My Trip to Bangkok: Stem Cell Treatment [Comments]

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
    3. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Sorry @monacco

I just want people to go for stem cell treatment but not before checking the clinics thoroughly. I want to do it myself once i gather enough money and i understand the risks and benefits.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      yes the woman died but she had kidney disease to start with

@monacco if your T is unknown why do you think you have some ear damage ?

A lot of people have stress T, bad audiograms but perfect ears

5. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      • Agree Agree x 3
    6. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      That woman unfortunately already had immune disease...

Btw I'm already dead inside with severe tinnitus. I just can't be happy, can't concentrate on anything, can't function.. I'd go for it anyway..

• Like Like x 1
    7. Leon909
      Ape-like

Leon909 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Bobby, where do you get that from? If you have bad audiograms, how can you know if your ears are perfect?

8. Leon909
      Ape-like

Leon909 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I spoke with a doctor friend of mine about the idea of doing stem cell treatment for hearing loss, who is in oncology where they offer stem cell treatments for cancer patients. Her words were: I'm less concerned about the side-effects of stem cell treatments than I am about the side effects of taking retigabine. She said that the treatment is risk-free.

After that conversation I've done a lot of research on potential risks from stem cell treatments. Beside host-graft disease, which may cause some immune reactions to the new cells, there is a risk for cancer patients that the new stem cells turn into malignant cells, thus driving the cancer development. Radiation can also affect / change the stem cells in some way that may not only be beneficial, or even destroy them, making the treatment useless.

However, stem cells are a standard cancer treatment in Europe. Therefore I'd suppose there is a solid evidence base on the side effects.

The post you shared says "At the injection sites, the woman had developed strange lumps and lesions, which turned out to be mixtures of bone-marrow and blood-vessel tissue. Similar lumps had also developed in the liver and one adrenal gland. "

Thus it raises the question of how dangerous local stem cell injections are. IV-infused cells seem to be less of a problem.

9. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      I don't know what is the cause of my T but I know that there is damage some where in my inner ear hair cells or nerves , Stress or other
      things damage exists, and with this therapy I would like to repair what is damaged

• Like Like x 2
    10. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I had another audiogram today(this is my 5th) for the first time the audiologist told me i have hearing loss of 20db at 6000hz..all others audiologist told i have normal hearing...thought this is on normal range for me this is a dip as all other frequenies are below 10 db loss.

6khz is are children and ladies voices
      at and that is where i am uncomfortable and I believe this is the cause of my T.

So stem cells might be useful for me...i will start saving money:greedy:

11. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Didn't you say you cannot hear your tinnitus outside? Or did that change?

12. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Hair cells unlike other cells dont regenerate..so if hair cells are different from other cells in the body does stem cell treatments work for hair cells?

13. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Today, unfortunately I could hear it a bit when I was outside. The most disturbing part about my Tinnitus is the sensation of bit rather than the sound. I can feel electricity inside of my head.

• Hug Hug x 2
    14. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      That sounds a bit contradictory, doesn't it?

15. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Not really - this is what my ENT told me, he sees a lot of patients with work stress related T, the T masks some of the frequencies so on the audiogram they cannot hear it well and it appears as hearing loss dip but once the stress is relieved and T is gone and ...surprise hearing goes back to normal as this was not an inner ear damage but a brain sound processing issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
    16. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

17. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I see. Yes, mine feels like a pissed off nerve. It's hard to describe.

18. Codaz

Codaz Member

Sure the audiogram is also a single point in time measurement and far from spot on as my T fluctuates. About the work related stress T that might be true, but just to sit it out is a way to short conclusion to send people home with. Have paid a lot of bucks for a private ENT that told me this. He overlooked TMJ and facial pain issues.
      Do remember that T can have tons of reasons. Most of them are missed as ENT's think it's an ear issue. Talk to some people who never have been in loud noise and ask them why they have T.

19. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      20db is not hearing loss, unless you are a teenager or someting. Most people over 25 will have a 10-20db dib somewhere on their audiogram.

• Agree Agree x 3
    20. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I guess there no loss as i am 37 but may be there hair cell damage as you need a damage of 30% in Outer hair cells befo3re your hearing loss is noticeble.

21. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      @Hopeful1 did your audiologist check your hearing up to the very high frequencies ( -->16KHz) or you got the routine 'up to 8KHz' test?

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Its NHS who do the standard 8 khz....i did ask for it and they said no......i am in the UK ...... is there anywhere i can get an extended hearing test in the UK?

By the way i dont here anything beyond 12.5khz(this i know by internet test)......audiologist said that is bcoz of age.

23. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It's really unfortunate that most places only deem up to 8kHz necessary. My hearing damage and my tinnitus is all way above that, I could have gotten on prednisone within 48 hours had they not tested only to 8kHz and deemed I was okay. Same with sound regulations set forth by OSHA, it's all based on 8kHz audiograms and threshold shifts in those frequencies. It's like audiology is still stuck in the dark ages.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    24. AAM

AAM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drug probably
      • Like Like x 2
    25. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      • Like Like x 1
    26. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      Then why doesn't everyone over 25 have tinnitus?

I, like many people here, have got good hearing, I fall well within the range. Many, many people have far worse hearing/noise damage than me, and no tinnitus.

But man, I'm in hell. In fact, my "better hearing" ear has louder, low-pitched T than my worse ear.

27. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2686891/pdf/jcn-5-11.pdf

@Vaba

Please read discordant damage theory in page 35 in the above pdf link.

Basically my OHC is damaged with intact IHC...if i can damage my IHC in the same frequencies without further damanging ohc i will be cured...but i dont know how to do it...may by listening to noise at the same frequency untill both my ihc and ohc are completely damaged!!

28. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Too many reasons to list actually, as many as the possible causes for tinnitus.
      WE have tinnitus for a specific, possibly undetermined cause, which might not have anything to do with our hearing. Or we have large dips in the frequencies above 12K which our brain tries to compensate by inducing tinnitus while other people's brain is just wired in a different way and doesn't care about tinnitus at all.
      Or maybe someone has anxiety which manifests as a tinnitus signal - another person's anxiety might cause a stomach ulcer or a back pain. It really is very 'individualized', if such a word exists.

29. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Sounds like the old ads for hair transplants. They left folks with clumps of hair like a barbie doll. No way I would let these guys anywhere near my cochlea lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    30. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      That is very interesting indeed. And I think that this (theory) is absolutely spot on. Its the antagonism between IHC and OHC that is Tinnitus. It makes a lot of sense and would explain alot like hidden hearingloss f.i.
      I think this is what the leading audiograph here in Norway has tried to tell me actually.