My Tinnitus Is Completely Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Boy Helios, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes, unlike the auditory nerve cutting, I'm fairly sure a brain amputation will sort things out regarding T, so it's good to have options. Let's hope it won't create phantom pains though, the kind where the body thinks a brain is present while in reality there isn't...

How's the hearing aid so far? Does it help the Tinnitus perception in a positive way? I've been reluctant to try hearing aids. I can hear well as far as I know, I just have this annoying ringing (but probably theres still some hearing loss somewhere).

Yesterday I had a whole day where I practically didn't hear the Tinnitus at all. First time since a few weeks. Today however, it's back blaring...

Glad to hear you're back to normal. I'm hoping it will stay that way. Best of luck.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    2. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      I have some doubts about the hearing aid. It works, as I can hear a little better out of the left ear, but I can still hear the tinnitus right along with it. In some ways I feel it might be counterproductive, as having the hearing aid in my ear makes me constantly monitor the tinnitus and I can't just forget about it, which I sometimes do during the day when I engage in a project. Another drawback to the hearing aid is that it amplifies all the sounds I didn't like anyway -- the train going by, people revving loud motors and ambulances. I tend to recover from spikes or just feel better in general when there's complete silence.

What's interesting is how all the other metabolic processes of the body affect the tinnitus. Mine gets screechy and high pitched after I eat sugar, it generally calms down a bit after coffee, crickets and hissing are common after exercising. It would be interesting to know the correlation between certain neurotransmitters or maybe hormone levels and "T".

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Stephen1144

Stephen1144 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      gun noise
      I just bought Ginkgo Biloba in a US pharmacy store, just over the counter stuff, and had a side effect. When I woke-up in the morning both my legs seems sort of stiff with maybe only 80% movement, and there was pain and cramping in one of my feet. I take no drugs at all. None of this had ever happened to me before. Obviously I didn't use any more of this Ginkgo Biloba.

However, based on this thread, and info about Ginkgo Biloba on the internet, I think I will buy the "better grade" and give it another try.

Thank you for all the good info!

4. Stephen1144

Stephen1144 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      gun noise
      Good Amazon reviews, especially for a product such as this.

With a product such as this, usually Amazon buyers, if it doesn't work, will respond with a scathing review of wasting their money, etc.

I think I'll buy some and see what happens.

5. John Johnson

John Johnson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am new to all of this. I have had T for a little over a week now. It is driving me crazy. I get mad and frustrated with my ears. I am going to buy some of this stuff and try it. I am very desperate to try anything at this point. I have always had a little "cricket noise" in my hearing but while taking a nap it spiked and never let up.

My T started like this, for three days I had a headache, taking aspirin and advil for it and it wouldn't go away. Before the headache I was stretching my neck and felt a pop in my lower right side of my neck, then the headache started. I used a tens unit on my neck to help with the muscle and took aleeve, Advil and aspirin trying to get rid of the headache, with no luck. After the nap, I heard a crazy buzzing, ringing noise. I went around the house turning all electronics off, trying to find the noise, finally realizing it was my ears. The nightmare begins........

My symptoms are, watery eyes, left ear has pressure on it, VERY loud buzzing, ringing noise and headaches at times. I have already been to one doctor and they did a CAT scan, Xrays, EKG, and Xrays and found nothing, but a faulty brain. I have had no relief at all, other than when I am busy working on something, that keeps my mind busy. No sleep, without sleep meds and I cannot watch a movie at all.

My question is, can someone link the website to the German brand of this medicine? I want to start with 40mg twice a day. I have already tried the American brand with no help. I want to try the German version and I will post my results.

6. birdy

birdy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzodiazepine-receptor-deficiency
      If you can't find the German kind in the USA there is a hidden
      If you are in the USA you can get the same stuff as Tebonin in a product called by Gingold by Nature's Way

READ - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12757407

7. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
    8. birdy

birdy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, I have taken them all. I can tell you this the brand Tebonin has about 1500% more power and they developed a patented process that takes all the toxins out of the Ginko which allows for a MUCH higher dose of the GOOD GINKO without all the toxic Ginko side effects. My tinnitus is down 80% since I been on Tebonin. The effect really kicked in after 30 days!! I believe it is band in the USA and many other countries. In Germany, France and NZ it is legal. I found it on ebay and amazon under a search for Tebonin EGb 761

NOT ALL GINKO IS CREATED EQUAL! No, no, NO!

Also forget about just taking a higher dose of the cheaper Ginko's, that will just make you sick. Must be concentrated and detoxified like Tebonin brand is. Tebonin Ginko is for tackling the louder tinnitus types.

When concentrated and detoxified the Tebonin really kicks tinnitus ASS!

Gingold by Nature's Way is only 60 mg so I had to take 6 per day. Now I just buy Tebonin EGb 761 on line at full power. I'd dare to say at first Tebonin EGb 761 was even a little hallucinogenic (mild but very noticeable but that effect fades after repeated doses)
      WARNING: This stuff works so well you WILL HAVE withdrawal when you run out. DO NOT run out!!

Withdrawal makes you feel weak, flu like and the tinnitus comes back hard for a few days / weeks depending on how long your have been taking it.
      Ginko extract at this concentration level is pretty much a real "DRUG" -
      It also thins blood and lets blood flow get into every minuscule capillary in the brain. DO NOT TAKE WITH BLOOD THINNERS!!

