.

In my now better informed opinion, this fancy named treatment is worse than a scam.

Bimodal Neurostimulation is not only a failed experiment, it is a disingenuous method to soak up money from the massive tinnitus market, only now it is marketed as a habituation device. I also believe that other similar devices currently being developed, will be shown just as unsatisfactory.

As a bourse speculator I guess you are very well informed about the wide range of cognitive biases that can affect decision making. On this site, confirmation bias is especially prevalent. I fell in that same trap as most people do. My view now is that tinnitus will not be solved for a very long time, if not never. I’ve furthermore come to terms with the fact that I must hear loud tinnitus for the rest of my life and it is foolish to spend time scouring the internet for a silver bullet, like so many people do. If a real working cure for tinnitus ever comes, everyone will know anyhow.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      OK I understand. I didn't feel offended, I was just surprised :)

Speaking of my mental health (I will refer to it because it may be important in the context of Lenire), in the first year of my illness, I visited a psychiatrist - like many of us. He did not diagnose any mental illnesses in me. The term "OCD" is a self-adhesive label.

Yes, I am more likely to be anxious about tinnitus if it's louder. This anxiety manifests itself through numerous questions about the cure. Aside from this item, I have no problems that can be called mental health problems.

In my case, tinnitus is quieter more often, and I (that's an obvious effect) don't panic as much anymore since I take Decola supplements.

Quote about Decola (@DebInAustralia):

"Cerinax (so called "psychobiotics", they improve the relationship between your intestines and your brain) - MB Adapt (MB stands for Mood Balance, so it should knock out stress - it contains among other things magnesium and vitamine B6) - LG-support (natural resistance, detox) "

14. MadsWithT
      No Mood

MadsWithT Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      See bio
      I think it is prudent to be aware of several things going on with Lenire users. For instance, the list of Lenire users and the results is somewhat dubious considering that an individual who is listed as “better” in the “got better?” column just recently posted a suicidal sort of note.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    15. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
    16. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
    17. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Wish the news felt more exciting.

18. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      I know right. They might actually review it, unlike a lot of things they've "approved" recently...

• Like Like x 1
    19. DaveFromChicago

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      My God!

Oak Brook, IL (the new American Headquarters for Lenire) is slightly less than 11 miles from where I am.

I'm really not surprised; the suburb has a State-of-the-Art Office District with all sorts of hip, start-up firms.

I had to take an Exam there for Insurance Licensing in a Testing Center that resembled the set from a Ridley Scott Sci-Fi movie.

The outlying Oak Brook residential area is out-of-sight-wealthy, consisting of enormous, woodsy, recessed-from-the-road designer mansions.

I cannot believe that whatever review panel the FDA employs will not ask, "What exactly is a Tinnitus Handicap Index, and what actually occurs when you claim a reduction? How is this any different from a pure placebo result"?

That's what I have been requiring an answer to ever since they started their Website.

Several years ago my Audiology Group distributed SoundCure (who are no longer in business), and they were compelled to stop it when 4 patients said it was not only useless but an irritant.

If they agree to distribute Lenire, I may E-mail them a short report (without mentioning names or any other identity information) on Tinnitus Talk User Experiences.

• Like Like x 2
    20. antonio77

antonio77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I stopped following this thread due to Lenire's negative or inconclusive experiences, but it seems to work, so what happened?

21. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I think that where it did work, it was in such a vague and amorphous sort of way that it was very hard to make a strong endorsement of the treatment.

For me I think it worked a little in that vague sort of way, but not enough that I would swear that it did. With the high price, the large time commitment, and the level of disappointment that many felt I think the community sort of soured on it.

That said, if someone asked me if they should try it, I'd say if you have the money and access (not have to fly around the world) it is worth a shot.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    22. antonio77

antonio77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you very much for your answers, AfroSnowman. You are very kind.

• Like Like x 1
    23. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      I’ve been struggling with severe tinnitus for two years, unmaskable...

I will try Lenire since it is 30 minutes from me... I never thought about Oakbrook as you do, it was just another mall area... lol. Maybe Lenire is coming to the Chicago area because people are foolish enough to pay the exorbitant taxes, so we will also pay $3k for a fancy stimulation machine?

More likely it’s because Illinois has some of the worst oversight of medical “professionals” in America. Complaints about a doctor? Fill out an online form, lol.
      Worse... ”technicians” are not accountable at all. But I digress...

If I sound a bit bitter... guilty... but I’ll try anything to make this tinnitus better... all because of 20 minutes in an MRI machine with a technician high as a kite... shame on me for being trustful.

Susan Shore? Yeah, that’s the one I wanted to try, but somehow if you are 101 miles away from Michigan you are excluded... 100 miles is ok, but any farther... no soup for you!

I hope others are coping better than I. Good luck to all...

• Hug Hug x 2
    24. Gb3

Gb3 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Shore’s device is close to commercialization.

25. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'll believe it when I see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    26. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Tell me something @GlennS, do you just, spin a bottle in a circle of two halves, and see where it lands, in order to decide what you believe in and what you don't?

@GlennS on legitimate engineer distributing his own version of neuromodulation for zero profit:

GlavidS.PNG

VERDICT: BAD

@GlennS on experimental vaccines that have killed and maimed thousands and have no long-term health data:

GlaccineS.PNG

VERDICT: GOOD

@GlennS on one of the most promising drugs for hearing regeneration we've seen so far:

GlennFX.PNG

VERDICT: BAD

@GlennS on aliens flying around Earth for no apparent reason:

GlalienS.PNG

GlalienS2.PNG

VERDICT: GOOD

I mean, I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but, I think the sister might have got all the smart genes.

• Funny Funny x 3
    27. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Ok @GlennS, I will grant you that your pessimism towards treatments has proven correct 100% of the time.

My question is what treatment option going into the future do you feel the least negative about?

• Like Like x 2
    28. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      There is still promise to both neuromodulation and tissue regeneration but no particular treatment is at the point where I feel like we're about to reach a major inflection point. Not saying that won't happen, just that it isn't there yet.

I'm hoping COVID-19 ending (for those who are vaccinated) causes Susan Shore to stop using it as an excuse and execute so we can see whether that (like Lenire) is fool's gold or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Gb3

Gb3 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Did you not see the latest news as to Dr. Shore's device?

30. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      Is “close” defined... in years, or in decades... centuries?

• Funny Funny x 1