Poll: If Your Tinnitus Went Away, What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Support' started by GSC, Apr 6, 2019.

?

If your tinnitus went away, what would you do?

1. Take it as a lesson learned, and completely remove myself from all things dealing with tinnitus.

2. Make it known that you had a tinnitus remission, stick around and advocate.

3. Never speak a word of it, and leave Tinnitus Talk.

4. Never speak a word of it, nor aid others on Tinnitus Talk.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      The option I wanted wasn't here, so I just answered the closest thing. I would let everyone know about my remission, then I would probably make a long video where I talk about the struggle, the ups and downs, what actually cured me and all the things I tried. I would give some warnings, some advice and so on. Then I would never post again, but I would check in from time to time to keep in touch with a few people I have come to care a great deal about in this forum. But in order to protect my own well-being and continue being in remission, stopping to think about tinnitus on a regular basis would be part of it yeah.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      If I do ever recover I may stay away from this site for awhile and when I’m ready I will talk about it on a YouTube video and come back to this forum.

I think the PTSD from this condition will last forever.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      Say, is that Scarlett Johansson? :D

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Yes lol.

5. Robster
      Irritated

Robster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jan 2021 MRI, Worsened Nov 2021 Vaccine, Oct 2023 Smoke Alar
      Aren't options 3 & 4 the same? What I would do is write a success story and leave for a few months.

6. Keith Handy
      Ape-like

Keith Handy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + sleep deprivation + noise
      I would have deeply newfound appreciation for everything I ever had in life, including all the stuff I complained about. I had no idea how good I had it. I would remind myself to always think of that before bitching about things. After all the distortions and hallucinations this past February I thought "if I get through this I'm doing a freakin' TED Talk." I won't literally do a TED Talk, but the sentiment is there.

I wish you all success and progress.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. roy1159
      Suicidal

roy1159 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL from working in a noisy cafe' for 2 years
      First, I would thank the gods for the fact that I'm healthy and able to do anything I want to and be part of society. Then I would start my life as I planned — going to my dream university and starting from there.

I'm maybe biased, but debillitating tinnitus and hearing problems (which are unexplained) are far worse in your 20s when starting life as you haven't achieved anything; at least older people were able to experience normal life for a decade or two.

I really wish at least I would have it mild so I could at least live something resembling a normal life.

• Agree Agree x 5
    8. DRobi

DRobi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Presbycusis
      Ditto all of this... perfectly stated.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Robster
      Irritated

Robster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jan 2021 MRI, Worsened Nov 2021 Vaccine, Oct 2023 Smoke Alar
      Honestly I would be so happy I would try and breakdance for the first time in 15 years!

• Like Like x 3
    10. Gman45

Gman45 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/13/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion or ETD
      DRobi - I know we are not there yet, but one can only hope. I still hold out hope against odds that my brain will filter out this noise someday. Hope Is a good feeling whether it's rational or not.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      I would stand in front of a massive speaker, and dance like I’ve never danced before!
      (Not sure what the first song would be - maybe AC/DC Highway to Hell, which would be ironic. Or FNM’s Epic).

Anyway, I would 100% stick around to help others on Tinnitus Talk. I would feel it a moral duty to. And, I would want to. I actually quite like it here. We are all bruised and broken, but have a lot of kindness and love amongst us.

• Like Like x 2
    12. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      I think about this nearly every single day.

The unending torture would of course be over. I could focus on enjoying all the little things in life. But, let's face it, I'll never be the person I once was. The damage has been dealt. I'd most likely live my life in fear of it ever returning.

I wouldn't play in bands anymore. Spends days at Disneyland with my daughter. Take a date to the movies or for a drink after dinner. Cruise the coast on my motorcycle. Enjoy a day at the fair.

Life would undoubtedly be incredibly better than currently, and there are so many other amazing things I could venture into... probably mostly outdoor activities. But I'd need a lot of time to mourn who I was and figure out who I am going to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I had almost full remission after 2 and a half years with one spike a year later for a week.

I almost immediately went back to my old normal. Thought very little about it and didn’t go near Tinnitus Talk. For me I just wanted to forget that horrible time and get on with life.

I wish I had occasionally posted my success story as I might have come on during 2021 and seen the stories of tinnitus arising from the COVID-19 vaccine.

Unfortunately I wasn’t aware that the vaccines could actually cause tinnitus in those who had had it before.

I took the Pfizer shot in late November and have had debilitating tinnitus ever since. So there is another, perhaps selfish reason, why you should keep abreast of things on Tinnitus Talk.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Start banging models on my yacht around the world.

...oh wait, no, that's what @Outlaw would do. My bad.

sorry.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
    15. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

If my tinnitus went away at this point, all I can say is that it would make sitting around in plugs and muffs somewhat easier to deal with due to noxacusis. :cry:

• Hug Hug x 2
    16. Alvise
      Lurking

Alvise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acustic Trauma in childhood with onset after 26 years
      I'd go sleep.

• Hug Hug x 2
    17. sensualmosquito
      Confused

sensualmosquito Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      6-8 khz HL, T and H from gunshots
      I'd get the nicest headphones I could find and blast Tame Impala, Beach House, Windows 96, HOMESHAKE, Mac Demarco, Hector Gachan, Andy Shauf, The Marias, Bach, Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, Interpol, Kevin Krauter, Inner Wave, Anderson Pak, TOOL, Alex G, Temporex, STRFKR, Sports... You get the idea lol. And everything else so I could hear it normally again.

I'd savor every single moment of normal hearing. At this point I've kind of forgotten what it was like to even be normal really.

I'd go to the mountains, go hiking like I did in the summers before this all happened to me. GOD I felt good then.

I hope one day I can have a semblance of that once more.