Seven Months Update. A Huge Relief. Don't Lose Hope.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Rohit Saluja, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When you said in the ear only not in the head.. did you have head vibrations? Congratulations on your recovery! It gives us hope! Did you take any supplement, exercise, eat healthy? What did you do? Thank you :)

2. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
      @Rohit Saluja Hi, do you have your tinnitus in one ear or in both? And congratulation with going back to normal life :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rohit Saluja
      Alienated

Rohit Saluja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced and sinus infection
      It's only in ears now, my anxiety and stress are also gone, I still have it but no stress and depression...
      It has reduced a lot after 10 months.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rohit Saluja
      Alienated

Rohit Saluja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Both right more, when tinnitus gets very low it becomes no issue, I don't go to any loud sounds now.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Congratulations! Keep it up :) I hope you continue to improve!

6. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Mine is getting lower but I still have an annoying electrical feeling in my head and that is prob the most aggravating thing!!!

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rohit Saluja
      Alienated

Rohit Saluja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My new update. It's been one year and I have 10 percent of tinnitus remaining, i protect my ears 24/7 from loud noise... I believe this is the only cure.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Rohit Saluja

It is good that your tinnitus has improved and only 10 percent is remaining. If you want further improvement, then I advise not to protect your ears 24/7 but introduce them gradually to normal everyday sounds. This will help decrease any sensitivity that might be present and remove or at least reduce, the psychological and sometimes damaging impact that overprotecting one's ears can do. Namely, to reinforce the belief that you have a problem with "sensitivity" to sound.

This belief cannot be fully laid to rest until you stop the overuse of hearing protection. If you are not careful, you risk lowering the loudness threshold of your auditory system and you'll introduce another problem, where your ears will be too sensitive to sound that might result in causing hyperacusis.

I wish you well.
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      Do you mean you always wear earplugs?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rohit Saluja
      Alienated

Rohit Saluja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If I find noise hurting my ear, only then I wear earplugs.

11. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I'm weaning off my ear plugs as well as my H fades.

12. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I still advise prudence when using earplugs and not to become dependent on them, as this will still reinforce the belief that you have a sensitivity problem to sound, which can become long term if one isn't careful. Use sound enrichment whenever possible and particularly at night to help desensitize your auditory system.

You might find my post in the link below helpful.

Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You meant to say "if you want to reverse the improvement", right?!

In any case, Rohit should do what feels right to him. In other words, if a sound feels like it is too much - it Is a good idea to stay away. If a sound feels like you might be able to handle it, try being exposed to it for a short time, and if nothing happens slowly increase your exposure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    14. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I am not above making mistakes but in this instance I didn't and will reiterate so there is no misunderstanding: It is good that your tinnitus has improved and only 10 percent is remaining. If you want further improvement, then I advise not to protect your ears 24/7 but introduce them gradually to normal everyday sounds.

For your information, I have been advising @Rohit Saluja for many months via Private Messenger when he was having a very difficult time with his tinnitus and hyperacusis. I am not in the habit of blowing my own trumpet, but in this instance I will, for I do not take kindly to your comments and the use of an exclamation mark which I think is rather rude! I have many years experience with tinnitus and hyperacusis, corresponding and counselling people with these conditions. Rohit has thanked me many times for the advice that I have given him and I think it has helped him to where he is today.

Michael

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
      • Like Like x 3
    15. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It sounds like Rohit has been doing the above, and it also sounds like it has worked well for him. Switching from something that is proven to work to something else might not be wise at this point.

As one protects, H fades and ears heal and one doesn't need to protect as much.
      I am sorry if I had offended you. I would never want to make another T sufferer feel bad.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      @JuneStar how have you been? Tinnitus been improving?

17. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You have shown blatant disrespect and I don't take kindly to that, for this the second time this week you have crossed my path. I do not know everything and I'm always willing to learn, but I do not like anyone trying to play the smart-ar-e with me.

I shall leave it at that
      Michael

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      3495D72D-37F7-420B-A87D-719CBEBF1C7F.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    19. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced

• Informative Informative x 1
    20. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Yes!! It's fading, ever so slowly. 5 months as of the 16th. And about half the intensity it was last month. I get a spike about once a week now when just last month it was about ever 2 or 3 days. The anxiety related to the T is fading. I am at a pretty tolerable baseline. I just hope it fades more and no setbacks. I dont hear it over the shower now or the car and sometimes only hear it in a quiet room. I am still extremely cautious though and do have anxiety about not wanting a setback. Thanks for asking!

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    21. Mike T

Mike T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dont Know Just Appeared
      Your not a very helpful chap are you ? Why comment unless you can show support for someone. The brain can heal and adapt and change, neuroplasticity. Its the reason you got tinnitus in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    22. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      dpdx said:
      Ears do not heal. Its a ear for god sake not a broken bone or a cut. Eyes dont heal either and neither does the brain.

They all heal! Everything heals. Our body heals. Just because it's not your personal experience doesnt mean it doesnt happen! Your attitude is getting in the way of your body healing. It's a very negative way of thinking. Positive attitude counts for alot in terms of your body healing. T would be permanent in 100% of the cases if your body didnt heal itself, and that's certainly not the case.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    23. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Mike T

You make some valid points and I completely agree with you. Constantly complaining about tinnitus isn't the way forward as this is a defeatist and negative attitude. This is not to imply one cannot have downtimes and express how they feel, especially with conditions like tinnitus or hyperacusis. The only way to improve is to dust ourselves down and keep on trying that way we have not convinced ourselves that there is no hope.

Amplodipine is listed as "can cause" ringing in the ears and fortunately I haven't noticed this. If you were exposed to loud noise or used headphones regularly, your tinnitus might have been caused by noise exposure.

All the best
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      yes and it goes hand in hand with obsessive thinking and focusing on it, which makes it LOUDER and you more depressed and anxious.

• Agree Agree x 2
    25. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      True @JuneStar reading your post sounds like I'M listening to my own thoughts, as many of my posts on my "started threads" convey the same thing.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    26. Mike T

Mike T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dont Know Just Appeared
      Thanks not sure what caused it. It just appeared one evening. The really strange thing was I saw a YouTube video a week or so before from a bass player from the Damned " Paul Grey " he got it from headphones. I immediatlety ran to my son's room to warn him as he has them on all the time, I had never heard of it until then.

I have gone to Gigs since 1979 and my son's band supported rancid around 10 years ago so we have all been around music. A LOT

The one thing that did hurt my ears was at a gym one day when the speaker system was left on full and turned on. It was high pitched and made me cover my ears and cringe. But my tinnitus didn't arrive until 2 weeks after so the doctors ruled that out.

Now the good bits, not a success story yet. Wednesday this week didn't hear anything all day. And although it sounds stupid I took a second look / hear and nothing. Back with me on Thursday but bring on the next quiet day.

Keep Strong People do get better

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      While your T developed 2 wks later, that was a delayed spike. Mine did not spike to maximum until 4 days later so it definitely happens that the T can take a while to develop after the noise exposure.

Congrats on the improvement, and hope it continues!