Scam?: Tinnitus Terminator

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by LouRich, Jun 16, 2015.

1. WideBody

WideBody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Please keep us posted jackh. Thanks

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Should be called $47 terminator ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. tjtex

tjtex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1970's
      It does have a money back feature and with Am Ex that's a no brainer. Am Ex WILL give you back your money and back-charge him. So what's the harm?

• Like Like x 1
    4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      The harm is by supporting crap like this, these cons will continue simply because people are buying. There are many desperate people who would not seek a refund regardless and they would just move on to the next gimmick. Tinnitus Miracle and Tinnitus Remedy were banned by Clickbank for these violations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Jackh

Jackh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      So far I have gone through 20 of 30 15 min sessions. At this point I can hear no change to my tinnitus. I will complete the last 10 and report again.

6. Mustangs81

Mustangs81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1985
      It's really sad when you dream of even a moment of silence after 35 years of NONE stop tinnitus. Being desperate I did get sucked into Tinnitus Terminator scam. I just completed the 30 day program with absolutely NO changed.

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      There is a special place in hell for the creators of this shit .

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Tin Man

Tin Man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      I just came across the Tinnitus Terminator ads on the internet. The first video shows a man who calls himself Timothy Seaton, when you try to close the webpage another page pops up with text of the video and pictures of a different guy calling himself Timothy Seaton. A sure sign that something isn't right. Google Timothy Seaton and the exact same photos are there. Must have just plucked them off Google images. Is there anything affordable worth trying for Tinnitus that is known to work?

9. tinytus

tinytus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ?/2000s
      Have you tried audio notch? => http://www.audionotch.com

What was that Tinnitus Terminator program like? Did you have to listen to music with some frequency cut off?

10. bsmaster

bsmaster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2007
      Here's a problem I have with the long drawn out sales pitch for "Tinnitus Terminator". If this fellow has a long career in the music business then why does he or his editor not know how to spell "Lynyrd Skynyrd"? It's spelled Lynard Skynard in the video. That in itself told me this guy is full of male bovine droppings.

• Like Like x 1
    11. MarkGus

MarkGus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe shotguns or firecrackers?
      Thanks, everybody. Like LouRich, I joined, firstly, to see if anyone was having any luck with whipping T. Secondly, to see if Tinnitus-Terminator was worth risking $47 to try. My wife got an e-mail and wants me to risk the $47. About 4 years back I paid for "Quietus" and had a hard time getting my refund - and they were very rude and tried to sell me more!! They had advertised heavily on a couple of radio talk shows I listen to a lot. They kept $19.95 "shipping and handling fee." So, they made $20 off of me.
      If this guy had success with "over 43,000" T sufferers, then where are 3 of them to be able to check out? One would have made it to forum like this. This success would be spreading like wildfire by word of mouth & copied CD's! Here I've seen his first 2 failures! I'm glad one got his $47 back, but to me the issue (as was mentioned earlier) is that he will keep a lot of "$47" for the efforts of his scam.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. John G

John G Member

@MarkGus Those advertisements you heard on the radio talk show about that T product is probably a paid advertisement . That radio station doesn't care if the products that are advertised on their station works or not etc. As long as the station gets paid by the people who want to advertise their products,then they don't care if it's snake oil or not.

My local radio station has those stupid paid advertisements also.

13. MarkGus

MarkGus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe shotguns or firecrackers?
      John G - I agree.

When something really does work, we will hear about it. Hopefully that will happen and won't cost $5,000.

Now scammers can send out emails as 3rd party advertisements through such trusted sources as NewsMax (who disclaims any responsibility for the ads) and go out to millions of people. That is where my wife heard about Tinnitus-Terminator.

14. John G

John G Member

Even when you search "tinnitus" on youtube. On every single T video.. the comment section is riddled with links to T cure scam products. I can't believe youtube allows that.

15. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      It's advertisement basically,you just have to make a choice of whether or not you believe it.
      I guess the real culprit of the problem lies within legislation and not so much a platform.

16. John G

John G Member

Ok. Advertisements from idiot people preying on vulnerable, desperate people looking for that last miracle cure.

17. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      From a technical point of view the outcome will still be the same,advertisement is created around seducing you to buy something.The ultimate outcome remains the same,you acting upon that " promise ".It's basically the same.
      When you're talking about morals it's a broad grey area with advertisement,some things you can't advertise because they're illegal by law,is it morally inclined to advertise beer?start spamming links towards selling illegal drugs and see what happens lol.

18. hoboholly

hoboholly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      forever
      In reviewing ALL the info regarding "Tinnitus Terminator" I noticed that the creator, TIMOTHY SEATON, is quite an actor, as well as a master of transformation. He is two very different men in two separate videos, but with word for word scripts. Now why would he do that? SEE FOR YOURSELVES: http://tinnitusterminator.net/ vs http://tinnitus-terminator.net/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    19. KMART

KMART Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknowen
      After seeing Tinnitus Terminator I Googled Tinnitus to see what I might find. I found a research paper from the University of Waterloo in London Ontario on sound therapy. Read it and draw your own conclusions. From what I read it does work (more detailed studies required), but no long term follow up to see if the results are lasting. Also looks like a certain level of qualified assessment of the individuals condition needs to be done to use the proper music (frequencies). Here is the link to the paper. https://www.uwo.ca/fhs/csd/ebp/reviews/2011-12/Bennett.pdf

