Overmasturbation Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by 1-800-273-8255, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Sorry mate.
      But can one discuss masturbation without considering ethics (naughty stuff)
      - and without reference to religious doctrine?
      0770B852-8E1B-4B94-8D06-45C548CE58F1.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Three priests and three young boys are on a boat on the ocean. The boat starts to sink and first priest says, "Save the boys!" The second priest says, "F*ck the boys!" The third priest says, "Do you think we have time?!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overmasturbation????
      @Lane yup I just relapsed again, but I'm better now, it gets better over long streaks and what overpowers my will to die is the simple fact that there are many anecdotal stories that it disappeared after long streaks of NoFap. And for all of you who think I'm trolling, I'm not, think again, I'm being 100% serious. I'm giving my story, of exactly what happened to me for sure, I'm 100% certain now, and if you don't believe me, that's your loss, I'm just trying to save one person from this hell, that's all I need. If I save one person from this hell (I'm not saying you should completely abstain, just don't be excessive), at least I've done something with my life and it's time to move on to a new life eventually, everyone will die.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overmasturbation????
      @just1morething I'm 13 though so I don't really have access to those herbs (I think?), but thank you for your advice, and yes I'm trying to cut back on the nutting, I've been trying for a while, addictions like PMO are insane when you're severely addicted like me.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overmasturbation????
      I got it checked out by a doctor on October 10, 2018 (yes, i was insanely lucky to get an appointment that fast), and he said that everything seems fine blah blah blah there may be hidden hearing loss blah blah blah he saidm "I sometimes use a white noise machine at night to help me sleep." "You'll eventually get used to it." I got a really good and caring ENT.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overmasturbation????
      i was really depressed and i was listening to the song by logic caleld 1-800-273-8255 because i was really depressed and i just put it as my username too i dont know why. Also, if you think it's bogus and you think I'm trolling, think what you want I can't stop you, but at least hear me out when I'm saying I'm actually telling my story, this isn't a troll, I swear, and I'm serious that this is actually happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overmasturbation????
    8. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Not a chance.

And Lololol. One group does the tantric sex while the other placebo group gets, what exactly?

There are no serpent forces coiled up at the base of your spine. Sex without orgasming does not wake them up to spiral up your spine to your pineal gland. It is all pure nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overmasturbation????
      nah try reading some of the links the others posted on this thread

• Genius Genius x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overmasturbation????
      unfortunately not, i'm actually being deadass, 100% serious, read the links others have posted, and if i still can't convince you that i'm being 100%, then idk what to do

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overmasturbation????
      if you were to do a double-blind experiment, i dont know why but some bodies are just different than others, and have different "abuse tolerance levels" forsay. i think this is in the same respect as people can go to insanely loud rock concerts every week of their life, and have perfect hearing, and some people get tinnitus after one concert, just the same way, i think the different bodies have different tolerance levels, and as i've found out, i guess i'm not very tolerant point being i think you would have to do a stratified random sampling before randomly assigned to treatment group(s) and control group, although i do agree with double-blind as that is the best surefire experiment to draw a causal relationship

12. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A legend in your own mind? Maybe so if the ENT seen you that quick.

How did the Vikings end up with Cousins and his insane salary? He didn't seem that great in his first year anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    13. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, it's all pure nonsense until it happens you I guess. Not really interested in continuing this conversation. It's not like I have a dog in this "fight".

14. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So If I have sex without orgasming then snakes will crawl up my spine and chew on my pineal gland?

15. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have pondered this myself and I don't think celibacy is the core issue here. In the middle ages it was common for Popes and priests to have girlfriends. The argument that a lack of heterosexual sex can turn a man into homosexual pedophile doesn't add up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think he means a disproportionate amount of homosexuals were allowed to become priests without being screened first.

17. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Um. How do you screen for homosexuality?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Nope, it's a bit more nuanced than that. Why don't you take 15 minutes to google it if you're interested. The snake is quite obviously I must say, a metaphor... The snake is associated with the spine in many traditions.

19. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I suppose just ask them and hope they tell the truth. There is a shortage of priests nowadays. I grew up Catholic so I know about the damage it caused along with bankruptcies in many dioceses.

Just allowing priests to be able to get married would solve a lot of the problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The Orthodox Church allows marriage and they don't have the child rape plague. However, I think it goes even deeper than that.

21. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      More than one editor of the New England Journal of Medicine has come out to say that kind of thing. Marcia Angell is one of them, she’s written a book that is worth reading.

Still, the scientific method and process are all we have. I still use published evidence to make decisions, I just view it with a sceptical eye.

• Like Like x 1
    22. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So what exactly happens when the snakes uncoil?

23. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      From what I've read, masturbating a lot (especially if you watch p0rn) is way different and can easily mess up your dopamine levels and other stuff. There's a whole subreddit with half a million subscribers dedicated to it (r/nofap)

• Informative Informative x 1
    24. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think you actually care about this, but the Kundalini snake metaphor is pretty well documented and it's very very easy to educate yourself on this stuff if one is legitimately interested.

These practices have been around for thousands of years. By itself, that's got zero value, since things like "genocide" and "tinnitus" have also existed for thousands of years. But, I think the reason any of this is interesting -- my experience is that most people in capitalist societies aren't actually very self-aware in terms of how happy they are, who they really are, and what actually makes them happy. The human tendency is just to drift from shiny light to shiny light, in love with each distraction. Awareness practices are a panacea to that kind of total lack of self-insight.

That said -- Kundalini is on the more extreme end. Just as it's possible to sort of "break your brain" with LSD or something and have a real psychotic break and have problems for a long time after, well, really intense meditative practices are hitting a lot of the same buttons, and while they are less likely to end in an ER, I've definitely read stories of people having very intense, very long term problems just from doing something like attempting an intense 10-day Vipassanna retreat with zero training. Vipassana is very easy going and lightweight compared to Kundalini.

I see a difference between "sustainable", gentle practices that are just trying to slightly augment or improve quality of life, and really intense practices that are basically trying to push people into having some kind of peak experience as quickly as possible. I think the latter is dangerous.

• Winner Winner x 1
    25. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So..... what happens?

26. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      for you? I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

I have maybe a few hundred hours of experience, between conventional kinds of sitting meditation and yoga, and mindfulness-based dream work. Maybe a thousand, but probably not. I have had some very interesting, very personal experiences, some related to tinnitus, many not. So, I have some slight idea what these practices do in my life.

I'm not going to tell you what to expect, because I don't know, and most people don't actually bother putting in the work anyway because it turns out it's much, much easier to read whitepapers about the neurological correlates of meditation than it is to just do the work every day for an extended period of time.

Hearing about my "very personal" experiences might or might not be interesting at all to you, because you're not me, and the things I've experienced and found interesting may seem alien or banal to you.

• Like Like x 2
    27. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think most people in the West ever heard of Kundalina. I know I haven't. Is it supposed to help you deal with your tinnitus better in some way or another?

28. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Among other things, intense physical sensations/"hallucinations" like fire or cold coursing through the body. Colors and patterns seen when closing the eyes. This is often extremely harsh if you're not prepared for it. I feel really bad for those who have it spontaneously happen to them here in the west. It looks like psychosis from the outside probably and it's sometimes called that here in the west.

Kundalini awakening usually means that non-dual perception is introduced. Meaning, the person might not have a sense of self anymore. Instead feeling one with the universe or seriously weirded out.

Some people describe a constant feeling of not being alone, or being with something/someone. Many say they feel that Kundalini has a distinct personality that you then have to comply with

Everything is amplified to a great extent, for good or for bad.

Once it fully happens it's irreversable.

• Informative Informative x 2
    29. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Like a psychedelic experience. Got it.

30. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      My understanding is the the original decree that priests couldn't marry (I think around 900 AD or so) was NOT because it was deemed to be an antithesis to biblical teaching, but because of something FAR more pragmatic. Leaders in the church were concerned that priests--upon death--were leaving "church property" to their families, instead of to the church. -- Can't have that!

• Informative Informative x 1