Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Stayinghopeful
      Procrastinating

Stayinghopeful Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened with COVID-19 / Anesthesia
      Would you prefer “tinnitus battle” or “tinnitus struggle” over “journey”?

It literally is a journey to a place of habituation or peace with the noise eventually.

• Agree Agree x 6
    2. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hello Tinnitus Talk,

I haven't been on here in a while. Last I posted I was doing much better, thanks to a little Lenire use plus a healthy lifestyle. And by doing much better I mean quiet tinnitus, not habituation.

If you all recall, I was "brave" enough to go with Otonomy's OTO-313 trial, which went horribly wrong for me as I'm sure those who are familiar with me remember. The idea of it targeting Glutamate was right, but I think that whatever was in the injection was all wrong, so for me it made tinnitus much worse. I didn't mention it, but I would occasionally have visual snow syndrome symptoms back then, but never for long.

A few weeks ago, I got full on Visual Snow Syndrome (VSS) and, along with it, my tinnitus went insane, super loud. I also had high electrical nerve pain feeling all over my body, especially my neck. I hadn't touched Lenire since 2020 until then, but when I started it again, boy did it really drive the tinnitus back for me. I mean it went from like a 10 to a 2, as well as helped with that painful electrical nerve pain focusing on my neck. So Lenire worked wonders for me this time around, and I still use it when my tinnitus gets bad. And I mean like the same day I use it, as soon as I'm done with it, my tinnitus is better, and I can feel the change as I use it. Maybe I'm a super responder but it has been helping me like this near daily since I got VSS.

But now I have a question, has anyone heard of Lenire helping visual snow? I recall @kelpiemsp said the Minnesota device helped with his VSS. Have there been any other similar reports?

• Like x 10
      • Helpful x 4
      • Hug x 2
      • Informative x 2
      • Funny x 1
    3. gameover

gameover Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      Well, that seems to be the first definitive report in favor of Lenire here?

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      This nonetheless does not change the fact that, after spending $6,000.00 on that useless Desyncra, if my wife learned that I dropped another $4,000.00+ on what has been for the great majority of posters no more than a Toys"R"Us gizmo, she just might impale my Jugular Vein with a steak knife.

• Funny Funny x 7
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Awesome!!! That was the dream of how this was going to work for us all. Congrats at finally finding something to offer real relief.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    6. Eric N

Eric N Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012, 03/2016, 05/2017, 05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + 3 major increases via (shouting / MRI/ flu+Tylenol)
      Has anyone been able to get Lenire in USA yet?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    7. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      "on your road to recovery" is what they should be saying.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Not here to sell Lenire. Just stating the fact it works for my tinnitus, and wondering if it's worked for anyone's VSS.

• Like x 1
      • Agree x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Funny x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    9. ErikaS

ErikaS Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection/Ultra High Frequency SSHL in Right Ear
      Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy something like this works for you! Did you present with reactive tinnitus while using Lenire, or has your tinnitus been more constant and not sensitive to sounds in your environment?

• Like Like x 2
    10. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Seems to be the case. The success rate is not looking too impressive though. But I think there are some people earlier in this thread who had benefits too.

• Informative Informative x 1
    11. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My tinnitus had already been better for sometime after using Lenire, combined with healthy lifestyle and tincture of time starting back in 2020.

Mine used to be reactive to fan type sounds and airplanes. I live near an airport so the planes were always super loud and often, each time one would pass by, the tinnitus would ramp up along with it.

It only spiked insane loud, like how it used to be, when I got visual snow a few weeks ago. Lenire quickly destroyed the tinnitus for me though when it came back this time around. I still have it but fairly quiet, as it had been before the visual snow.

I've still been using Lenire while stretching my eyes and doing eye workouts to try to get it to treat the visual snow. I think it actually has been somewhat helping, but probably won't be very noticeable until some time. I will update if it actually does anything of significance for the VSS. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. Johannes9090

Johannes9090 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sound trauma
      @ChrisBoyMonkey, I have had tinnitus since 2008 after a noise trauma. After that I got floaters and VSS. I live in Germany. If Lenire works for your VSS, maybe I will get the device too :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    13. ErikaS

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope you get some relief from VSS.

