Liam Boehm — A Scammer or What?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ento, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Toby1972 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      Sorry to say, in a few weeks I am sure you will say "how silly was I to buy his program".

I feel sorry for you. Regarding your chronic tinnitus, it's a 99,98 % prognosis that Liam's program will do NOTHING.

Come on, cold showers will CURE our tinnitus?? That's a part of his program.

A diet will CURE our tinnitus?

Then why has not a single person ever reported that after having the flu and not eating for several days their tinnitus vanished? Why? Because he plays with us and our money.

I bought the program 1 year ago because I had nothing to lose and was confident to get my money back within 90 days. At least I got my money back.

I could acquire dozens of "digital-anti-natives" (I mean people that deny any online presence) testimonials here in my local town with enough money and you would never ever find out who they are and that they are actors.

Sorry. I am really sorry.

I personally just found strategies to survive one month after the other without going totally into depression. I suck up every maximum 5% quite normal time of the week as a charging of my batteries. But the batteries are getting drained.

Cure can only be provided by biotech.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - Repeated gun blasts
      I fasted this past weekend. 57 hours with no food. Tinnitus got louder. After I ate, it was still loud. Liam's methods might work for tinnitus caused by poor diet or other circulatory conditions but it did nothing for my acoustic trauma induced tinnitus.

If it was as easy as Liam makes it sound, there wouldn't be millions of vets on tinnitus disability.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      Well I bought his course and I like it. He is basically a biohacker and he incorporates many different recent health theories and discoveries. It works for a great number of people. It has been working for me until I got a temporary reduced hearing from noise and allergies. I don't accept that there is no way to substantially improve hearing or tinnitus for the simple reason that the orthodoxy in every other important area has been completely wrong about health and nutrition. Therefore the fields of health care are complete unknown unless I get good evidence otherwise. The bottom of the food pyramid used to be grains and seeds - the diametric opposite of healthy food. Statins do nothing to increase longevity or reduce heart disease and their symptoms dramatically reduce quality of life. Etc. The medical system is a catastrophically evil failure. Your ENT is at best a naive slave following along for a paycheck or an idiot who's convinced by authority and imprimatur. EVERYONE loses weight BETTER on a keto or low carb diet, yet every reputable health authority insisted it was all lies or you'd die from heart disease eating animals instead of eating processed GRASSES like bread and pasta. Outrageous really.
      I completely agree.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      I can't agree with you more. The medical community is just starting to figure out basic metabolic processes now. Western medicine has its place, no doubt, but the complete lack of respect for diet and ancient remedies is ignorant at best. I'm not a "have you tried yoga?" person, far from it, but I do know that there are remedies for many things that are considered chronic that come from outside of Western medicine. There is a fine balance - Western medicine helps us live longer and possibly comfortably, but why are there so many more chronic illnesses that didn't exist centuries ago? I think we have the ability to help ourselves heal and fasting may help some subgroups of any chronic illness achieve remission, but not everyone can be helped because they are severely damaged, in a sense.

If we look at it from an evolutionary perspective, world trade, global travel, chemicals in agriculture are all things that contribute to disease and chronic conditions. I'm not suggesting that any of the above are things we should abolish, but if we are aware that in the last 200 years, we have really changed the course of evolution for humans and we are facing conditions that are 'unnatural' to evolution because they are happening so quickly and abundantly.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree. Western medicine in the aggregate however has been mostly a failure.

Remove child mortality, basic sanitation and vaccines and it is worsening health and longevity for most people by agreeing with nutritional advice promulgated by ideologies and corporations. This isn't an accident. The institutions are operating according to financial incentives, especially in the west. We have a corporate controlled society with very little democratic control.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      LOL. Please give us some proof. Hmm, a hundred? Oh wait, maybe 10? Maybe 5 in the world?

