Loud Tone for a Few Seconds — Fleeting / Transient Spontaneous Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cher69, Aug 5, 2013.

?

Have You Experienced Fleeting Tinnitus?

1. Yes, even before I got chronic tinnitus

2. Yes, only after I got chronic tinnitus

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @Telis , I gave you a hug (in a strictly non-gay manner).
      You are one tough dude dealing with all that shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Thanks bro

3. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      I have "feeding "tinnitus. It basically feeds off me 24 / 7 / 365. It's an 800lb gorilla, living large, at my expense!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      I've had "fleeting tinnitus" all of my life, that phenomenon where you suddenly hear a high pitched whine it your ear for maybe 5 seconds or so, and then it fades away. It's always been the same pitch, volume.

Recently though I've had a different experience of it. It's a lower pitch than usual (still a high whine) and lasts maybe 10 seconds, and it's loud. What can cause a sudden change to the nature of fleeting tinnitus? It is worrisome to me that it's quite loud.

5. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      Hi all, is it normal to expercience 3 or 4 TST ( 5 secs ) along with fullness in just one day? I had TST before and after my main T onset, but they happened only once in that day and again after weeks. Today is different.

In your opinion what could be?

6. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had my fair share of fleeting T over the past few months, and almost every single time, I get scared. It doesn't help at all that my good, non-T ear also experiences it from time to time. I'd say that fleeting T actually scares me the most. Is anyone able to explain why fleeting T occurs? I'm so curious, yet at the same time I'm not even sure if I want to learn anything new about T. Feel like I need to lay off all this for a while.

7. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Three sets of super high 20 second rings in my other ear this morning. All within 2 hours. Scaring me to death.

Do you think it's from the Klonopin? I have only been taking it for 3 days.

I know some say it's "fleeting T?"

Please tell me this won't come back and stay forever.

It is very scary.

8. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Marie79

That happens to be on and off but it always goes away, so try not and worry about that.

Louie

Quietatnight

9. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

How much klonopin do you take, and how long have you been taking it?

10. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I get it sometimes. It lasts for around 8 seconds at a time. It can happen every now and then for a couple of days. Then it dissappear's. Nothing to worry about!!!!!

11. jerryjerry
      Angry

jerryjerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Since 2006 my tinnitus have sound like a frying pan. But for some months ago it has chanced. The new thing is that my ears have gone to fleeting tinnitus with or without ear fullness before the sound comes. Its more a physical feeling in my ear and when I hear water like the shower it starts this high pitched sound that slowly fades away after some seconds.

It's very hard to live with. Some days I have this fleeting tinnitus up to ten times. My old sound is more or less gone. But I rather preferred that in front of this shit. Can it be neck muscles or stress that make this fleeting tinnitus? Someone else who have the same...

12. jerryjerry
      Angry

jerryjerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Someone who know if fleeting tinnitus always comes together with earfullness? I have new fleeting sounds everyday, but more often without earfullness. Is this still fleeting tinnituis?

13. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Was it the ear drops that caused your t to go crazy?

14. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I have fleeting T every few months but it's definitely worse since my ears got worse in JUne 2015.

My problem is I had fleeting T two weeks ago+ and I still have leftover T from it. I'm pretty much in panic as I can't handle it, it's worse than my original T that I can't even tolerate most days...so this is too much.

It was one of the worst fleeting T episodes I ever had. It was not quick, the fullness came on at random but last 1-2 hours. Getting seemingly worse and worse. The loud sudden ring finally came half-way into the fullness episode and it last for 30min, when it started to subside I was thankful beyond belief until it STAYED at a lower level and is now 2+ weeks of this high pitch electrical misfiring sound where it spikes up and down back to base and back up. The tone is essentially unmaskable in areas I used to find relative peace. It also gave me ear soreness that has lasted 2 weeks and only recently a bit better.

Permanent damage occurred? How is that even possible. No noise trauma and I'm still getting screwed over. I'm getting close to calling it quits if this type of crap continues. Can't even believe it.

15. jerryjerry
      Angry

jerryjerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Nearly every day i get one or two spikes. A new high sound that lasts for some seconds, sometimes one or two minutes. But often it is not common with earfullness. The sound just come and goes ..is this still what they call fleeting tinnitus? Im wery afraid that it would stay.

16. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Coping with tinnitus is hard
      As we all know.
      This fleeting tinnitus is by far my biggest fear.
      Ok so I'm having a really good day.
      And then all of a sudden that dead silence appears. And then a loud ring for 30 seconds and then it fades. Then it all goes tits up for me. And I'm back to panic.
      It's literally a vicious circle.
      Why does fleeting tinnitus happen does anyone know.
      It's the scariest seconds ever.

When I newly had t. It happened and lasted two days which was hell as you could imagine.
      Thanks again guys.

17. jerryjerry
      Angry

jerryjerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Terrible..but is it always together with earfullness? my fleeting tt come wery oftn without earfullnes

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      Before chronic T, when I had Fleeting T never had ear fullness that I can recall. But when I get it now, I very distinctly get a fullness feeling. And I get it a lot more often than before.

When I have ear aches, can feel my normal T in my right ear at its worst. Or when I had more intense ETD with pressure in my ears. No fullness, all distinctly different other feelings. Like the first week, I had pressure/burning in my ears intermittently. Doctors at UC tried to tell me it was fullness, and i'm like no. It's not. different feelings.

19. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Hey guys.
      I have experienced fleeting tinnitus once every now and again,
      The past week a lot more.
      Usually that normal cut out and loud noise.
      Today however. It cut out. Then I had a low tone of tinnitus. Like it seemed as if I was young and listening to a big sea shell. Really weird. Is this a sign of things getting worse.
      Or are there different types of fleeting tinnitus??
      Thanks guys

20. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      There are different versions of fleeting tinnitus.

It's not a sign of anything getting worse...

• Like Like x 1
    21. DDD

DDD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noice induced/acoustic trauma
      My hearing in my left ear went out and was replaced with the loudest tinnitus ever. Very high pitched. Lasted for 10-15 seconds. It came back but now I'm very, very scared. Hope that it never, ever happens again.

22. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      I had a very rare bell tone in one of my ears once in a great while before I developed a constant hiss called tinnitus. I still get this rare bell tone which overlays the backdrop hiss I have which ranges from moderate volume to almost inaudible. So count me in too. This honesty never bothered me before I got tinnitus full time...or really since. I thought it was a bit odd but since the bell tone would dissipate, I never paid it much mind. Never heard it discussed before, but now I have a name for it. Too bad I now have fleeting tinnitus with permanent tinnitus...at least so far.
      Cheers

23. Newbie
      Alienated

Newbie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Can I get help please. It's 2:30am where I am. About a month and a half ago my tinnitus spiked which made me so anxious, it was a loud hissing noise different from my usual low tone ring and it could barely be masked , after a month I started to lose the fear of the noise and eventually it subsided into a ring just a little bit louder than my normal ring but I couldn't hear it with the TV on. I started to think I was getting back on track although still so scared it would come back and constantly monitoring it. Two weeks later and I was just going to sleep tonight and I heard the sound for a second which made me so anxious again and scared and it's getting so loud again I woke up every half hour until now I'm just wide awake in bed I can't see any way out someone please help me can it get better again please

24. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      That is TEMPORARY "FLEETING TINNITUS"

Everyone and their mother gets those noises, don't worry about it?

25. Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just got tinnitus 2 weeks ago. Does this sudden loss of hearing accompanied by a sharp tinnitus for a few seconds indicate that I have permanent tinnitus due to damage to ears? Cuz I just did hearing test this Monday and my hearing was normal. Is it "normal" to have these sudden loss of hearing for few seconds? I am super scared right now and some experience would be appreciated.

26. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      For a few seconds then it returns to normal? It's called fleeting tinnitus. It's relatively normal, especially to those with tinnitus. Nothing to worry about.

27. Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      And I thought I had hope in a tinnitus that might leave. Guess its gonna stay after all. hahahahahahahahahah

28. Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does this signify that my tinnitus is permanent? I still have high hopes that my tinnitus might leave, as I am able to ignore it more easily (maybe I just adapt to it faster)? Really wish this has nothing to do with permanent damage

29. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It doesn't signify anything. No one can say if it will be permanent. I too came here hoping mine wouldn't be permanent but it ended up being so, yours may not be. It doesn't sound like you had severe hearing trauma.

30. Iscream31

Iscream31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you very much.