Let's Be Friends!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CaptainBeefheart, Dec 8, 2015.

1. CaptainBeefheart
      Pooptoast

CaptainBeefheart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      As far back as I can remember
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      WHO KNOWS?
      Hey everyone! Just made my profile today and I feel like there's so much to say but I'm going to try to keep it short and simple. I'm a dude from Brooklyn NY and I've had tinnitus my entire life. I have it all. Buzzing, rumbling, vibrating ,multiple high pitched tones, you name it, I've got it. I've always dealt with it very well, however, I take no credit for it. Since I was introduced to T at such a young age, I accepted it as something natural and it just never bothered me. I was even a touring musician in two bands up until a few months ago. It all changed when my T started to react to sound. I'm now much less able to deal with it than I was in the past. I don't play or even listen to music at all anymore but I'm hoping that will change. Ahh! I was trying to avoid getting into a whole negative sob story but it happened, and there it is! haha :p. Basically, the reason I'm here is because I had a hard day today and a very hard few months and I realized that I need you guys. I need to have conversations with fellow T sufferin' comrades, be it about tinnitus, or the Mets game. I don't watch sports though so I don't know anything about the Mets BUT I CAN TRY! :rockingbanana: And I'm here for anyone that needs anything from me. Although I'm hopeful that this will change soon, the only thing we have right now to treat our T/H/EARSTUFF is positivity. So let's be friends and get through this together. :huganimation:

Some things I LOVE:

1. Cycling!!! I ride a fixed gear and I'm super passionate about it. One thing that's been keeping my mind off of my tinnitus is that I'm planning a bike tour for this spring! Riding in the city can be a REAL pain with squeaky brakes and horns and all, but I wear earplugs when I have to and I still enjoy the heck out of it.
      2. GAMING!! MMOS!!! If you play one, let's play together. Right now I'm playing Guild wars 2 and it's hella fun. Was playing archeage for a while but p2w got too intense!!!! I also have an xbox one that doesn't get used very often
      3.Reading!!! Favorite authors are Dostoevsky and Tolkein. Let's talk about 'em!

Ok, well, that wasn't too bad. Tell me about yourself, I want to get to know you.:beeranimation:

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Like Like x 2
    2. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Welcome CaptainBeefheart! ☺
      Had tinnitus since 2002. Taking it one day at a time. If you ever want to chat message me!

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to the forums
      CaptainBeefhear.....lots of love glynis

4. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Welcome! I've been a member here for about a month or so with new onset tinnitus possibly due to pregnancy or mild hearing loss. They're not really sure. My T is also reactive to sounds like music, loud water running, the television and lately driving with the heater on! Glad to meet you but hoping your hyperacusis goes away soon!!

5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Welcome Captain Beefheart. That's quite and introduction. Never met anyone with so much positivity about tinnitus. That's the way to do it and I hope that you continue to have such a positive attitude and not let tinnitus get you down.
      All the best
      Michael

6. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Welcome! I used to live in Marine Park. Hoping you are having good days!