Really Need Help Here. So Worried.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JoshuaD2002, Apr 12, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      14 DAYS IN UPDATE:

Left ear STILL rings. Perhaps quieter at times? Hard to tell. Still not sure how it could be noise induced!

After another period of greatly heightened anxiety, I actually started having bad pulsating tinnitus in the right ear! Luckily it went away quickly but there seems to be another ringing in the right ear now. Very similar to the ringing noise in the left but slightly different. Again, straight after severe stress.

Anyway my left ear still rings. I'm still confused as to how this happened. Any advice opinions or support appreciated.

Josh

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry to be pestering you but I've just woken up and the ringing is pretty bad now. I don't really understand why? Could it be the severe stress from the day before? Tinnitus really is unpredictable...

3. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Could definitely be stress. Did you sleep enough? Stress, anxiety, anger, other strong negative emotions, being tired, being dehydrated, all those things could cause spikes... some people say their tinnitus is usually worse in the morning and gets better during the day, for others it’s the opposite.

Bad posture could also cause a spike for some. If you’re studying a lot, always hunching over your books, this can put a lot of pressure on your neck and cervical spine.
      Some people grind their teeth at night or clench their jaw when being stressed, those things could also have an impact on their tinnitus.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @JoshuaD2002 Hi Joshua

I read your postings and several things without hearing loss could point to systemic inflammation of some sort which is giving a somatosensory response. A researcher that we talk about a lot here, named Susan Shore said this a long time ago - "somatosensory response is much stronger with normal hearing."

What to consider: Hypertension needs to be controlled. A C-Reactive Protein and a Complete Blood Count Test should be given and at the same time. You only had tinnitus for a short time so don't panic. I understand that noise at school and at home is bothersome for you.

I not going to detail the process of a somatosensory response without hearing loss causing T, but have your parents ask your doctor for blood work for inflammation. If they find some inflammation then medicine should probably quickly clear it up. Your problem could be as simple as your body not storing iron and that would be an easy solve. If your GP doctor is willing - have him do a battery (lots) of blood testing.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Very interesting. My panic comes from the loudness really. Very confusing.

I'm seeing an ENT soon who I'll ask about this being a possibility. Thanks for your time. Are there foods and liquids I can have thst could help this?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Little scared today because again I've had no quiet periods it's just remained the same all day. I hope this isn't an indicator that recovery has stopped. :( just the same loud rushy ringing in left ear. It can't be noise induced... surely. Haven't been exposed to loud noise execpt of course the shouting incident in my ear at school, about a week after the onset.
      I think it's actually worse now to be honest. This is really sad for me. Even putting the noise filter earplugs in my ear, sometimes the plug will make a noise next to my ear as I fiddle to put it in. A loud noise. I'm rather uptight about this whole thing.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JoshuaD2002 ,
      Stress can cause lots of problems and excessive stress can trigger tinnitus and spike it for days on end.
      Working on technique's for stress management will help you and medication if needed.
      Try to stay calm and not show emotional response to your sound and just think ,my stupid ears are at it again and carry on about your day.
      Reduction plugs are always good to have handy but only when your around sound well over what you are use to being around daily that could cause your ears harm. Even if your tinnitus is not caused through sound like myself I still protect them if go to the cinema or football or like my son's wedding in 3 weeks.
      love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks @glynis
      Bit of an emergency right now. Dog was barking so I covered by ears with palms and because my hands were sweaty (I have hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating), when I removed my palms it made a loud suction sound. It didn't hurt and my hearing didn't go muffled but I can hear a faint high pitched thing now. Wondering if it's connected. Otherwise my left ear is still at it. A rushing ringing.

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You should be fine so try relax and stay calm with some sound on around you or tv.
      Love glynis

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      And these noise filtering earplugs are causing me more trouble than good, sometimes when my fingers slip when trying to take them out, the plastic rod of the plug flicks against my ear and it sounds really really loud. I think this could be perception though? Seems even louder after it happened again. Trying to stay calm but everytime a loud sounds happens and when I realise it's not even improved the next day, it panics me.

11. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Check out pro plugs as are flat to your ear ...love glynis

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Woken up this morning and it's really loud. Louder than yesterday. What if those plugs have spiked it? @glynis

13. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It should settle down but any concern I would see your doctor for a check up.
      Love glynis

14. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I know exactly what you mean about it sounding loud when you run your finger along the shaft of the plug it sounds hella loud but its not enough to do any further damage i dont think. Id be inclined to think that its louder today because T just has this way of being different all the time. I have good days and bad days, not because anything has happened just because my brain is able to cope some days better than others based on how well i slept and ate and other hormonal things it all adds together. Try not to worry so much, time usually does its thing I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it soon. In the meantime make sure you look after yourself as much as you can to prevent any setbacks.

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think setbacks have already occurred because it's been 18 days now and in a silent room it's still getting loud. No improvements recorded at all. Shame.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @john paul
      I notice you say "further damage"

I just want to stress, again, that I did not expose myself to loud noise prior to the onset, or anywhere near the onset. For the last many months headphones, if ever used, are used on safe volume. I really find it difficult to belief that this is noise induced and will be very, very confused if that's the case!

17. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      While the above probably means that your T will last for many months, it does not mean that it won't eventually begin to fade.

What matters is the monthly trend. I learned that you can ignore the daily and even the weekly fluctuations. Try to get a sense of how loud it is now. A month or two from now see whether it has faded.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well I just made a biiiig mistake. My brother screamed again and my sudden reflex meant I slapped the palms of my hands really hard over my ears. I think this may have been more damaging than the scream itself? Or is it unlikely this sort of thing would do damage.

19. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The closer the source of the noise is to your ears, the more worrying it is. Having said this, there is a good chance that you will be ok. Just make sure to be more careful in the future.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well I'm very very angry now. Was sitting in the living room without noise filtering plugs and my toddler brother lets out an almighty scream about 5 metres away. No one else in the room seemed to be bothered by the scream really, no one flinched. For me I would say that was a good 120db, and it came shortly after he threw a toy car on the floor, which again, I thought was very loud but no one else really flinched.

AND NOW.... ringing louder and I think the other ear might be ringing :( :( :(

Strange that no one else in the room comes away from this with tinnitus or finds the sounds uncomfortable?

@glynis @john paul

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      *YES the other ear rings. No ringing reported from anyone else, nor did they find the loud sounds very uncomfortable. Great. The other ear.

22. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Our ears have been compromised. Sounds that others don't notice have the potential to have serious consequences for us. I would wear some hearing protection whenever I am in the same room as a toddler...

23. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JoshuaD2002,
      Children will scream so you need change your reaction to it so you won't fear it happenings again or wear hearing protection all the time around him as it could cause Hyperacusis to other sounds.
      Just remember spikes will settle down so stay calm.
      You can start telling your brother little stories about a big brother who does not like loud sounds even use a puppet and make it fun to learn about loud sound and your ears.
      Love glynis

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you think serious harm has occurred? I'd be very surprised.

25. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      The loudest scream was 129 db. It may sound loud but it was no where near the world record...not even 90 probobly

26. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Your ears can probably withstand several of these screams. But if you are subjected to these screams long enough, all bet might be off. It will be especially bad if the scream originates very close to your ear.

27. Lisa2018

Lisa2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mp3
      @JoshuaD2002 I’ve been protecting my ears whenever i am in a place with other people or animals (any -being that can produce unexpected noise) and especially kids!! I even do this when I myself might produce unexpected noise such as when making tea or doing any activity in the kitchen.

You can have earpluggs custom made to block out certain tones, etc. The only place i dont use them is in bed or when am in my office working. Ringtones of my phones are at the lowest possibly volume. Unnecessary noise for entertainment is avoided completely.

Try being overprotective for your ears and allow your ears to use all their energy in healing instead of working for you. You will have less such traumas and meanwhile your ears will heal. I know it sounds like living with a handicap/ limitations but you will be much more in control.

Good luck.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well thankfully he wasn't thst close and my bad ear was facing away. The ringing has actually loudened again since the toy being thrown and the scream (both of which were very loud to me). Taking extra precautions now.

So we are 3 weeks in. The ringing has seemed up and down. Seems very "up" as of the 2 micro shocks yesterday.

• Hug Hug x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My big question @Bill Bauer. The increase was delayed/ or at least I didn't notice it until this afternoon. Either that or it's just a coincidence that it's louder today and I'm thinking too much about the loud noises?

Do you think damage was done? I had done a good job of protecting up until the unfortunate events of yesterday.

30. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      If you protect your ears all the time you can develop hyperacusis....they sounded loud because you were listening for loud noises. If you keep wearing ear plugs all the time your ears will try to hear more and become way more sensitive, every day noise will not hurt you.