My Tinnitus Is Completely Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Boy Helios, Jun 25, 2016.

1. steyrs
      Dramaqueen

steyrs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental care - got teeth cleaned with ultrasound
      Just been reading about Tebonin 120 mg on some german websites.

Just thought I would mention what is said under dosage..

::::
      For supportive treatment of tinnitus:
      Adults 18 years of age should 1 to 2 times daily 1 tablet taking (corresponding to 1 to 2 times daily 120 mg Ginkgo extract)

The supportive treatment should be carried out over a period of at least 12 weeks. If after 6 months no success have occurred, this is not to be expected even after prolonged treatment.
      ::::

Found here: - under dosage (dosierung)
      Have had it run through Google Translate (I'm not that good at german :))

2. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      I can't identify my frequency at all... I even tried to have it professionally matched at a place that specializes in T, and the audiologist got frustrated with me because no single pitch was anywhere near my T, and also, the T in my right ear changes 5 times a second between a low and high pitch, so what the hell am I supposed to say about that?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. ofaisalo
      Balanced

ofaisalo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      What is the possible side effect of using this drug

4. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'm absolutely delighted for you,living proof that T is reversible.

Wishing you many silent nights:)

• Like Like x 2
    5. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Update:

I'm taking Tebonin for about a month now. Started with 80mg, upped to 120mg a few days later and currently I am on 240mg daily. Tinnitus is still present, however on average the volume appears to be consistently lower and somewhat more bearable over the last few days. I've pretty much paused ACRN after about two weeks because it was too intrusive in my daily life as it has to be used for 4-6 hours a day and my current headphones are isolating me too much from the environment. I should look into bone-conducting headphones and see if this works better. If anyone knows some good bone-conducting headphones, please let me know.

Today I seem to have a spike as it's louder than the last few days, but even the spikes are less severe in volume than usual. I don't know if these small improvements are due to the Tebonin, the ACRN i took earlier, some natural improvement or just the inconsistent behaviour of Tinnitus itself. I have to add that my Tinnitus is rather "young", as last July 28th I passed the three month mark.

The only thing consistently the same is the "plugged ear" feeling in my left ear and the popping when swallowing. I have to say it is a very tiresome experience and sometimes it annoys me even more than the Tinnitus itself. It gives the sensation you're not only hearing the Tinnitus, but also feeling it's presence which makes ignoring it even more difficult. I can force changes in "pressure" in the ears by moving my jaw or yawning, but it never feels quite right or "open".

I will continue taking the Tebonin for at least 12 weeks. Question remains; if these small improvements are due to Tebonin, will they be persistent when I'll be getting off the Tebonin? A study I read earlier mentioned the Tinnitus percept returned to former values after treatment cessation.

Logically speaking, if Tinnitus is solely a brain thing, you would say the lower Tinnitus perception would get ingrained into the brain if it's endured long enough for neuroplasticity to take place. Unless the brain still gets some kind of stimuli (possibly from the ear) which can worsen the persistent perception back to former levels after Tebonin cessation.

So, yeah. Interesting journey so far, but too ambigious to attribute any results to Tebonin alone. I'm happy with the perceived lower volume for the time being though...

• Like Like x 1
    6. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I believe a superior product to ginkgo biloba is L-Arginine.
      It has been thoroughly studied and is certified vasolidator.
      Other good things can come from it but this is not the place to discuss about them (y)
      Just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    7. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      If you read the testimonials at Arches, which is essentially the same thing - it needs to be used indefinitely.

That said, studies show it increases neuroplasticity, so theoretically it could help facilitate habituation.

The reality - the pills are unlikely to do much of anything at all.

8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nature's Way Ginkgold available in US is EGB761.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And still highly unlikely to do anything ;)

10. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      @Vinnitus, thanks for the update. I think you are right in that if the tinnitus is getting quieter due to the Tebonin's affect on the brain's neuroplasticity, then there is no reason that stopping the Tebonin would cause the tinnitus to get louder again because the brain has already learned the auditory signals are useless. If you aren't having any bad side effects, you might as well keep going with it. Keep us posted. I may start it again, but I feel like I'm making progress with just time (and a little acupuncture, hypnotherapy, good nutrition and stress control on the side).

The plugged ear is really annoying. I have it too, along with on-and-off again autophony, which is when one hear's one's own voice and it sounds as if it's coming from a tunnel. It all seems to relate to the eustachian tube.

My theory on the clogged eustachian tube is that it is either a) undiagnosed TMJ, which seems unlikely without jaw soreness, but which could still possibly be a cause or b) allergies, imbalanced hormones, chronic sinusitis or maybe even low vitamin D causing inflammation of the tiny tube which in turn traps fluid and causes discomfort and in some cases, infections.

