Liam Boehm — A Scammer or What?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ento, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      No need to buy his stuff either. He just says to fast, carnivore diet, remove WiFi, do grounding or earthing whatever it’s called, get sun, blue light blockers, remove mold from house, muscle release and some other junk.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      People willingly put so much stock into these scammers. When will People stop putting so much faith in doctors?

Not only are most HORRIBLE people but they can rarely do anything - the tinnitus condition is one of those in which they can't do anything.

Family physicians have no issue in telling you, too and don't care.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The guy is a genius, it’s not his fault that he’s not concise!

He clearly saw the lack of engagement on his YouTube channel and then had a brain wave and thought "I know, I’ll charge people $300 instead, that’ll motivate them, but I better type it up fast before I forget what I said" (hence the piss poor writing). He probably spent an entire lunchtime writing that eBook up, and all you lot can do is rip on him. Disgraceful!

There are already good books written about fasting that cost a few dollars, but that’s not the point, is it? Spending $7 isn’t gonna make you feel like you’ve achieved anything, but spending $300 will. That’s his breakthrough strategy; the fasting thing is just a smokescreen. The reality is that he’ll make you so broke that you’ll forget you ever had tinnitus.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. Johan001

Johan001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I just don't understand where those people's morals are at. I know the world is quite an evil place, but what's going on with all those health scams is beyond evil. That money will never bring anything good with it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      He even boasts how his friends hate him because he’s living the life lol. He’s living the life off of suffering people.

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Botched lumbar puncture, CSF leak
      I joined the program and quit. I was/am so desperate for relief, I gave my money to a charlatan. If you're into woo woo, pseudo-science and conspiracy theories, it's the course for you.

I don't think Liam had severe, intrusive, or debilitating tinnitus. I also don't think people who say his nonsense worked had severe tinnitus. Mild at worst. They talk like they don't even know what tinnitus is really like in so many of his video testimonials (which struck me as odd more than a few times) but I thought I'd try anyway. What's another few hundred dollars when I've spent thousands was my mantra.

Follow David Wolfe, or that nutcase Pete Evans if you are in Australia. They preach the same claptrap.

There is more I could say but I'll leave it at that.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      He’s a self centered joke. I hope you are doing better. I ran out of Lyrica and was hurting all over. I substituted Gabapentin for now. It seems Lyrica calms my anxiety and nerves.

8. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I think you are a little to hard on Liam. My belief is that he truly suffered from his tinnitus and that he has helped others.

Basically all his information is free on YouTube (if you do not want to buy it in a more condensed format). His message is really simple. Fasting triggers the generative process and heal up general inflammation in you body. One theory is that tinnitus is a chronic inflammation that for some of us the body can´t fix it self from. Younger people typically heal much faster. My personal belief is that fasting could be a powerful tool to trigger/boost the body´s natural healing process. It is not an overnight solution but it is totally for free. There are too many examples of good success with fasting on this and other forums to not consider it seriously. Liam himself recommend "The Phoenix Protocol" on YouTube to learn more about fasting.

And I do agree, dry fasting sounds very aggressive but we who suffer the most do not have too many options on our hands.

Just my thoughts...

• Like Like x 3
    9. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Childhood illness and loud noise
      Liam Boehm is a total joke. Cochlear hair cell damage is not reversible. I suffer from tinnitus (variable) and hearing loss (mild to moderate) due to 2 factors: As a child I had scarlet fever (yes limited research has been done on how it can lead to hearing loss later in life), I worked in a loud manufacturing environment and also attended concerts.

10. hears4fears

hears4fears Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic/Neck
      If what Liam Boehm says actually worked, everyone would have copied his treatment and been doing it, and you wouldn't hear about him anymore...

11. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Do we have any members (chronic tinnitus) that used Liam Boehm's techniques and got better?

12. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Toby1972 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      No.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Those testimonials are people that will recover anyways. Making that $$$ lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. ma7555
      Doubtful

ma7555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bupropion
      What exactly are his instructions regarding fasting?

15. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Toby1972 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      Exact Instruction:

Fasting eliminates tinnitus.

Pay me a special price of $350 instead of $3,500 for this instruction.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    16. juliob
      Confused

juliob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antidepressants / Loud Sound Exposure
      I wonder if there is a solid basis for the Wi-Fi stuff. I get a bit worried as I work with my router in front of me.

What is the theory behind it? Has anyone's tinnitus got better by avoiding Wi-Fi?

• Funny Funny x 1
    17. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

AnthonyMcDonald Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Save me Liam!

• Funny Funny x 3
    19. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

AnthonyMcDonald Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      3 easy payments of $124.99 and you'll be cured! Just fast bro but you have to do it the way I tell you bro.

• Funny Funny x 3
    20. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I listened first hand to a testimonial by a chiropractor who was concerned about a new cell tower being planned for an area close to his office building. As he researched cell phone radiation, and other kinds of EMFs, he began to wonder if he was being affected by the router he was close to every day. Once he moved it out from its close proximity to him, his chronic headaches went away. -- I guess somebody on this thread might consider this funny--for some odd reason.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    21. juliob
      Confused

juliob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antidepressants / Loud Sound Exposure
      As I am dealing with benzo brain, I try to avoid stuff that boosts glutamate. It seems like too much glutamate is found in some people of the autism spectrum and there are plenty of symptoms associated with excess glutamate.

