Phosphatidylcholine Is Working for Me

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by sonicboom2000, Oct 28, 2015.

1. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Your already get choline from your diet which your body converts to Phosphaditylcholine , I doubt taking more of something your body is already getting will make a difference.

2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Tell that to ppl with neurodegenerative disorders ie motor neuron disease i know of who are responding to iv phosphatidylcholine☺

3. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      IV?
      Do you know how much they're giving to people? I wonder how many pills that will translate into...

4. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

3 days 420mg x 3, No changes in my T.

I take Magnesium, Vit D, Vit B, CoQ10, Omega 3 DHA.

Maybe is too soon.

5. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      I will think that 3 days is too little to tell. Maybe taking it for a month at the least? hahaha.

6. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

Yea.. i take this 1 month with phosphatydilserine (100mgx3) and see that effect have in my T.

7. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      @Albertus yeah. keep the community updated. anything that helps is good!

8. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Go into nutritional ketosis and reverse the damage done by your antidepressant.

What u are doing is just a hack.

• Funny Funny x 1
    9. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

Two weeks and cero improvements.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unfortunately my Tinnitus has returned back to previous levels. I went to my ENT this week and he said it was probably placebo effect that he doesn't believe vitamins works because it is the little hairs in your ear. Sorry to everyone.

• Hug Hug x 2
    11. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      it`s not because it is in eggs you have the same effect ... quantity matters and also like this it does not need to be created through digestion ...

12. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      it`s not the little hairs in your ears ... it`s the brain ... go and teach your ENT this at least... barbarians everywhere!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      How long did the effect last?

15. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

Damn news... Are you taking any quimic medication? How Benzodiazepine or Antidepressants?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I don't take an antidepressant but I'm on Latuda and trileptal for Bipolar. I also take provigil for sleep apnea.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Doesn't acoustic noise damage the hairs? How would it damage the brain. What evidence says its the brain?

18. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Starts in the ears , brain tries to compensate for the damage and fails.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. liquefact
      Balanced

liquefact Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/25/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Indoor Rock Concert
      I was on/off Phospatidyl Choline & 5-HTP for 1 week. The reason i stopped using it was i felt it was not as effective as before even though i was not as concerned as 1 month ago. So i stopped and maybe because i started monitoring T after that much more, i had a brief increase for 1 day. Later i did not care.

2 days after, i had a bad day and decided to use again. Took one of each and had a very quiet T on thanksgiving evening. It was awesome and this was even though the environment was very loud.

After that i stopped using again, saw a increase in T, not too much. Still not using it for 2 days. I'll try again probably on Wednesday, to see the effect.

My guess is, even though it's hard to conclude, it helps. But body/brain develops resistance to drug very quickly and you need to increase the dosage. Also the helping effects wear away very quickly, at most 1 day after stopping it, T increases.

I know that this is not something we were expecting, but at least we have something else in our toolbox that we can employ in our desperate moments. This is why i'm planning not to use it by default, only when i'm squeezed in the corner.

20. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I suspect its the 5 htp over the phosphatidylcholine that helped you

21. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @nills The people who should be working in ENT are the people who have tinnitus..... And that's a fact.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. liquefact
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      09/25/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Indoor Rock Concert
      Correct. I always took them both along with multivitamin supplements, 2 of each / day. Never had Phospatidyl Choline or 5-HTP alone.

23. liquefact
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      09/25/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Indoor Rock Concert
      It's been almost 1 week since i stopped using Phosphatidyl Chloline and 5-HTP and can easily say that my T loudness remained stably higher than last week.

Tomorrow i'll start using them again and see whether i'll work or not.

My grand plan is finding multiple sets of helping treatments/supplements (at least 2) and use them in alternate so that when i develop resistance to one of them (A) i can switch to the other one (B). When B stops working after some time, then switch back to A again or hopefully C, D so on.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    24. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
    25. Albertus
      Killer

Albertus Member

3 weeks and still no have improvements, this stuf dont work for me.

26. Vonzi

Vonzi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have damaged my liver by using high doses of vitamin b3 (niacin) what caused tinnitus. Long term use of antidepressants do the same thing. After taking phosphatidylcholine for about 2 months my tinnitus have disappeared. The dosage ranged from 1500mg - 2500 mg a day. So I stopped taking phosphatidylcholine and everything was good until I started eat junk food and drink alcohol. Tinnitus came back to the same level.

When You takes phosphatidylcholine consider dosage and diet aswell.

27. JamesAshe

JamesAshe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tryptophane
      One night several years ago I took some Tryptophane to try to help me sleep...I had developed insomnia.

I went to sleep quickly but woke up in a couple of hours feeling hot and with a terrible ringing in my ears.

It has not stopped to this day though the intensity has lessened-- it flares up to the extreme level occasionally but not that often.

All my doctors at that time said it was incurable....they gave me no hope...said that I would just have to learn to live with it.

I went to the V.A. and they provided me with a machine that makes a white noise (ocean surf and frogs singing) to suppress the ringing in my ears. It does help especially when I am trying to sleep.

Acupuncture has helped me tremendously though expensive.

Fortunately, I have found a place in St. Petersburg, Fl. where I live that has a community acupuncture facility...a few of them are scattered over the country. You just make a small donation like 15 dollars, which is much better than the
      Chinese lady was charging me...like 80 dollars a visit.

I have also used some herbs that have helped...nutmeg being one of the better ones...but you must be cautious with it. Too much and you will get hallucinations.