Shopping Carts

Discussion in 'Support' started by jellyrajah, Feb 5, 2015.

1. jellyrajah

jellyrajah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      This is probably 99% me just being paranoid, but last night I went to a grocery store and just before entering some guy slammed a shopping cart into the reserve of other carts making (at least to my ears) a fairly loud clanging noise. I dunno if it was just my hyperacusis or not, but is this something that would be able to cause a noticeable spike?

Thanks for the support,
      jr

2. Manuel Tissm
      Angry

Manuel Tissm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Seven months ago i didn't know what was tinnitus. A man whistled close to me and I was tinnitus until today.
      I think you're not being paranoid

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I had the exact same thing at close to the onset of my T. The carts caused a permanant spike. I always wear plugs now.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jellyrajah

jellyrajah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      interesting, i mean i've dealt with similar sounds and usually its not a problem for me. especially considering it was a quick one time sound.

5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I sure can.
      Every time I go in a big store, I make sure there's no one in the cart area at all before I get my cart. I don't trust anyone. Even a little old lady can be a cart banger.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jellyrajah

jellyrajah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      this was in the open air, so I'm hoping that there's nothing permanent. the only spike i'm experiencing at the moment is a slight ringing in my right ear which has been quiet beforehand.