Ready to Go

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nicola8478, Jun 8, 2018.

1. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Nicola is a female.

2. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      So sorry. Thank you Ann. Too late to edit....

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Thank you everyone. Rough night. It’s very loud and brutal again which it never used to be so I’m quite scared this is side effects that won’t go. Keeps going over and over on my mind I shouldn’t have started again cus now this. But thank you for you messages xxx

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      @Nicola8478

Thank you for 'checking in' with us. I'm sorry you're having such a rough night. I hope things get better soon.

5. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      @Nicola8478

Mask the noise and give it time, once you get off the medication it should hopefully just be a temporary spike. Dont listen to doctors, dont even bother trying to get help from them they are useless. I totally get how you must feel but it might not be permanent. Battle it as long as you can, and dont take any meds again no matter what they are. I don't like people telling me what to do but i'm just trying to help. Talk to your Dad about how you feel no matter how hard it might be, just be honest with him. It might not be more damage just a reaction to the medication which is allowing the T to dominate. Stay strong think positive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Thank you everybody. I woke up again and it’s blasting. I’m so scared. I really think I need to stop the meds. I was on them month should I just leave them now or ween? Thank you. As I say I haven’t taken any for a few days now. So sorry be a pain but I’m really not sure I can cope with this at all it’s so bad. Just stopping may make it stick or putting more in my system may be dangerous

7. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Nicola8478
      I think you need to stop beating yourself up about taking the meds. You needed to try something. It may just be a temporary side effect, and as the withdrawal progresses, the tinnitus and hyperacusis will subside.
      I think that tinnitus is a common side effect of benzo withdrawal, and I have read that it subsides for a lot of people.
      It's so hard when you are in the thick of it, and I wish there was something else I could tell you to help.
      I had to take meds too, and so many people with tinnitus who got it from loud music, or something they could have not done would feel the same as you. But the reality is you didn't know this was going to happen when you took the meds.
      You could try passionflower which is a natural anti-anxiety supplement. It might help calm you a little and also help with sleep.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      @Samantha R that’s trouble
      I think meds made like this in the first place so I just made myself worse when I should have known better and I can’t get over it. Same thing again this morning. Dad screaming at me when I tried to explain. Called me a little bitch.
      And I’m ruining his life. This is why I see no other way out. This is no life. Thank you everyone x

9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Nicola8478 ,
      Amitryptaline and Nortryptaline can help tinnitus for some people but I think the benzo withdrawal caused the spike.
      I would go to your out of hour doctors or Your own doctor on Monday.
      It does sound like missfiring signals.
      Keep soft relaxing music on around you and try to stay calm as it will calm down again.
      Keep posting on here and try get out for a walk take your mind off it a little.
      Your brain is still getting use to no benzo's and on top of that he AD and your anxiety must be high also.
      If you took the AD this morning and one tomorrow then see your doctor monday xxx

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
    11. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Why do you continue to stay in that house?

It sounds like such a toxic environment, i'd try to not be in such an environment.

12. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      @Nicola8478: Are you going through benzo withdrawal? You didn’t mention that. Did you sleep?

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      @Anselmo Yes I’m sorry I didn’t. The Mirtazapine has had a terrible effect on my T and H and I just don’t know to do. If this is a permanent spike I can’t live with it it's too much. No I didn’t sleep. Maybe an hour and it was so loud and brutal when I woke up. Nothing had changed. That went on all night. It’s so high pitched I can’t cope. Noise goes in. It all goes quiet then it slowly gets louder to torture me.

14. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      @Nicola8478: Did you try the 7.5? This dosage is off brand, and is recommended for sleep, not necessary for depression. But you will feel so much better, since you will be sleeping. Give it a try, and stick with it. Your other choice is to stick it out, and just not take anything, as many people have suggested. I would choose the former myself.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Nicola8478

I hope things are getting better for you today.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      So sorry to hear that. Feel free to Pm me if you ever want someone to talk too.

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Try masking it. If your H can take this, you may want to try these sounds out.

For high pitched tinnitus, you can try sounds of heavy rain, cicadas, waterfall, waves, wind, blue noise, even shower or faucet sounds. Here are audio clips good for high pitched T. Set the volume low first and then increase to the level you feel comfortable while your H is still ok.

version with the beep tone:
      MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY 1...

version without the beep tone:
      MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY (No...

Some members reported that they can't hear their high pitched T when this masking sound is on. You can play it from computer speakers at a distance, or run it on a smart phone. If you run this on PC, you can extend playing time by right clicking the video and then choose LOOP. This should repeat it.

Don't use headphone for this though as its high pitch sound may hurt at close range. This is not a perfect solution but at least it can block your high pitched T to give you some break.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    18. New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Good morning Nicola. It's morning here. Not sure what time it is where you are. Hope you're having a good day.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1