Lion's Mane Mushroom

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Danny Boy, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Jonnie
      Happy

Jonnie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Similar to what many have said here, Psilocybin is generally non-addictive. The journey on a full dose is not an easy ride to get through, so many are not clamoring to go again right away. Furthermore, the efficacy of mushrooms drops day-to-day. People need to wait at least a couple weeks to reduce their tolerance enough to feel the full effects.

However, some recreational users can get mentally addicted as opposed to physical addiction.

Lion's Mane mushrooms are not psychoactive, so anyone who wants to try is safe there!

I'd want to try Psilocybin for the tinnitus, but unfortunately I currently have mild HPPD, which means no psychoactive substances of any kind for me until it resolves.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Ela Stefan

Ela Stefan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Would this help the startle response being messed up due to middle ear muscles? I don't have pain though, only my middle ear muscles are almost always spasming, plus it gives me a sort of central sensitization gain.

I have a sizzling, pulsing feeling/noise in the lateral parts of the brain, that in reaction to noise - or even without - fluctuates to the top of the head as an electrical fizzing thing, surrounding the head.

I tried supplements and Lion's Mane mushroom. Didn't help. Maybe placebo or marginal help!

I've been trying Lamictal 50 mg for 2 weeks now, seems to help some. I will increase the dose.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Your issue could stem from some type of nerve damage, it's hard to say. I get eardrum spasms too but not often. I've just been taking Lion's Mane for a few days and noticed nothing yet. You need to take it for a month straight at least to start noticing the effects.

My ear pain is massively down now since my last setback about 2 months ago. Not sure if it's any of the supplements or just time. Still have some pain but it's improved a lot. Tinnitus unchanged though.

I want to try microdosing either shrooms or LSD along with the Lion's Mane. I ordered some Semax too which produces a lot of BDNF so maybe that is better than Lion's Mane.

I want to get something that can heal this issue rather than just mask the symptoms but it might not be possible. I always seem to improve after each setback but they come more easy and last longer as time goes on.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 , Worse in September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      I am still doing well with it. Cycling it though due to it having a negative effect on sexual drive.

5. MaxRabbit

MaxRabbit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Zoloft, NOISE, Anxiety, EARBUDS.
      It's not been a month yet, but curious if you notice any effects of the Lion's Mane in your system?

6. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I've also been taking BPC-157 at the same time which makes all other supplements and medication weaker so I can't really gauge it. I'm also taking like 10 other supplements at the same time.

My mood has been way better and the pain in my ear is mostly gone. My tinnitus is maybe a very small bit better too. Hard to say if it was just time or maybe one of the other supplements like BPC-157 and TB-500 which are the stronger ones I've been taking.

The pain in my ear had been improving naturally anyway so hard to say if anything actually helped but it did get a lot better quickly after taking supplements.