I don't have any answers, but I just wanted to say thanks for the update because I'm following the progress of those who taking Tebonin and Gingkold and am glad your T is somewhat quieter.

For anyone who has Raynaud's, Tebonin/Gingko is supposed to help with that as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Vinnitus
      Tired

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You are welcome! Yeah, some studies seem to suggest egb761 increases neuroplasticity, and if Tinnitus is a sound which is "learnt" by the brain, you would say it can also be "unlearnt" (given time and the right targeted approach). I can however imagine that, if the Tinnitus has been around for longer and longer, the connections made between neural networks in the brain become more established and thus harder to reprogram. This might result in a longer treatment plan in order to "unlearn" it again (perhaps helped by Tebonin to speed up the process). So in the case of ACRN, a more chronic tinnitus might take longer to break up than a tinnitus which has been around for a shorter amount of time. Unless there is some kind of stimulus...

If you combine this with the theory that hearing damage is mostly caused by release of glutamate in the inner ear, which might be the initial onset of this noise, you can come to some interesting thoughts. Maybe this glutamate is the stimulus of the noise in the acute phase, and the glutamate inflammation clears up after some undefined amount of time (maybe this inflammation also accounts for the feelings of ear fullness due to swelling in the cochlea). If this glutamate process takes long enough (perhaps months, described as the acute phase), the brain will take over the noise by neuroplasticity and it becomes established or "centralized" even though the glutamate activity in the inner ear has long since gone. If you think of this...
      • ACRN (for example) might be less effective in the acute phase, as the noise is not yet established and the stimulus (inflammation) in the inner ear is still active, reprogramming the brain in the process.
      • ACRN (or any other brain focused treatment) might be more effective soon after the "acute" phase has ended, the inflammation has cleared up and the tinnitus becomes "centralized" in the brain, but might be most effective (or at least for short term improvements) before the tinnitus becomes "centralized" enough to develop extended neural networks.
      Just some wild thoughts. It just kind of makes sense to me.

Anyway, I hope time will continue to do you well! :) I'm glad to hear you are making some progress as well! My tinnitus is a little louder than usual today, but I'm already familiar with the idea that any tinnitus improvement isn't linear at all so this should be no surprise.

• Like Like x 3
    12. OnkelFritz

OnkelFritz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      If it´s caused from this you surely have the chance to change and improve it by taking other drugs.
      (Unfortunately there is also a chance that it gets worse)

@all

Every T is different. When drug A helps user a it doesn´t mean it will help for everybody. Also keep in mind that the most T will lower over the time without additional treatment.

13. Irish

Irish Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music from nightclub
      Am wondering if it's worth getting this to help my Hyperacusis (my Tinnitus is practically gone now).
      I will be in Switzerland soon and I think you can get it over the counter there.
      Anyone tried Tebonin for their H?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    14. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      you can get this over the counter anywhere. its not scheduled. @Irish, you're an anomoly if you your T has faded and not your H. You're likely to make a full recovery by what I've read as H usually fades away and can be treated successfully over time typically, whereas T cannot.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Terrym

Terrym Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music (I think)
      Guys, please do not blindly believe what someone says on the internet. there is scientific proof that Ginkgo does not work, read the article below

http://www.livescience.com/5998-remember-ginkgo.html

I have a strong feeling that Boy Helios has some financial interest in the company he advocates. He goes on about it a lot, way too much to sound honest and neutral.
      I wouldn't waste my money on the ginkgo for my tinitus

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Terrym

I doubt he has a financial interest. He waited like, 4 months of posting long threads and advocates other stuff as well. He's not wrong in saying that the US market is flooded with fake supplements. There's been a lot of exposure to that. I doubt Ginkgo will do anything, but again, I'll try it.

17. Alexf9454

Alexf9454 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still investigating. TMJ maybe
      3 months of gingko cost around $45 in France (Tanakan, 3 x 40 mg per day, same lab as Tebonin in Germany)...we're not talking about kilobucks LLT machine, so I think it's worth it, even if most of studies are showing too little conclusive effects on T.
      I've tried it, got better without knowing if there's any causality, so...my 2 cents :)

18. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I am eating Ginko like smarties theses days , lets see.

• Funny Funny x 3
    19. John G

John G Member

Haha. Then you may develop tmj

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. Song interpreter
      Creative

Song interpreter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much noise
      I'm glad your audiologist heard you about the tinnitus! The one I saw ignored all references to my tinnitus. During the part of the hearing test where he used static in the good ear to be sure my results were from the bad ear, I told him the static was quieter than my ringing. No comment... When he used the bone conducting hearing aid, why didn't my hearing improve more? It has to be louder than my ringing...

