Little Wins

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Feel free to delete if this has been done or not appropriate, but I wanted to start a positive thread for those little fist pump moments against T

Mine today was I actually sat down and did some crochet which I haven't since onset. I could still hear the T but I managed to concentrate on the stitches as well as trying to ignore it. My little win for the day :)

• Like Like x 6
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      This inspires me Amelia, want to start knitting again.......

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Amelia,
      Glad you posted this as I too Crochet, and this morning I had what I will call a moment of silence. It was so profound that I turned everything off and stood in the silence, almost in tears. It was short lived but it was a moment I am grateful for. I am so happy for you to have found a lull in your T also. My crocheting has given me quite a few moments of positivity and keeps my mind focused. I was hesitant to post about my moment of silence today because so many of us here suffer so. I know that when I see positive feed back, it gives me hope for the future even on a bad day. Thank you for sharing!

4. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I am able to read again, with white noise in the background. Lulubug, I had a moment like that yesterday.
      Hopeful also.:)

5. Riikka

Riikka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2007
      I have wool for a nice cardigan that is waiting to be used. Lately I haven't felt I would be able to sit down in the quiet and knit, but after your good experience Amelia, I feel I should try too. Maybe the knitting would actually give me some distraction.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I think this thread will quickly become my favorite! Love reading everyone's little wins :) xxx

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Another win ... I napped today :) doesn't sound like much but I haven't been able too since my T onset.
      I did have the tv going (not enough to mask tho unfortunately) and I was quite tired but I did it!
      Was lovely to have a sneaky 30 minutes while the kids were asleep!

8. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      congrats.. thats great news i have fallen asleep a few times for like 6 seconds lol and told my self no sleeping or you wont be able to sleep at night hahahah, i should try and take a nap just to see how it would affect my bed time ????