Scam?: Tinnitus Terminator

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by LouRich, Jun 16, 2015.

1. MurrayHunt
      No Mood

MurrayHunt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing damage (Jack hammer)/age
      Even better, dude doesn't know how to configure his web server. Navigate up to http://tinnitusterminator.net/download
      He has his other scam products there too...

Boundless Brain (should be bounder's brain) in case you think you're getting Alzheimer's. He will train your brain. You get bonus Sudoku and word search exercises.

"Instant Hearing Restoration" the riveting account of Caleb Grotz the Hutterite who knows the Amish Healing Secrets (Though Hutterites and Amish are different religious groups) Basically diet your way to restored hearing in 21 days.

He just uses Loogle (go watch hot tub time machine) and re-packages stuff from the interwebs... some of the background information is valid from what I can see (no idea if it all is.) and then he slippery slopes it all into his recipe (sounds, diets, exercises) to "cure" whatever the ailment is.

I had a look at the PDF document properties, authors are: Amber Hadigan (Boundless), Andreea (Instant and Terminator) for whatever that' s worth.

Interestingly he has various cartoons in his documents. Somehow I don't think he's obtained the copyright owners' permissions to use them...

All his crap has the same disclaimer... "This eBook is not intended to be a substitute to professional medical advice"

Dude's an ass****. But I'm sure there's a bunch of folks that buy into his bunk.

• Like Like x 1
    2. James Schultz

James Schultz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1994
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Looking forward to your reports - Thanks

3. Caspergram

Caspergram Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, all.

Does anyone have experience of a product called 'Tinnitus Terminator'? Would be obliged to hear from you if you have. Thank you.

4. dogcatdoc

dogcatdoc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      none
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      none
      Does anyone who comes into the forum actually read the thread? Many folks have already answered your question if you just take the time to read it. You can also download the program/documentation for FREE if you read the thread.

5. fixedgear808
      Starving

fixedgear808 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      since childhood
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      frequent childhood ear infections
    6. sl0m0

sl0m0 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    7. NinPhan

NinPhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Alice in Chains concert / Noise Induced
      Not sure this is a scam in the same way that homeopathic drops are, but the big pharma gambit is pretty absurd...what's big pharma's trillion-dollar money-making scheme for treating tinnitus? Oh that's right, bollock all!

The theory is similar to Jastreboff's TRT but the scam is in marketing it as a "cure" rather than a management tool. TRT has an 80% success rate, but most people will spend around $4k on the program for the cost of the hearing devices.

Nice to see someone has hacked the site, I will take a look at the mp3s to see if any help.

My tinnitus (and as noted in the first couple pages, both the US and UK pronunciations are acceptable, I say tin-eye-tus rhyming with high) buzzes around 13kHz. I have a fan in my room that helps, I could never sleep in a quiet room anymore as that would be unbearable. When it's unusually raging I pop downstairs and listen for 5 minutes to the 9th file in this download (http://lets-beat-tinnitus.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/pulse-therapy-mp3s.zip) that's provided for free from the Let's Beat Tinnitus Blog (which I have nothing to do with).

For those with similar frequencies, you may find the "high pitched workout" for 5 mins reduces your tinnitus from raging to a sizzle for a good 10-15 mins perhaps allowing you enough time to fall asleep. Use decent headphones and enough volume to hear it clearly but obviously not loud.

I look forward to trying the masker offered on this site too. Suffering since Nov/09, definitely noise induced. Have ruled out all other causes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    8. NinPhan

NinPhan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Alice in Chains concert / Noise Induced
      These files are so small, why not put them all in a .zip? What a dummy (the site owner, not you).

9. at2ecw

at2ecw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      http://tinnitusterminator.net/download/order-yZ8rH8j.html

That is the link if you want to try it out. You won't have to pay anything. It looks to me someone was unhappy about their purchase and the site for download isn't very secure after you make a purchase. Anyone can download it. I suggest you right click on top of the MP3 and save it to your hard drive or my documents. You can even save it to a USB thumb drive if you want to.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. fixedgear808
      Starving

fixedgear808 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      since childhood
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      frequent childhood ear infections
      Looks like tinnitusterminator.net is redirecting to a new website noiseaway.com

It may have something to do with somebody notifying Experience Hendrix LLLC, 20th Century Fox and Disney about these guys using their copyrighted material in the Tinnitus Terminator book.

11. darcee

darcee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? sudden hearing loss
      I specifically joined the site to assess the scam percentage of Tinnitus Terminator - Looking like a 100% scam. Thank y'all for this forum!

• Like Like x 1
    12. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      I bought the program and had no positive results reducing my T. To me it was a waste of time and money.

13. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Why didn't you ask for a refund??

14. Sandy Abrams
      Chatty

Sandy Abrams Member

Tinnitus Since:
      young adulthood
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I saw the ad too and also thought it sounded fishy.

FYI for full disclosure...I work with nutrition products. I am not trying to sell anything. Just give information.

There is really good scientific evidence that for many people zinc and/or vitamin b12 can be very helpful. There is no danger of overdosing on vitamin B12 but it is important not to use it by itself for very long because the whole B complex needs to be kept in balance over the long haul, but for short term use it is ok. If it helps, then a better option is to use a complete natural B complex in quantities to bring the B12 up to the amount that worked.

Zinc is safe to use daily up to about 100 mg a day and more if one is deficient.

You can easily find the scientific studies about these two nutrients. One thing to watch for if you want to use them is to be sure that the company does numerous tests on the raw materials to prevent contamination with toxins or other medications. If they do sufficient testing before using the raw ingredient in their products, you will be sure not to end up with erectile disfunction in your supplements as happened when the FDA had to recall two products for that reason a few years ago. We women don't need that for sure!

