Loud Tone for a Few Seconds — Fleeting / Transient Spontaneous Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cher69, Aug 5, 2013.

?

Have You Experienced Fleeting Tinnitus?

1. Yes, even before I got chronic tinnitus

2. Yes, only after I got chronic tinnitus

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Fleeting tinnitus, many people here get this.
      Dont worry about it, its never permanent!

• Like Like x 2
    2. Jason Goodwin
      Batty

Jason Goodwin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      23/11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tapering off an SSRI
      Thanks Rubenslash. Scared the absolute s**t out of me!

3. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      How loud was it?

4. Jason Goodwin
      Batty

Tinnitus Since:
      23/11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tapering off an SSRI
      @SilverSpiral,
      So loud I could not believe it, maybe 10 times louder than it is normally, maybe more. Piercing.

5. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Fleeting tinnitus is suuuuper common,
      but i understand it freaked you out.
      it happend to me as well... and the first time i was very scared.

dont worry its okay, it happends very often but it would calm down eventually.

6. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Yes that's fleeting T, a lot of people here experience it on and off but it's not permanent 95% of the time.

I get it too, just sit back and give it 30 seconds or so next time it happens and then carry on as normal after it has passed.

7. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      Happened to me a few times, I learned to ride it out.

• Like Like x 1
    8. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      o_O
      I just call them ear farts nowo_O

• Like Like x 1
    9. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Fleeting t. I had this long b4 t..

• Like Like x 1
    10. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Was it painful? Had you experienced anything like it before? Typically fleeting tinnitus is not THAT THAT LOUD, but maybe sometimes it is. If it was regular fleeting tinnitus, I can assure you that many on this board have constant T tones that are easily as loud and louder than what you experienced...

In any case it went away, and worrying about it won't do you any good, so don't worry I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Jason Goodwin
      Batty

Tinnitus Since:
      23/11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tapering off an SSRI
      Thanks guys :)
      @SilverSpiral
      I had some slight pain in my ear after it happened. First time it has done that! I was just sitting at my work desk...then wham. Im just glad it backed off.

12. jerryjerry
      Angry

jerryjerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Please can someone who have the same experience as me answer. The last year i have experienced what we called fleeting tinnitus nearly every day. But sometime i get this high tone without earfullness.
      Sometimes it come for example when i listen to the sound from the refridgerator and suddenly this tone appear out from nowere. Small sounds can start it up. Usually it fade out in some seconds, sometimes in one minute.
      I wonder..if this also are "fleeting tinnitus" even if it not come together with earfullness every time.

13. Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      Hello friends!
      Well... the issue is that i have had tinnitus for about four years now, and since a couple of months ago, i noticed that like 5 or 6 times a day my T spikes for 30 seconds, and then get back to normal intensity. Does anyone knows the reason ? Does it means that my T is worsening or will ? I am not exposed to loud noises...
      Thank you very much for your comments, god bless you all!

14. GH123

GH123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dont know? Maybe loud headphones over ear? Not sure
      Hey y'all, I'm pretty worried. I was laying in bed and just sitting there and my left ear started ringing a bit louder but kind of calmed down but I can't tell if I gained a new pitch of tinnitus I'm pretty sure it's all gone. My T effects both ears and started out of nowhere in Spanish class, I had frequent fleeting tinnitus normally before my chronic t. 4 months ago in Spanish my right ear started ringing and it calmed down but normal T just stayed after that. Anyone know if this means anything?

15. Kevinuk

Kevinuk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I'm really scared. I started having the loss of hearing in one ear at a time around 3 months ago along with a ringing noise in the affected ear. Only lasts a few seconds but so scary. At the same time I feel my heart stops and I get a weird warm feeling go right down my body into my legs. Sometimes though it's just a brief loss of hearing for a few seconds or less. Have had 2 ecg and 2 blood tests. First one showed slightly abnormally high thyroid which settled down to normal levels after 2 months. Now am left with this weird buzzing and warm feeling when it happens. Got another appointment with my doctor Tuesday. Am just so scared.

16. StephanieLC

StephanieLC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      I've had tinnitus for 2 months now and over the past week this has happened to me twice, both times while standing and looking down at a task (not sure if it's related or not): I suddenly got a super loud pure tone, different from my regular T and LOUD over everything, with a slight muffled sensation to my hearing, then over a few seconds it fades away and my hearing goes back to normal.
      Does anyone experience this? Does it mean anything? I'm so anxious about it.

17. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I noticed that one or two times a day, I get a T spike. These are loud, and normally last between 15 seconds and 2 minutes. One other strange thing about these spikes is that I get them in both ears, including the healthy non-T ear (I have T only in one ear).

Is there anyone else here who has similar experiences?

18. jojo
      Innocent

jojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I'm glad we're not alone........

19. Michelle G

Michelle G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure at a concert
      Got the same thing today in geometry class.. very scary

20. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I remember the first time it happened to me, I literally jumped up out of my seat. Now when it happens I just get angry. It's like T's way of throwing it's toys out of the pram for not paying it attention.

• Like Like x 2
    21. JA460

JA460 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I could've sworn these were called "ear tones" and are 100% natural?

22. Michelle G

Michelle G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure at a concert
      Hi, I am 15 an new to tinnitus. I have noise induced tinnitus from a loud concert for over a month now. The ringing is only noticeable in quiet places, but I was sitting down with my friend and all of a sudden my right ear went almost deaf and the ringing was very high pitched and noticeable over my conversation. It went away after like 10 seconds but it scared me so much. It still doesn't feel 100%. I have what I consider mild to moderate tinnitus in both ears. I wasn't listening to any loud noises as I am very careful now with my ears. A month ago, my hearing came out normal. Was this just a temporary spike? What do you think could have caused this? Why only in one ear?

23. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @Michelle G
      I have corresponded with you before. Please follow the advice that I have previously given you, by clinking on the link below and reading the post and reading my articles in the links provided. You need to give it time for your tinnitus to settle down. Keep away from loud music as you are doing and I strongly advise you to never use headphones even at low volume.
      All the best
      Michael https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/noise-induced-tinnitus.21272/

24. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      It's called fleeting tinnitus and it's totally normal, no need to worry about this. Everyone has it sometimes even people without tinnitus

25. ofaisalo
      Balanced

ofaisalo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      what causes this condition and is it normal?
      what's the reason behind it?
      btw this is different than my normal tinnitus on my left ear and it's happening once per month or 2 I didn't count
      but it was scary so I just want to make sure it's not dangerous

sorry for my bad english

26. DefNFlaky
      Inspired

DefNFlaky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Fleeting tinnitus, perfectly normal. I get those once every few months even in complete silence.

27. ofaisalo
      Balanced

ofaisalo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      but there must be a reason for sudden deaf thing

28. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      I believe this is something all healthy people experience also. I think it's just a spasm of the muscle in the ear. Totally harmless.

29. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      Hi all. First of all, I am doing better since my tinnitus onset almost five months ago. Sleeping more and not as stressed. Tinnitus present but not bothering me as much.

However, I occasionally get these loud, I guess what you all refer to as spikes. The pressure changes in my ears and the tone in my right ear, sometimes left, changes noise and gets much louder/prominent. It goes from a high pitched squeal to an almost lower but louder tone. The pressure change in my ear freaks me out.

So far these episodes are rare and last no more than 10 or so seconds. Are these tinnitus spikes? Anybody else get them?

30. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      All of us get them..yes, they are spikes and different things cause them. They can last for a few minutes to maybe hours or days....just try to protect your ears and reduce stress..as much as you can...

• Helpful Helpful x 1