Saffron Cure for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by baskar, Dec 31, 2016.

1. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Half past the monkey's arse, and quarter to his b@lls. I guess you asked @RaZaH not me. I only tried it once or perhaps twice? Inconclusive.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Hard to say ...its been 5 years total so... I guess after the first year or two.
      I dont consider that progress btw although it probably is in some way ..who knows?

3. stewart_uk

stewart_uk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No the original poster said

"just use a pinch of Saffron (4 or 5 threads).."

15 twice a day is about 6 tines the amount he used.

People always think more is better when in actuality you can trigger the body to become immune to the herb and adapt to it by overdosing.

The best method used to keep the disease sensible and increase the bioavailability if the herb using an agent like bioperine.

4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Oh crap...well, he then said 5-10...in any event i am taking far more then that , my pinch is anywhere from 15 to 30 strands

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. NeilN

NeilN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi All. New on here.

My T came out of the blue just over 6 months ago. It was then found that my right ear was blocked with earwax. I had not noticed any drop in hearing, but did a test which showed that the high frequency hearing in my right ear fell off at about 8.2KHz. After syringing. I can now hear up to about 14.5KHz, making it equal my left ear. And the T did not go away afterwards. It may be the suspected cause of my T which is predominantly right sided constant and variable bilateral T.
      There are multiple frequencies, all above 10KHz. Usual sleeping problems because its loud. Had all the ENT stuff done and have had an MRI scan. All of which show no other physical cause for my T. Which leaves it as being of neurological origin.

Have tried Vinpocetine, which only bought on pulsatile T so stopped.
      Now after reading this thread I'm trying Saffron so i'll keep you posted if I get any relief after giving it time to kick in.
      For sleeping my doc put me on Zimovane. Which I take and use masking sounds from my phone in the form of an excellent App called myNoise. Which has a controllable white noise generator. So you can tune it to your T. And does not need to be loud to mask the T completely.

I can also recommend an execellent style of music to listen to for T masking/blending.
      It is the style of Jean Michel Jarre's first three albums from the mid 1970's and early 80's (Oxygene, Equinoxe and Magnetic fields and if you want some weirdness with an ethnic touch, there is Zoolook)
      There are also Jarre-alike artists who have made music in this style as well. I have over 16 hours worth of it now and it all works really well for T masking because it contains so much high frequency content.
      Another style of music to listen to is ambient space music which works equally as well as the early Jarre style in masking T, but I personally prefer the Jarre style.

Will keep you posted on my Saffron test (10 strands per dose - am & pm), and hope the above couple of tips on masking T may help some of you.

N

6. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      This seems to have very little effect for me at this point , I did stop , after that I got silence the day after I started again , but that worked for a day or so .

I obviously have no idea why or how this worked so great for me at first ?

7. NeilN

NeilN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I think this may well be the same for me. Over the last 48 hours the only noticeable change is thumping headaches.
      @RaZaH It would seem for you that this is down to your body adjusting to the active ingredients of Saffron, the same as with any drug, legal or illegal. Then thereafter comes possible addiction and withdrawal after cessation.

I'm hoping to stop sleeping pills and rely solely on white noise/jarre style music masking to get me off to sleep.
      Also looking at getting pair the in ear medical type headphones to administer low level white noise during quiet portions of the day. Looking and CBT as well as this seems to be the most successful method of managing T.even

I've also noticed that, as bad as it is. Even in a fairly quiet environment I do notice my T at all, if I am fully occupied with something and devoting my entire concentration it.

8. NeilN

NeilN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sorry this was meant to read "I've also noticed that, as bad as it is. Even in a fairly quiet environment I do not notice my T at all, if I am fully occupied with something and devoting my entire concentration it."

9. Twitch

Twitch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @RaZaH I have the same problem. After cessation, T returns back to full strength. I've started taking it again once in the morning with milk and it's important as with any treatment protocol, this needs to be taken like a medication on a daily basis and for a 4-8 week period at least. Preparation is also important and leaving this thing in milk for about 15 minutes is important. I crush the strands with a teaspoon in a cup before pouring in warm milk and I think this helps with potency. Here's my cup of milk from this morning

saffron.jpg

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      baskar
      Cheerful

baskar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      band
      I can see too many strands..reduce it to 5 strands

11. Emrik
      No Mood

Emrik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subwoofer
      @baskar

Thank you so much for sharing the good news. Do you think, noise-induced tinnitus can be cured by this treatment? You said that your tinnitus is completely cured. What was the cause of your tinnitus? I just want to match if my cause is same as yours. I got tinnitus after testing a subwoofer. The volume of the bass was too loud and after that I got T. It is almost 6 weeks I got the T. So, do you think it is too late to hope to be cured by this treatment?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      baskar
      Cheerful

baskar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      band
      Yes my Tinnitus was noice induced as well. Wishing you a speedy recovery,

• Like Like x 2
    13. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
    14. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Ok I read the entire thread. I'll buy that in a local shop to avoid fakes.

I wonder if it's smart to try though. At the very best, the effects will only be short term (a few weeks) and we are likely messing up with GABA receptors.

I don't really see the point if it's only 2 weeks in heaven and then back to hell.

15. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      I'm wondering too.

16. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Its a way to keep it calm. But not a cure.

17. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      It stopped working for you?

18. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Not stopped it can keep things calm for a period of time. But it gets to the same level one way or the other. And using it for a long period of time is not a smart thing so see it as a natural gingko.

19. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      I could use it before watching a movie... So I could enjoy the movie a lot more ;)
      But that's about it.

It would be so great to find something natural that provides long term relief as long as you take it.

20. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Yes I dont think taking something that isnt checked by scientists for a long period is safe. But if you really want a "quiet" afternoon you can take Saffron. Thats what I do sometimes.

21. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      I think this has been helping me

Been taking Valium the last 3 days and in the morning it was lower from that so I also started the saffron at the same time so maybe double help?

Will see how I go.....

22. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      Hello everyone,

How can the Saffron could help with T ? It seems too good to be true, but I never tried...

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread...

All the Best !

Christophe

23. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      It acts like a benzo on the GABA receptors I believe.

So careful with it.

24. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Didn't help with my T and H , but it sure is relaxing and makes you feel quite bright.

25. Christophe_85
      Alone

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      You mean it can increase the T ?

26. Christophe_85
      Alone

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      So you continue to take some ?

27. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      I don't think anyone mentioned a spike but I prefer to be cautious.

I'll try it for a short time at low doses.

28. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      When you eat Paella there is also saffron in it. No need to worry about trying this spice for a couple of days.

I tried it 3 times, first time it might have had a small effect. Other days nothing. Used about 5-10 strands. Maybe with 50 strands it will knock my T down but I am not going to try that.

29. Christophe_85
      Alone

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      I understand you want to be cautious...

But I mean it is 100% natural it should not damage the body...

30. Christophe_85
      Alone

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      Why not ?