I am not providing a website or contact info because I simply want to help if I can. I am so fortunate that although I still have a tiny bit of noise now, it usually is so far in the background that I am rarely aware of it. My case was never bad though.

Have a great day everyone!

15. timmitus

timmitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hello, just signed up to say thanks. I read this thread and won't even bother downloading the free pdf, let alone pay for it.

I watched the video and got angrier and angrier the longer it went.

16. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Like someone said before, "these mp3 player 'cures' need to die off already."

• Like Like x 1
    17. smehks

smehks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    18. keithscientist

keithscientist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10+years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Ok it's been over a year, what happened???
      (BTW they are NOW charging $67 rather than $47). Ha ha
      :) k

19. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Now that is funny

20. bads

bads Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It helped me relieved. I was suffering from tinnitus 5mos ago, I thought it will the cause of my death. The doctor gave me steroids, sprays for nasal allergy, nasal and sinus mist and a strepsils. I stopped the steroids after 2 weeks, but the pain and the sound of an air just like youre in a confined space was still circling in my ear. Im so desperate, I want to cut head, however, I noticed that the noise from airplane, tv and refrigerator will relieve me for a while. While I was reading a news in MSN, I saw this tinnitus terminator, honestly I never think twice, I bought it for $47 dollars (T. Seaton) and read the book (not all, just scan and look how to made me relieve). Followed it (3 types of sounds) while following the steps in T. terminator, I continue to spray my nose and used face towel to hot compress my ears. Im relieved now, but sometimes it will attack if im hungry and stress. Anyway, stay away from coffee if you are suffering from T. I shared my story to help those sufferers. I know how painful and stressful it is. Sorry I dont have the chance to read all your comments above.

Anyway, in addition if your ears are itchy as well try a drop of vinegar.

21. Gary Byers

Gary Byers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military - Jet Engine mechanic for several years in the AF.
      I don't know anything about this "Tinnitus Terminator" but, I went to an Audiologist several years ago that tried some therapy on me that had worked for some of his patients but not all. He said if it worked for me, then he would give me a prescription that could be filled and get partial payment from the insurance and I would have this machine at my home. It was basically a computer program that I had to set up the frequency of the ringing that I had in my ears. Once I got the frequency matched I got a blast of the sound for 15 seconds and then off for 15 seconds with that going on for about 1 minute. When it was over I thought my ears would hurt but, when it stopped, I no longer had the ringing. It took about an hour to come back but it did come back. I kind of wondered if I would have taken the script and done this over a period time, if the tinnitus would have totally cleared up. The Audiologist has since moved his practice and I can't find him any longer. I was kind of thinking about this Tinnitus Terminator as an alternative. Was hoping that someone had tried it.

22. Daleren

Daleren Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I tripped over this product and listened to the whole speel. I googled it and this forum came up with the same question I was left with, has anyone used this and what was their experience. The infomercial referrs to research, but is very vague. I think it is logical that it would work, but "if something sounds too good to be true it probably isn't"...

23. Mike Francis
      Jaded

Mike Francis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meningococcal meningitis
      Hi there - I've used this product. It is no cure so it is good there is a link to get the sound files for free from here. Some of the white noise sounds definitely do change my T's frequency and intensity. While I can forget about the T mostly, sometimes it is so relentless, having access to sounds that you know will mess it up, can give some relief.

24. navion84k

navion84k Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bomb explosion
      please report after finishing course of 'training.' assume it will be a bust. would that it be otherwise.

25. Dan Cole

Dan Cole Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in my left ear
      $47???? It's $67 (but he says it's worth $197) I'm an older guy and have seen a lot of marketing over my years, mostly on TV, you know " It slices, it dices it is the only machine you'll ever need, but wait if you order now----" This guy's product is bogus, the testimonials are fake, and he is making money on our pain and suffering-- shame on you Timothy Seaton!!

26. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      As far as I know 100mg of Zinc will quickly deplete your copper, you generally need to take 2mg per 20mg of Zinc or so to maintain balance. In any case 100mg of zinc is pretty extreme, and would quickly lower your copper balance. You seem to completely leave out the importance of zinc/copper balance. These two minerals compete for absorbance. I have no expertise in any field what soever.

27. pennysky

pennysky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, suffering since 2007. Through Google search, found free download of Tinnitus Terminator with pdf file and mp3 cds, just like the other member did. You have to scroll down 4 pages to land on it. Hope it works. Will let you know.

Another member wrote that she downloaded it for free from google search. She was right, I just downloaded it too. It's about 4 pages down. It's a pdf file and when opened, the whole program is there including links to download all the mp3 sound files. I zipped it and emailed it to my audiologist for her opinion. Waiting for her professional opinion. I listened to a few minutes of each mp3. Some sounds arebsimilar to what I hear and some are rain, birds, thunder. Some are classical music. Plan to start program tomorrow. It's free so why not.

28. ringbuzz

ringbuzz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Just listened about ten minutes to Timothy Seaton's yammering about a cure for tinnitus. Anyone who is searching for a cure has already done just about everything he yammers on about. Quite the hoax.

Pitiful that people like him try to give hope knowing it won't work. Although true, there may be people out there that just tuned into their tinnitus, and to these people I believe he is targeting.

Newbies, if you are reading this, do not believe him. If there is a cure that works it will make headlines on the front page of any newspaper, be on the 6 o'clock news, and on the internet!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2010 / 2016 Both SSRI Withdrawal and Mild Hearing Loss
      Agreed, the only thing I can give him credit for is having a really awesome SEO team. This guy shows up for every single search term.

• Like Like x 1
    30. Mario Rosales

Mario Rosales Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Jackh, did you ever finished? did it work ? thanks for sharing !