Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Ear Drummer
      Heartbroken

Ear Drummer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2003
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drummer/Lack of REM sleep/Bruxism|TMJ(?)
      @Candy I know the story is plausible but it just seems odd.

2. Ear Drummer
      Heartbroken

Ear Drummer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2003
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Clearance

Perhaps your story is the truth and perhaps you are not being cruel but perhaps you do have something to gain from it?

Yes, I know that we as humans tend to block out the bad times we have had but if your tinnitus was as bad as you say in your first post I don't think that you would ever forget how terrible it can be and that you would take most reasonable precautions to protect your hearing after finding peace again.

Yes, you could go out and enjoy life again within reason and not avoid it and presumably with the wisdom of what noise exposure and everyday noisy life can do... We all make mistakes but having to be treated for tinnitus three times (when some have no opportunity for treatment even once) for forgetting to protect yourself repeatedly seems ridiculous.

3. Ear Drummer
      Heartbroken

Ear Drummer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2003
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Flyingsheep

I know, and I understand, I also repeatedly do not protect my ears as is often enough, just something about Clearance's sudden appearance and story and the information didn't seem to line up for me is all. I try to take things with a grain of salt.

4. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. ThomasW

ThomasW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2019(nearly gone)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Hi! I am from Ireland and I live near this building. I have mild tinnitus so I don't think I'll be accepted. By their 1-10 score I was a 1, maybe a 1.5.

I don't think it's good for everyone to get their hopes up about being accepted but if anyone has any questions about the location of the Hermitage I'll be happy to answer.

It's very easy to get to and from Dublin Airport.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Allan1967
      Can you share what Neuromod tells/asks you, please?

I mean when they call you.

In general: can you all, who signed up in the first hour, do that?

My English is poor. If I know what to expect, I will prepare the answers and the conversation will take place without any major problems.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Carltonr

Carltonr Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo tapering
      Hi Clearance,

I believe in your story/experience postings. I would like to ask you not to be distracted by some comments/skepticism/accusation-in-disguise etc after your early postings.

I do believe our forum will benefit by a member with your unique Journey-of-Tinnitus to continue move forward for improvement and toward a cure.

If you are already pissed and decide to minimize your Tinnitus Talk posting, would you please sign up to the 'User Experience Group - Lenire Device (UEG-L)'.

The link is in the first page banner of the thread, so you can provide the progress of your Journey (upcoming Lenire treatment).

Your progress/future experience will be carried by UEG-L which Markku (our great founder) will properly dispose the information.

Your continuing posting in Tinnitus Talk is strongly urged.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    8. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I highly doubt they'd turn you away for having mild tinnitus. They'd just be robbing themselves of €2.5k pounds.

First and foremost, they want to make sales. If you have tinnitus, they want to sell you their device.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      Maybe the tinnitus wasn't so severe. I had a moderate bout of tinnitus that lasted more than 2 years and then became mild. And I did @Clearance's mistake (but with earplugs).

Now mine is severe and I think I will never take a risk again if my tinnitus gets better. But who knows, our mind is so complex and strange.

10. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      For the clinical trials minimum tinnitus loudness accepted was 20 dB, so I suspect (speculation only) they might reject if anyone reported 10 dB in their questionnaire.

My MML is 20 dB, tinnitus loudness itself is around 10-15 dB, I declared my tinnitus as 20 dB in order not to be rejected.

11. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Is anyone else skeptical that, outside Neuromod, we may not be getting the same “text book” service?

These people are professionals and I’m sure they will do their best to make this a success story.

On the other hand, once this rolls out I’m worried of possible “who cares if it works or not as long as we make money”!

By no means I think every audiology clinic is bad but I believe this is a valid concern considering how audiology/tinnitus market has worked so far.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. Annpann

Annpann Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I wonder if anyone has been accepted for an appointment yet?

13. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not yet, in the automatic reply they said it could be up to two weeks before they contact you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    14. aHuman

aHuman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock ´n Roll
      So sorry to hear that. It may have been a coincidence. Hoping you have a better experience next time.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    15. GamesB2
      No Mood

GamesB2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      uknown
      @Clearance

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

I don't know why this story doesn't seem believable. I too start blocking out the memories of the bad nights after a good week or two.

When my original tinnitus went away I started pushing the bounds bit by bit as I felt I could enjoy things again and it was a short time before I was long past caring about it, until it came back of course.

It's really normal and easy to block it out once it's not bothering you anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    16. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Will do.

• Like Like x 2
    17. Shelly75

Shelly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I believe @Clearance’s story is totally true. I know lots of people who’ve recovered from tinnitus and now go to concerts etc. without ear protection. Once tinnitus is gone, normal life quickly resumes. Why would she make such a story up?

• Agree Agree x 5
    18. Hazel
      Dreaming

Hazel Director Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one-sided hearing loss (of unknown origin)
      Hi all, quick update: We already got 57 people signed up to our User Experience Group. That's a lot more than we anticipated! (Although not everyone filled in the survey completely, so we may have to exclude a few.)

Through this group, we hope to collect some structured feedback on their user experiences, which will make it easier for the rest of you to get some insight - rather than just reading a lot of rambling user stories in this thread ;)

If you plan to start using Lenire soon and want to report back to the community about your experience through us, you can sign up here.

Over the next few weeks, we'll try to come up with a structure/format for user experience reporting.

• Like Like x 17
      • Winner Winner x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    19. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Wow, that's awesome!

I thought only about 10 people or less on Tinnitus Talk were going to go for the device straight away. I am keeping everything crossed for good luck and I hope many will come and report great results in some months.

• Like Like x 2
    20. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I received the same email.

For how long did you have tinnitus until it went away for the first time?

I have the same problem, I wonder how in the hell they will understand me if they speak with me on a telephone call... lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      3556D911-3CD3-45FC-BDB4-27876A5A1315.gif

• Funny Funny x 13
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. Skinjob
      Batty

Skinjob Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Early 90s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bowie, The Chameleons, etc.
      Actually, they said at least 14 days. I don't expect any sort of reply to my assessment questionnaire until 21 June at the earliest. Since real life is keeping me so busy, I'm not exactly on pins and needles waiting. It may take me more time to get my passport in order than it takes them to be ready to see me.

23. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How hilarious would it be if you published your outcome user data in a peer-reviewed journal before Neuromod managed to do it.

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      You did it on the 5th of June then right? The deadline would the 18th of June. Not too long until you guys get in! I wish you all the best luck when you go!

25. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
      Where did you found that it wouldn't work for people with hearing loss? Are you talking about the ability to hear through the headphones or the hearing loss as the cause of the tinnitus?

26. GamesB2
      No Mood

GamesB2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      uknown
      Probably about 1-2 years bad and 3 years mild? It's been so long I barely remember.

• Like Like x 1
    27. spedgas
      Scared

spedgas Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for finding a way to organize the rush of data this forum is sure to receive as soon as the device is in the wild. I appreciate your efforts to keep it organized. Just another reason this forum and its leadership is great.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    28. Bob90
      Busy

Bob90 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overexposure to loud music
      It's possible some clinics in other countries will want to run this way but I honestly don't think they'll need to.

Enough people, as evidenced in this thread, and myself included will make mistakes, get tinnitus again, and be back to pay again.

Even without mistakes, any of us could be cured or relieved but then age kills off more hairs, bringing the tinnitus back again (until the treatments are out for that).

Honestly it's probably a pretty sustainable business even without being shady.

All that and I hope Neuromod will maybe be able to have some kind of oversight/auditing process.

• Like Like x 1
    29. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I thought that the age related hearing loss type doesn't cause tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    30. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I think regenerative medicine will be ready for NIHL or Age-Related hearing loss by the 2020s.

I don’t think we will have that concern.