Punched in Ear. Will My Tinnitus Go Away?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ZachB, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      You don't know that for a fact. You should look at the success stories I sent you for the cases that were caused by drugs, rather than acoustic trauma.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In the worst case scenario, there's still hope:

3. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probs too late for this round, but sent Regain my details.
      upload_2019-2-19_10-0-23.png

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I got a new problem. Hypercausis is in full force and every few seconds I need to swallow my saliva and my left ear pops which hurts now. Don’t know how I’ll sleep, my tongue is moving in my mouth then I swallow my saliva and my left ear drum pops which hurts. Every few seconds this happens for me to stay alive and breathe. Got Rxd an anti inflammatory but popping of ears this often isn’t normal.

Otherwise my tongue moves back and forth. I can’t just let it relax and my left ear pops which hurts.

I really hope I didn’t destroy my ears with this ototoxic drug. When my ears pop it hurts. Could potentially not sleep at all from this situation unless an ENT knows what’s up.

https://www.audicus.com/ear-noises-explained/

Might have messed up my ears with this ototoxic drug. They’re pretty sensitive right now.

Tinnitus is louder like an ambulance ....probably from ototoxicity. Dunno the ears were ringing for a while last night.

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm still new to this game, but my understanding is that most cases of hyperacusis improve dramatically or completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think this drug despite low dose did some damage to my ears. Hypercausis is very present
      I now have unbearably loud high pitches and alarming T. Woke up this morning and it’s just this constant barrage of alarm and the pulse on my ears is weaker. Dunno if this Is from the med destroying my hearing but it’s horrifyingly high pitch. Not much room for error and it’s already unbearable.

How the hell does one week mess up my hearing completely

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It’s high pitch static in both ears I can still hear but there’s hardly any sound when I put my left ear on my pillow and there’s the alarm ambulance in the background

I’m gonna go insane from this

No one believes me and says go see an audiologist

High pitch super high pitch in both ears it’s painful and air entering my left ear

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Send them to this forum...

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My life is screwed. I didn’t follow up with an ENT and now have persistent tinnitus with sirens and static noise and pain in my ear. All cause I didn’t take action in the past week

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      T is impossible to forecast. It is possible (likely?) that you will feel better several months from now. You need to be patient and do what you can to not panic. Remember, there is a connection between stress and T. The T you are hearing now might be louder as a result of the terrible stress that you have been struggling with. It is easy to give in to terror and to lose it. Try to fight it, try to not give in...

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      But this T is static in my ear and sirens. How do I work a job with T that bad? Static is hurting my ears so much and comes on out of no where. Air going into my ear cause of possible damage the ototoxicity did and cause I took one last dose and didn’t stop the med a day earlier.

I listened to a family member who said to take a dose and listen to my MD for tapering off made this whole situation unmanageable for me

And this T is for life so those are big things

So much regret of everything including not listening to the ENT on not taking the med <of 3> cause it causes T and not following up before the T with sirens became unmanageable

My family was saying I’m exaggerating or just deal with it and I listened without remembering that ototoxicity is happening to MY only pair of ears which hurt now and that if I don’t do something soon the T can get worse and I’ll be stuck with it which happened

My not going back to ENT like even 3 days earlier made my life a living nightmare, it was less high pitched and super quiet a few days ago now it’s louder than most sounds

I had a bright future but how will that happen with T like this fighting against my ability to think and work

Waiting to see my MD despite ear pain instead of listening to forum posters who said to stop the med. Who were right .

How do you work a professional job when the anxiety from 3 different sirens in your head is grabbing your attention and changing pitches over 5-7 seconds

If only I didn’t post here so much and did something...now life is so damn hard just cause of 1 week of taking in a medication when all the warning signs it wasn’t good were there way before any tinnitus started And this stuff is permanent sounds and sensations

The static hitting my ears with crickets sounds is horrible probably from not stopping the med after all those bad side effects and letting myself experience pain taking Tylenol, listening to stupid family instead of going to ER and waiting for the MD to tell me to stop which he did really quickly so I messed up big time all in 1 week

12. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There's no reason to think you won't improve and that you won't be able to do great things in life. It's still early days for your T.

Do you have friends you could maybe hang out with?

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My ears rang from my medication probably for 2 weeks and I let them ring to the point of pain so now I have multiple sounds all super high pitched more than ever possible my ears hurt and I think I damaged my hearing big time by letting the med cause my ears to ring without stopping it

If my T got any worse I’d only hear a course harsh continuous sound that would destroy anyone.

It’s louder than anything possible, all from letting my ears ring to the point they rang for hours on their own and didn’t stop TIL bad hearing damage was now done

Spikes happen immediately and there’s a new monotone siren. I stayed with family and wasn’t thinking rationally and may have further damaged my ears that now I hear static and am super sensitive to every sound. Spikes have a super high pitch continuous tone that’s horrifying worst thing I ever heard. I can tell I did major hearing and ear damage by staying on the med it’s obscures every sound

From perfect hearing to that all in a few weeks. And just from starting one med and not stopping it until it was too late

They ring in a quiet apartment from air entering the ear canal which doesn’t normally happen....they don’t stop ringing all cause I took one last dose yesterday stupidly listening to a family member

It’s really late days for my T cause of how much damage has been done without giving my ears a break and stopping the med when I noticed static sounds or super high pitches or new sounds

It’s louder and harsh and static and louder than some construction buzzing outside way louder. I messed up my hearing big time by not stopping the med

14. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You don't know that you've damaged your hearing, that's speculative.