As far as helping the tinnitus it really helped me unlike other Ginko's which where a joke.

More info here - http://www.schwabepharma.com/products/tebonin/

9. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Wow that sounds like a TV infomercial, where can I see the exact ratio of active ingredients and stuff? How does it compare to what I'm taking? It's not plain ginkgo biloba I'm taking it is 120mg of 50:1 extract ratio. Standardized to 24% flavone glycosides, and 6% terpene factones. What are the stats on tebonin?

10. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      If tebonin was hallucinogenic I'd have been taking it through my college years with reckless abandon. ;). Ginkgold is the same thing for much cheaper. Buy that in the US.

@SilverSpiral what you're taking is almost definitely the same thing.

11. John Johnson

John Johnson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I ordered mine from ebay also. I am getting it straight from the pharmacy that offers it over there. Keeping my fingers crossed, that it will work for me.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      UPDATE since making this thread

it was completely gone.

then it came back for 1 month around July/August

now it's completely gone again

I am convinced low dose 40-60 mg once per day works well

I also used TIBETAN NUTMEG the 2nd time around

now my tinnitus is silent again, even if I cover my ear. in practical life I hear nothing.

The simple fact is tinnitus can be cured or has the potential of going away.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      if you take too much it can make your t-worse. that's what happened to me when I took 120 mg once of twice a day

1 40 mg or 2 40 mg GERMAN EGB761 has been optimal for me.

no BS

unless my T got better on its own, it was basically the only treatment I did

the 2nd time around I added Tibetan Nutmeg which also seems to work but you can only buy it in China

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      also get this, I just got a hearing test 2 months ago and the ear i lost 50 db in is actually hearing better

the ear that experienced SHL actually has better high frequency response.

i'm thinking the roids, gingko, vinpocetine etc. targeted the bad ear and actually improved it beyond baseline

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      i didn't get any withdrawal.

I stopped taking it after my tinnitus went away. i was taking 40 mg a day

I do occasionally take 40 mg + magnesium + tibetan nutmeg if I experience loud noises that cause temporary ringing though.. just as a safety precaution.

I did not have much success with the higher dosages anyways. I found 40 mg worked well and I felt results within 1-2 weeks

16. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      I'm taking 120mg of 50:1 extract ratio. Standardized to 24% flavone glycosides, and 6% terpene factones. twice a day, I certainly don't notice it increases my T.

17. birdy

birdy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      look here http://www.schwabepharma.com/products/tebonin/

18. birdy

birdy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      True! Ginkgold is just imported and repacked tebonin. I guess natures way could get busted for this since the dumb asses at Schwabe Pharmaceuticals gave some to the FDA and they rejected it. The Germans naively did not know you have to pay bribes to get drugs to passed FDA approval, no wonder they lost the war lol.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      supplements are not FDA regulated in the US.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe to much noise
      can i ask what ETD means and can you explain it thanks :)

21. Ludvik

Ludvik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      23/11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection + Noise Induced
      Just started taking 60 mg Gingko tonight, will report any results further down the line.

22. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

• Like Like x 1
    23. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Has this helped anyone else ?

24. John Johnson

John Johnson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been taking a US brand of this for two weeks and it hasn't helped me, yet. I am taking 120mg a day of Ginko Biloba (Natures Bounty). I do have some of the German Tebonin ordered from Ebay. Once it gets here, I plan to switch to it. I will keep you guys posted. I have a friend who takes this and she told me it worked for her. I am one of these people who has to see it to believe it, so again, I will keep you posted on my results.

• Like Like x 2
    25. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Please do!

26. John Johnson

John Johnson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I sure will. The delivery date is sometime within the next week. So I should know something in a month or so.

• Like Like x 3
    27. John Johnson

John Johnson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just to update anyone interested.

I am still waiting on my Tebonin to get here. It is late and I am sure it's because of the holidays. I did read on here that one US brand has Egb761 in it. It is brand name, Nature's Way Ginko Biloba. I have also ordered some of it. I will keep you posted on my results.

28. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I am using Lamberts 6000mg tablets , will report.

29. Lift

Lift Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's disease
      This thread was encouraging at first however there seems to be a drought of reviews online regarding the product (tebonin),,, which strongly suggest that there isn't much benefit. I have to believe that if this form of ginko was truly effective, we would see more than a modest trickle of positive reviews on Amazon and elsewhere online.
      I want to be optimistic and may even try the product, however something just doesn't seem right. Even if Tebonin EGP resulted in only a 50% reduction in tinnitus, simple word of mouth between people such as ourselves would be deafening. We couldn't wait to tell each other. And yet, I've just done a search for reviews within the last year and the vast majority of results are sales pitches only.
      I am by nature an optimist, who is reluctantly skeptical for now.
      Any new or recent reviews?
      By the way,,, thanks for the forum!

• Agree Agree x 3
    30. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work

I did the same research and got the same results. Lots of reviews on retails and other sites. Something like 20% said it helped and 80% said it didn't. The most worrying thing was of those who said it didn't help, nearly ALL of them said it made their T worse or gave them Vertigo and sickness. I have no doubt that the original post was in good faith but the results are pretty dire. Damn I hate T today.