• Creative Creative x 1
    7. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There are over 1000 people in his Facebook group and most report some improvement and many dramatic improvement. I don't have exact numbers. It is anecdotal. I remember dismissing Atkins when my friend recommended low carb in 1998 because the public health system had no evidence for it - they still don't recommend it. Carbohydrates are mostly fake and toxic foods and the evidence for them destroying your health is complete and convincing but you still have the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association only tepidly accepting it as a healthy diet. If you wait for the studies, you will be waiting decades. You have to biohack. Health authorities are completely worthless.

8. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      Please stop posting what I would call FAKE news.

You won't find any Facebook group over 1,000 people, where MOST report (any positive improvement). Such groups would "explode" by the posts.

I had been in this group and there were very few people who reported any improvement and under such posts there where many many questions: "how did you do that?", "why doesn't it function for me?" etc.

According to your profile, you have noise induced tinnitus. So why should different foods improve your tinnitus? Why? Or cold showers? Why?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    9. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Hate to be that guy but @Toby1972 is the same guy who said COVID-19 and the vaccine couldn’t affect tinnitus - draw your own conclusions about the horsepower that is/isn’t on display.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I understand about being skeptical. I am overly skeptical about Liam myself, but at the same time I can also admit that his claims (cure aside) aren't entirely outlandish. We know for a fact that we can heal through diet and fasting, possibly cold exposure as well; what we don't know is how diet and fasting affects the inner ear and related anatomy. I believe that it can help to an extent (I'm not saying it can't cure, but I am skeptical) and more research is warranted. To write off Liam because he comes across as a scammer is not the right way, we know that his program can elicit good results and I think @Toby1972 might be overreaching.

11. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      What's that about? Now it's getting childish. I never ever posted something like that. You are mistaking me for someone. Please delete your post.

I am the one who warned this forum in the middle of March that FX-322 will probably fail and the stock will fall significantly.

12. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Botched lumbar puncture, CSF leak
      I watched a Liam Boehm YouTube video. It said to go to his website and click a link which would send me a free eBook. It turned out that I had to watch a video over an hour long, but if I got to the end I would automatically be sent the eBook. In the video he said he would offer all kinds of tips and advice to help tinnitus as we went on, but he never actually did get to the part where he gave any info at all. It was all mindless waffle. He then tried to hard sell me a tinnitus cure package with all the cheesy turn off sales tactics - and I sat through it all to get the damn eBook. Over an hour later, more like 1 hour 25 minutes it finally ended, but I never got the eBook.

Edit - I got it. No substance. A few bullet points, then a plug for the program.

13. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That sucks. I can’t speak to whether he is a scammer or not but those type of sales tactics are scummy at best. I will tell you though there IS merit to diet and fasting and those that are naysayers don’t know what they are talking about. It doesn’t mean it will cure everyone and it doesn’t mean it specifically helps tinnitus sufferers, but the research is there to support the use of fasting.

My own theory is that for some people, fasting induces autophagy enough so that either 1) hair cells and synapses are being repaired (if they are lightly damaged) or 2) it is reducing neuroinflammation and this might be a cause of tinnitus for some people.

Given that it’s free and relatively a safe process, I suggest everyone does a fast to see if there is any improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am happy to try it. I wouldn't know the first thing about it though (how long, how often etc) so I have a fair bit of reading to do.

15. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am going to do the 8 week course. I have nothing to lose but a few hundred dollars which is nothing.

I have drawn some conclusions to people saying he is a scammer. Honestly, if I was a scam artist, I wouldn't focus my scam on tinnitus. Despite this figure of 10% doing the rounds, there is no way 10% of the population have what I have. I think the severity of my tinnitus is one in a million. I live in a town of 70,000 people. My doctors have said they have never heard of tinnitus like mine in all their career, and my audiologist said she studied hyperacusis but never had a patient with it.

I am the kind of person desperate enough to go on the course. Most people with tinnitus would not bother searching the ends of the earth for desperate relief and hand over their $$.