When you used Lenire the first time around, did that seem to help reduce the reactivity or did the reactivity go away before you used Lenire for the first time?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HiFrq ~2000, Increased 2022, LoFrq ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise - clubs, stereos, cycles, headphones, engines,etc
      For sure. You would expect at least some success stories due to the placebo effect. I had read that in antidepressant studies, 30% to 40% of people on the placebo would report an improvement, for example.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    15. jmasterj
      No Mood

jmasterj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic?
      I just thought I'd jump in and say that is interesting that Neuromod have US approval for Lenire now. I have been away from the thread for a few years. I was one of the early users who went from the US to get it in Europe.

I got the device and then was unable to return to Ireland for the follow up appointments due to the pandemic. I continued to use the device until the tongue tip died. I reached out about the tongue tip and as I knew, they were unable to send it to the US at the time. That was a chance I took and not on Lenire.

I think the frustrating part is that they never reached out to check on the treatment after the first visit. I have never heard a word from them and technically they still owe me two visits. I know the pandemic was a tough one for everyone, but I feel a bit like they got my money and just quit caring. I didn't know anything about US approval until I checked the thread here.

The device didn't do anything for me with the settings I had. Certainly there is a chance that with a different program I may have different results. I am just not sure that it is worth the time and money to continue for me personally, even if available in the US.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    16. Lon_p

Lon_p Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I bought Lenire from a clinic in Minnesota beginning of May. I used it for one week. It has not been a good experience. It raised my tinnitus and gave me headaches. My audiologist recommended me to postpone the treatment.

• Informative Informative x 7
    17. ErikaS

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am so sorry that was the case for you. What is the profile of your tinnitus? Single tone/sound, multi-tone/sound, reactive, any hyperacusis?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    18. Lon_p

Lon_p Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My tinnitus is multi-tone, high pitch. I believe my audiologist said she thought there was some hyperacusis as well.

19. gameover

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      So much for FDA and safety...

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am so sorry that you gave your hard money to this deceptive company.

It does not surprise me at all that they ignored you after you paid.

Thanks for reporting - hopefully it will dissuade others from enriching these charlatans.

Do not lose any sleep over the tongue tip - there is no good evidence Lenire does anything useful at all.
      Return it to them. Put it back in the box and tell them you want a refund.

• Agree Agree x 5
    21. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Guys, wait for Dr. Shore’s device! Don’t spend your money on Lenire! It’s absolutely a scam.

If you want feedback on Lenire’s efficacy, contact Bra3in clinic in Belgium and ask for their experience with their patients... You will be surprised!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    22. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      Lenire is pretty much a SCAM. If you are new to Tinnitus Talk, read this whole thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
    23. ErikaS

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I completely agree, @EDDTEKK. I am happy for the very few Lenire has helped, everyone deserves relief and improvement, but it has worsened more people than it has helped, and therefore should not be given any money.

Thank God we have Susan Shore to provide something that will be much, much more beneficial to many. Could you imagine if Lenire was all we had? Grateful that is not the case.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am an atheist but I might just start to believe in a God if Dr. Shore's device proves to be as effective as we all hope.

If it's turns out to be a Lenire MkII - my atheism will be confirmed.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    25. ErikaS

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well here’s to hoping we can make a believer out of you. :angelic:

• Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    26. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Amen to that.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. @dam

@dam Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely noise
      That would be a disservice to the billions of humans throughout history that suffered with this condition.

28. Jonno02
      Frustrated

Jonno02 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2012. Worsened 2022.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Primarily loud music. Secondary - ETD + TMJ
      I’ll thank Susan Shore.

If a God does exist, I hold nothing but contempt for them for creating this condition.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    29. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There ain't no God.

I think tinnitus is as good a reason for not accepting that humans are designed by a God as one could find. The brain is feeding back false noises - like some stupid feedback loop. A designer God would have accounted for damaged audio receptors - inner ear inflammation etc such that sound may be lost across some frequencies - but that these lost sounds are not replaced with noise. It is an unfortunate result of the evolved brain. Biological organisms are by no means perfect. The fact hospitals are always full is evidence of that.

I was being funny when I said I will become a believer. Credit will be due to Dr. Shore of course.

Having said that - I have very little confidence that Dr. Shore's device will work as is hoped.

• Like Like x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    30. gameover

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      I had a similar thought. What a lousy creator made us. Amateur. Beyond inept and incompetent. I can forgive many deficiencies in our design, nobody's perfect, but not tinnitus and hyperacusis. Really the most glaring proof that a bumbling hack designed us. So maybe it was imperfect evolution after all...

• Winner Winner x 1