Tinnitus can account for a lot of the sounds I couldn't hear. The sounds have to be louder than the ringing! I'm guessing that the 45 db loss in my left ear is about how loud the ringing is most of the time.

Before I'm fitted for my hearing aid, I want to be sure I'm working with someone who understands tinnitus. I'm not sure which issue is more important, the ringing or the hearing loss. It's about even for me.

21. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      45 db Across all frequencies?

22. Dilshaad

Dilshaad Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection in ear
      Hi Alex

How did your t arise what was the cause of the t?

Kind regards
      Dilshaad

23. Alexf9454

Alexf9454 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still investigating. TMJ maybe
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Adam McGovern

Adam McGovern Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello,
      Sorry my Brain functions are a little stale at the moment, Hence my T and other stresses.
      I am curious if I can get this from the Canadian/American Amazon?
      As well you had mentioned a combination of possible treatments.
      Can you elaborate. Been suffering for many years now, & it seems to be getting louder.
      Thanks & Regards,
      Adam
      P.S Congrats on the healing. :)

25. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Alex, that's great! I read your story. Sounds like you are at about 3 months now and that it's going away.

I am two months in and starting to suspect that my tinnitus might involve some sort of TMJ, as I also have pain above my molars that kind of alternates from side to side. I've seen three dentists who have taken X-rays and haven't identified any cavities, though I do have two fillings already in the area. I thought it might be something called trigeminal neuralgia, but the more I read about TMJ it seems like it might be that.

My problem with the TMJ diagnosis is it seems like any dentist could say "Oh, you have TMJ" and just make some quick bucks by prescribing a night guard that may or may not work. Plus what encompasses TMJ just seems so variable (kind of like T itself).

So I guess my question for you is, and I apologize if you mentioned it, did you get a special night guard or splint or receive any expensive TMJ treatments or are you just trying to control it by controlling stress and anxiety?

I almost with TMJ were the cause of my T, but I also have conductive hearing loss due to two bones that were removed and not replaced during a canal wall down mastoidectomy I had (cholesteatoma removal) 10 years ago. However, I've had this conductive hearing loss (and the two missing bones) for 10 years and no problems and no "T" until two months ago.

I'm two months in and have quiet mornings, medium afternoons and loud nights. There have actually been moments of silence in the morning, but they are fleeting and the T comes back later in the day.

I also have autophony every evening at about 5:00 and ears that pop and feel full mostly when I go outside. I'm getting an allergy test today.

Argh, sorry for the long vent. Had a spike last night and am feeling frustrated. I wish I could just get a hearing aid, but since I have an open mastoid cavity I'm terrified of having the impressions made and not sure it will help anyway.

26. ofaisalo
      Balanced

ofaisalo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      1 week now after using ginkgo 2 capsule per day
      well ill be honest its not useless
      its working very well for me
      still not gone but its barely noticed
      i only can hear it before sleeping and when i wake up

• Like Like x 1
    27. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      Did the prednisone do anything help your T?

28. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      Started with 60mg for a few weeks and then to 120MG.(Of Ginkgold) Been doing this for about a month total now.
      The Ginkgo has improved my attitude and for whatever reason have felt happier while taking it.

As far as T wise, any changes or improvements seem to be not apparent so far. It had gotten to a really great point where my high pitched oscillating flicker was basically 0.5, about a week and a half ago or so. It came back and other sounds with it on and off.
      Hard to attribute anything to Ginko.
      I'll keep taking 120mg for a few more months.

• Like Like x 1
    29. Vinnitus
      Tired

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      A small update here: I stopped taking the Tebonin as I noticed no significant improvements whatsoever and don't think any improvement is to be expected further down the road. I took Tebonin for about 2 months; the first few weeks 80mg daily (2x40), then for about a month I took 240mg daily (2x120). Had some relatively good days, but I guess it's not attributable to the Tebonin, just the nature of T.

I'm currently trying out krill oil and resveratrol supplements. I'm not holding my breath, but let's see where that goes... If nothing helps I'm considering a brain amputation, but that will be my last resort for obvious reasons.

30. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      We went on a road trip so I was away from the forum. Thanks for the updates!

@Vinnitus, I've had some moments this past week where a brain amputation sounded like a great idea. Luckily things have returned to normal. Or sort of. I'm trying out a hearing aid.

@MrBonk, having an improved attitude is not such a bad side effect! Ginkgo is supposed to help with anxiety and improve mood, so if it's working in that way, then good! You are making me want to try it again.

@ofaisalo, that's great that your T is so low right now. Of course the question remains, was it the Ginkgo or would it have gone down anyway? Could have been the ginkgo and could have just been a correlation. Good luck, and I hope your T continues to stay low.