Are you seeing a counsellor of some sort?

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For sure it did. My ears hurt and closing a door knob hurts my ears now. Before I let my ears ring from the med I had no hypercausis and no harsh tone high pitch continuous ringing that does not stop

Can they even recover?

Walking out into nature all I hear is ringing. :( everywhere. My family member convinced me to stay home at night as my ears rang for 2 weeks and now I see day light and my ears are ruined and ringing harsh noises everywhere and pain

I’m so mad at myself this is the first time I really go outside in a few weeks on my own and I’m fucked! My ringing is louder than everything around me

As loud as the subway fuck I’m so screwed for the rest of my life

Sirens and high pitched ringing harsh sound everywhere I go. If that’s not from hearing loss idk what is

I had perfect hearing a few weeks ago But meds made my ears ring and I didn’t stop the medication. Prob for 2.5-3 weeks. Now when I press on my eardrum it’s a constant harsh static pitch coming out.

I was stupid and didn’t make it a priority to run to the hospital about it or sharp tones. I took Tylenol extra strength when they hurt like a huge idiot

Ears spike at everything and it’s like this is a constant background sound for my entire life

On the subway it’s there super loud as the subway car is moving

How I’ll sleep in my quiet room? It’s gonna drive me insane

Pressing a button on my phone hurt my ear

On the subway the sirens are louder than people’s conversations. Quality of life is ruined. This is T at it’s worst levels.

The freaking sirens are from the ringing going on constantly and me not stopping the medication !!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Not necessarily...

Also, see
      You are (understandably!) allowing yourself to give in to the terror and horror of it all. You could make it easier on yourself if you make an effort and attempt to calm yourself down. Try to not think about the future. For now, tell yourself that this is only temporary. When you hear T, instead of telling yourself that you want to get away from it, but can't, try to think about something else. I realize that this is easier said than done, but trust me that this is coming from someone who has lived through similar experiences. I won't say that I had succeeded in following this advice, but I was able to partially follow it and I do agree/believe that following this advice will increase the chances that your T will get quieter and that you will survive this ordeal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This was completely avoidable and now my life is gonna be pure hell for no reason than I didn’t go to the hospital and stop the medication.

And I again listened to a stupid family member over and over on not going to the hospital for the ringing that now my life is worse than ever

18. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Don't beat yourself up. In my early days after the onset, my guilt had also provided as much negative emotions as my T. Eventually these thoughts will stop being as disturbing (just like if you repeat the same joke multiple times a day for several months, eventually it will stop being funny). It is not productive to torture yourself with guilt - you need all of the mental strength that you can get.
      For what it is worth - that person didn't mean to harm you... Next time, don' ask them for an advice!

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      All I hear is static and sirens at home too this is ducking horrible

I had a hospital close by to me and an ENT.

Closing the bathroom door hurt my ears how did this happen to me I had perfect hearing a few weeks ago now I’m toast and always anxious

The sirens sound was probably hearing loss

• Hug Hug x 2
    20. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exactly and 100% the same. I got T from loud music, which is entirely preventable, unlike assault. Also before I realised that I had T due to a hearing loss, for at least a few days I continued to listen to music on headphones. Big mistake. My T reacted and got way worse. If I'd been on this board and gotten some knowledge, I would've asked for prednisone and plugged up in loud environments. Who knows, I could've been further on in recovery now. You can't live life looking backwards.
      You don't know if you've lost hearing. Btw, it might interest you that one of the members of this forum had 85db tinnitus and saw significant improvement using one of the devices currently being developed by the University of Michigan. Don't lose faith that people are working towards helping us and you can still experience fading.

• Like Like x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It’s now louder than ever and ototoxic drugs can make T louder. Idk wtf I’m gonna do to habituate this is impossible. All. Cause of a medication all cause I didn’t listen to the ENT or go back in time.

My life is ruined from that the masking sounds don’t even drown out this high pitched ringing

• Hug Hug x 1
    22. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Use the masking sound to give yourself something else to listen to besides T, as opposed to drowning out T...

• Like Like x 1
    23. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How are you today, Zach?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    24. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You might find this to be helpful, @ZachB This lady got her T as a result of a concussion.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ZachB

ZachB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update....not much has changed in fact it may have gotten worse. My T when it started was only audible when my ear hit the pillow. Add in 4-5 ototoxic drugs and it’s like 1.5 months later I had moderate/severe T hopefully temporarily and insane stress anxiety.

I was stupid to get back on a benzo but my anxiety was at critical levels over this. Kinda had to. Tapering off now.

Still exposed myself to ear buds and iPhone volume loud which caused many spikes hopefully temporarily.

Did valsalva maneuver many times and well....T had naturally HEALED in my right ear on its own. Valsalva brought T back to my right ear and LOUD. So depressing.

I’m hoping that now I’m aware and serious about my recovery =no earbuds no loud noises no ototoxic meds= That I still have a chance for my T to fade, it was literally healing before I impulsively did valsalva maneuver.

I’m just hoping for the future. I find hotels with nice AC systems drown out the T a lot but still need masking sounds at bed time