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    20. wonderbag

wonderbag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was in a rock band in the early to mid 70's, Navy '76-'80
      I am new to this forum, first post. I just watched the painfully long "Tinnitus Terminator" video. Has anyone here actually spent the $67 and if so with what results? If results were not positive, did you return and receive refund?
      Thanks

21. IvanS

IvanS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I recently came across Tinnitus Terminator and bought the program to give it a try. I had nothing to lose as there was a 60 day guarantee and would have my money returned.
      I listened to the 30 audios in a fairly regular way and noticed absolutely NO improvement or reduction of the buzzing in my ears. It did not work for me.
      I requested a refund but I was 4 days late. I miscalculated the closing date.
      As I already have the program I have decided to repeat it hoping to see some improvement.

22. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      There's absolutely nothing out there to treat or even a cure tinnitus. I've said in previous threads if there was this forum wouldn't excist. As for tinnitus terminator . Send the terminator out to terminate tinnitus terminator.

23. Dr. B

Dr. B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The first clue that the Tinnitus Terminator is a scam is the fact that after all the doctors Mr. Seaton supposedly visited for his tinnitus, he does not know the proper pronunciation of the word!! And the people giving his so-called "testimonials" are fakes because like Seaton, they have been coached to mispronounce it to. And Seaton never had a nerve cut at his "surgery" as claimed, because the facial nerve does not innervate the tongue nor does it provide sensation to the inside of the mouth. Don't waste your time or the need to fight for you money back. SCAM!

24. Luv2crop

Luv2crop Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss, prescription rx
      BEWARE!! I decided to try this because what did I have to lose with the 30 day money back guarantee?? Well now that I have tried it and it doesn't work I asked for my money back. First they try to get you to use the money to buy another of their products instead. When you insist on a refund then they tell me that I didn't purchase this from one of their 2 vendors so they can't give me a refund. Besides you have lifetime access to the site.....which how does that help me? I'm disputing the charge with my bank to see if I have any recourse, but I figure I'm out the money. Below is the e-mail I got from them. I told them I would be out warning others on whatever site I could. Don't purchase this unless you don't mind losing $67 for a bunch of noises, nature sounds and classical music.

Hello (name removed) ,

Thanks for writing! Also, thank you for your patience.

There is an issue regarding the PayPal statement you presented. Our guide, the one for which I provide assistance, can be bought only from two vendors, that also assure the refund if demanded by the customer. These two entities are Software Projects and ClickBank, and every purchase shows, privately , on your statement as follows:

Your bank statement will only show a charge from CLKBANK*COM. The name of the product you have purchased will not be listed on your bank statement. If you bought more products, you will find “CLKBANK*COM” several times, according to the number of purchased items, on the bank statement, and the amount spent for each.

OR

Your bank statement will only show a charge from SOFTWARE PROJECTS INC. The name of the product you have purchased will not be listed on your bank statement. If you bought more products, you will find “SOFTWARE PROJECTS INC” several times, according to the number of purchased items, on the bank statement, and the amount spent for each.

If that is what your statement shows your purchased the guide from another vendor that might have stolen it so that it could be re-sold for profit, a matter I can't help you with. You need to contact the vendor and please forward me the page also so I can investigate.

I'm sorry for this, but I won't be able to locate this purchase and provide the required information. Also, if you bought the right eBook, you should have a welcoming email that contains the personalized download link for lifetime access.

I hope this information helps and for anything else, I am here everyday and I like what I do, so I'll be waiting for you!

Have a great day,

• Informative Informative x 1
    25. Suzanne Miley

Suzanne Miley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just found this forum in an unusual way.

I got an email this morning advertising Tinnitus Terminator. I clicked on the link, watched most of the video, then clicked 'Add to cart' to see the price -- $97.

Hmm, I thought. I wonder if this is for real. So I checked Google for 'Tinnitus Terminator" and found this forum. I read a few posts, saw several people talking about TT (for $47!), then decided to hit the Back button and see what else Google had for me.

Further down the page, I saw a link for the download page for Tinnitus Terminator. I clicked on it and was able to download the PDF and all the audio files. I'm going to try the audios starting today. I'll let you know how it goes!

• Like Like x 1
    26. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Good luck.
      Make sure you read the small print before parting with any money....lots of love glynis

27. Suzanne Miley

Suzanne Miley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks Glynis!

I didn't have to pay anything -- I was able to download the content for free!

• Like Like x 1
    28. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      As they say, you'll get what you pay for.

29. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      A book or video will not fix us!

30. Stinky189

Stinky189 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Work place noise
      I agree with this from a member
      "This is an example of how insidious web-based sales have become. A Google search of Tinnitus Terminator brings up several pages of reviews, blogs, forums, media outlets, etc. But upon scrutiny, they all end up being promotions for the product."

I also found through these different pages you Could pay $127, $97, $67 or $47 depending on the link you used. Seems sketchy to me. At $47 and a 60 day refund policy I might try it. I am wondering if anyone has?

I just realized there were multiple pages to the forum. Page 2 has many who tried it an said it didn't work and not surprising had difficulty getting their refund.

• Like Like x 1