Pipeline Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Research News' started by FGG, Nov 14, 2019.

1. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music consumption plus acoustic trauma.
      You feel nothing but your ear being filled with liquid. Just like when water enters there. I participated in the AM-101 trial and was really scared about the procedure (intratympanic injection) and then realized it was nothing.

BTW, when is it realistic to think these drugs will be available for the general public?

2. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      I had no idea that you were in the AM-101 trial. Did you notice anything different with your tinnitus, was it better, worse or the same?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I participated being near the end of the three months time limit they set for acute stage. Thing was Christmas got in the middle of all the appointments and holidays made it impossible for me to get the injections administrated as the protocol marked. I was able to do it but the clinic was closed. A mess. Then I'll never know if what I got in the first round was the actual drug or if I fell in the placebo group.

Later, almost at my 6 months mark after onset, I received the real deal. Two rounds. Both ears. Neither improvement nor worsening. No changes at all. Just one night in between injections I experienced a couple of hours of total silence but it is something that happens to me (not for that long) right before falling asleep or waking up for a visit to the toilet. It seems sleep has some funny effects on my tinnitus.

After all and through my personal experience, I consider AM-101 to have been a total failure and a waste of funds and means.

Hope we don't go through the same story with FX-322.

• Informative Informative x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I feel like AMPA receptor blockers would have value very acutely but I can't see it helping after that point because the glutamine surge would have done it's damage at that point. Just my opinion. I think there was probably little chance it would help long term. I personally think it would be universally helpful if given the first few weeks but since most tinnitus fades during that time it would be hard to prove without a crystal ball it was better than placebo.

FX-322 has shown to regrow hair cells in a surgically removed living cochlea and improve hearing with the small dose used phase 1. I'm way more optimistic about it.

• Informative Informative x 3
    5. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I publicly declare myself a total fan and follower of your posts! Always feel gratitude for your input and keeps me feeling sober in the middle of all this confusion and suffering.
      It has to be tough to remove a cochlea from its place as it sits encrusted in a thick hard boney part of our skulls. It is amazing to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      FGG
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. Ben S
      Curious

Ben S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      I decided that I am 100% going to go for this clinical trial if they allow those who receive placebo to later receive the real deal (unlike Otonomy). I anxiously await some news on Phase 1...

• Like Like x 4
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      FGG
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Anyone know if their presentation at Leernik can be accessed somewhere?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    9. Jaysterk
      Blah

Jaysterk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      And you, young Ben Skywalker; we shall watch your career with great interest.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1