Check this out:

https://tacanow.org/family-resources/glutamate/

In the end of this page there are some references associating EMFs with glutamate.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    22. CW Dragon
      Conehead

CW Dragon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Impulse Noise
      You know what, man. I turned off my Wi-Fi router and my tinnitus slightly lowered last night. I'm going to start using a mechanical timer that automatically turns off the Wi-Fi at night. I also have the router sitting next to my computer, I will probably end up moving it downstairs away from me.

I use Gigabit Ethernet (which is a waste of money for me) and want to downgrade to maybe 100 Mbps - maybe that helps too.

I also don't know about the effects of 5G, I wanted to upgrade my 4G phone to one of those new fancy iPhones since they have much better cameras since I like taking photographs, but I don't know anymore. Not worth the risk.

23. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @CW Dragon -- I think that's a really good idea. One thing you may want to consider is not using a router at all, just use an Ethernet cord. Much less radiation, which is very high on the keyboard when using Wi-Fi. I think it's also better connection (faster).

Also, if you use a laptop, it's much less radiation if you use it on battery power as opposed to having it always plugged in. If you do decide to stick with the router, there are EMF protection shields (cloth like) that can significantly reduce the radiation, but still allow your devices to access it. You can get shields that you can put on your smart meter as well (if you have one on your house). I think they reduce radiation by up to 90%.

I lived in an area a few years back where smart meters were put on people's houses without notifying them. Many people started having health issues after they did this (many cases of tinnitus). When people found out about the smart meters, the City (which owned the utility) said they would switch it back to the analog for those who wanted it. Many of these health issues went away when they did.
      My wife has a bumper sticker on her car which reads: "5G -- Not Worth The Risk". She's done extensive research into all of this. 5G has been definitely shown to be harmful.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    24. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I've taken vacations off the grid, camping, and it never made a lick of difference.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
    25. CW Dragon
      Conehead

CW Dragon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Impulse Noise
      I decided to keep my router next to my laptop and ordered a couple EMF shields to surround it. I de-acted the WiFi on my router and laptop and will only used wired ethernet. Secondly, I bought an EMF poncho which I will use in the coming winter and also to sleep with it wrapping my head, since I live in a townhome apartment complex and there everyone has a wireless router. I can see these many networks all at high reception levels to where I am at.

And I do currently set my phone to airplane mode when I go to sleep. Will definitely keep it since it is an older model iPhone since I don't need one of those fancy 5G phones.

@Lane, any ideas about the dangers of good ole' Bluetooth? I use Apple AirPods Pros for white noise, generally at work.

• Like Like x 1
    26. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I haven't done any research on it, but am wary. That said, I'm currently using Bluetooth to run my Tone Pacer PRO App. The benefits of using it have been greater than the concerns I have about not knowing very much about Bluetooth.

Tone Pacer PRO App — Has a Very Soothing Effect on My Auditory Cortex

27. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      Having a healthy diet and developing a healthy build is important for vascular and nerve reasons. Maintaining a lifestyle that allows for regular exercise, decent food, and a focus on essential vitamins and minerals will probably make it easier to recover from a lot of noise trauma, and reduce the likelihood or extent of damage.

However, to suggest that all of this alone will reduce chronic damage is ridiculous. All it will likely do is encourage healthy bloodflow and a more durable cochlea. Spending so much money on an illogical promise is unwise, especially because there is plenty of free advice online talking about vascular and nerve health.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      I'll sum his course up for you. Get 20 minutes of sun on your anus and eat red meat while taking a cold shower.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    29. star-affinity
      Wishful

star-affinity Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1993, increase in 2020, then new in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure about the first. Too many beers? Music during sleep.
      I don't get it. Shouldn't we in that case be more concerned about the radiation from light bulbs and the Sun since they have higher wavelength than the radio waves from Wi-Fi?

electromagnetic%2Bspectrum%2B4.jpg

30. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @star-affinity -- I don't know all the science behind many of the things I've read and the experience I have with noxious EMFs. I'm very sensitive to EMFs from cell phones, and it has made a huge difference for me after I purchased an EMF protecter call safe sleeve. I've also noticed a huge difference when I use my laptop using battery power as opposed to having it plugged in. Same with using an ethernet cord instead of Wi-Fi.

But I do very well in the sun, and have no problem with regular incandescent light bulbs. My take is there are a wide variety of EMFs that are emitted by various things, with EMFs emitted by modern technology being some of the worst. I recently made a 1-week visit to my brother who lives way out in the woods away from most modern technology. I came back feeling so much better, which I attribute to way less every day noise, and way less every day EMFs.

The experience calmed down my brain and nervous system, and felt like I was able to deal with my tinnitus better. That's just my own personal experience, but it jibes with much of what I've read about the dangers of EMFs. I'm very concerned about 5G.