If I were a scammer, I would focus on chronic pain, fibro, CFS. You will find one of those desperate people in every second household. Redirecting the program here would open up one's pool of potential clients 1000 fold.

The biggest scammers are the ENTs. My ENT accepted my referral knowing there was nothing he could do. Then he insisted he could only help me if he microsuctioned my ear, despite a doctor telling me only 3 days earlier that I had no earwax. When I told him no to microsuction because I have severe hyperacusis, he assured me the procedure was silent and he had to do it if I wanted him to help. I did want him to help, I was desperate, so I allowed it. Then when I said he couldn't do my right ear because the microsuction instantly made the left ear worse, he said he cannot help me because all my issues are psychological and I need therapy. My left ear that I allowed him to microsuction still has the distortions 3 months later that started seconds after the microsuctioning. He denied it, and basically told me I was a liar.

That bastard ENT scammed me out of $435 for less than 5 minutes of his time and left me worse off. Liam's course will cost me less than that. Why don't we have a thread on scam artist ENTs? They know they can't help us before we walk through the door but they take our money anyway, and sleep perfectly well at night after doing so.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don’t be so sure. There are millions of people that would easily pay $300 to cure their even mild tinnitus. They would likely pay much more than that.

I will tell you though, two people have reached out to me to tell me their experience with Liam’s course. Both have been positive and have seen some good effect so far. So good luck and keep us posted.

Also, have you got on to trying LDN? Given CFS and the symptoms you have I think you would be a very good candidate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you.

I have my script for LDN but I decided not to proceed. I have read all the comments relating to LDN for hyperacusis and tinnitus. I came across only 1 person saying it helped their tinnitus. Many people said it caused tinnitus and no one had anything to say about hyperacusis. I won't handle a worsening of my current symptoms so I decided not to go ahead.

I don't have CFS.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Ehren M
      Nerdy

Ehren M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/24/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I think providing a thread here on particularly useless ENTs could be very useful for others.

I have a couple of ENT names I would like to add to such a thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Maybe it would be more useful to list ENTs and Audiologists that are highly recommended. Let's face it, is is pretty easy to find a bad one and good ones are few and far between.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Aleksandar

Aleksandar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Covid19
      They take blood money, but karma also sometimes appears.

21. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For sure. ENTs are absolute swindlers with a license to take our money and provide no treatment or meaningful advice. I can't think of any other industry that gets away with charging so much money and providing no results, or expecting payment even after they do harm!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    22. Johan001

Johan001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      If we start such a list of scam ENTs, it'll probably include about 90% of all of them.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. canteven

canteven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @valeri - Checking in. Did you see any results with the program?

24. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I’ll probably try fasting like Liam suggests.

25. canteven

canteven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Checking in again. Any results?

26. Paul Walter

Paul Walter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Industrial noise
      Sorry, I really am. I know we are just so desperate for help for this awful nightmare but this is just crap. No diet will help tinnitus.

I read once a Keto diet would help tinnitus and it made me worse.

I pray for a genuine treatment. I am amazed so many medications make tinnitus worse so why in this day and age can't they determine why and engineer an opposite process that helps?

Just hang in there mate - do your best. I really feel for you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    27. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Yeah it’s bogus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    28. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      For all of you who question Liam’s good intentions, he now EVEN offers private Zoom sessions at $250/hour to help anyone who needs further support. If that doesn’t scream “genuinely wanting to help,” nothing will ;)

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    29. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      The people that heal are the ones that would’ve healed anyways, those and the ones who have tinnitus from metabolic issues.

I would love to see long term noise induced folks cured but... nothing.

30. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      What a gentleman. Only $250 per hour for his sage wisdom?

It’s not often one finds such charitable people. I mean, he was so keen to help that he even rushed out his very reasonably priced $300 ebook which included all kinds of spelling errors. This was all the evidence I needed to realise that he cared so much that he skipped proofreading it altogether.

Take advantage of his generous offers while you can, people.

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1