Shout Out

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by RichL, Aug 12, 2015.

1. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Just a shout out to all the cool people I've met on this forum and a thank you for the support I received when I first got an increase in my T.

Especially to @Markku, @Steve, @attheedgeofscience, @Zimichael, @cullenbohannon, @Rhea, @Telis and @just1morething, oh and to @Dr. Nagler for much needed entertainment through the hard times.

After 16 months of loud T, I, for the first time since this increase, am as happy as I've been for a long time and T has taken a back seat to the more important things in my life and I feel quite at ease now with this new level of T I have.
      I'm leaving this forum, probably indefinitely as it doesn't have much more to offer me at this stage in my life.

I wish you all well and hopefully some quieter times ahead.

Keep up the good work @Markku, you are a good human being my friend it has been a pleasure.

:beeranimation:

• Like Like x 10
      • Winner Winner x 7
      • Friendly Friendly x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      @RichL,

It's been an honor to have you here. Some 663 posts later you are finally out of the darkness.

If I ever happen to visit NZ, I'm sure to offer you a beer or other beverage :)

Take care buddy. Very, very happy to hear about your improvement. Good luck for the future and for everything you decide to try your hand at.

Best wishes,
      Markku

• Like Like x 2
    3. @RichL, happy for you man. Would you say that it was the ADs that turned the ship for you?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      Glad to hear you are feeling good again @RichL, although will miss reading your posts on TT. Best wishes.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi and bye Rich,

Really good to hear you've got to that stage but will of course miss you around here; I hope that things continue to improve for you. It's one of those funny things saying goodbye to people as we actually want to see you leave the forum (in the nicest possible way of course), moving on and getting better.

Steve

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      I hope you will consider popping back in once in a while, to help others the same way you have been helped.

Other than that, congratulations on conquering Mount Tinnitus. :D

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Best wishes, @RichL. While we will miss you, leaving a forum is an important step on your T journey. Thanks for the intentional farewell, vs just drifting away and leaving us to wonder how you are doing

• Like Like x 1
    8. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      @RichL Thats great to hear man, i cant tell you how happy i am for you. Good luck and take care!

• Like Like x 1
    9. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      RichL,

So happy to hear that you're doing so well! Take care, and do come back and visit us from time to time, to let us know how you're doing.

Very best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    10. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Very happy to hear that you are doing so well and we will miss your contribution in this forum. All the best and take good care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Rich buddy, very happy for you. I will miss you around here.

Take care mate.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have Email alerts turned on so if you do ever venture to these shores or me to yours just give me a PM.
      I will definitely be shouting you a round or 8 bro!:)

Definitely yes, I hate to put it like this but they have been my savior, I now know how much of a silent killer depression can be!

Thanks @dboy , sorry I missed you and a couple of others off my special thank you, so I will add @Karen, and @LadyDi , for just being so damn nice! and @valeri , hopefully I haven't missed anyone else.;)

I definitely will and thank you.

@cullenbohannon ,@billie48 and @Telis , cheers man, I appreciate the kind words I really hope you guy's find some quiet one day, take care.

Signing off.:beeranimation:

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Zimichael

Zimichael Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      (1956) > 1980 > 2006 > 2012 > (2015)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ac. Trauma & Ac.Trauma + Meds.
      Rich... A bit late to the "toast you off" thing here, but am not on TT that much (Tail end of Keppra Kumdown and general basting before that, but also the 'trivia factor' you mention re us more "hard info please!" guys).

Anyway, really good to hear you have reached an "OK with it place". I recall using those words of "happy as I've been in a long time" (well 6 years really, when got the repeat dose of bad T 3.0 and the H 1.0). So one word of caution mate...Hopefully you will not make a big cod's-up of it by doing what I did, and forget the second rule of noise/sound damage. EXPOSURE TIME. I thought I was "OK" as the loudness levels were tolerable, but I was in them for too long and did not even know it was banjaxing me. Thus came T version 4.0 and H version 2.0...Very, very, very bad news after regaining my "life" after so long. Devastating is way too inadequate a word.
      Oh...and another reminder that none seem to take very seriously, is if on any questionable meds (or even Ibuprofen) keep out of loudish sound situations as an extra safety measure until plasma clear.

Take care, and enjoy...You deserve it. And will miss your great and fearless "Bollocks Detector".

Zimichael

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    14. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      Really happy to hear you are doing better @RichL :) :) :)

Good luck with the rest of your journey. Over and out! :)

• Like Like x 1
    15. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @RichL, Glad to hear that you have the beast under control and I hope you continue to do so. I would love to go to NZ as that sounds like a very nice place to visit, especially during our cold Minnesota winters. Take care.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Cheers Bro, I guess that's one useful thing that has come from years of ear plug reliance and a paranoia about noise that's even slightly above normal levels, my audiologist made this comment about my hearing, "Your hearing is damn near perfect in the speech range, A little down in your right ear, but for your age it is the best results that I have seen" so I suppose that is a good thing and throws that theory on the Occlusion Effect out the window, although I would probably agree with it if you don't insert them all the way in and your voice does tend to echo unless inserted properly!

The trivia factor did play a part! ;)

I will, and thank you as always for your in depth post's that were a pleasure to read and always very useful.

Thanks bro and maybe on one of my excursions to Wellington we may bump into each other one day!:)

Thanks for the kind words bro, it has been a pleasure, and yea haha, great minds think alike huh? If you do ever come down this way, give me a yell, it would be great to meet in person.

Take care, Rich

• Like Like x 1
    17. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Rich. I'm very happy for you and wish you all the best!
      Ben

• Like Like x 1
    18. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Best wishes @RichL --I'm Irish so, I'll just leave this quote for you. You helped me without even knowing it.

May the road rise up to meet you.
      May the wind always be at your back.
      May the sun shine warm upon your face,
      and rains fall soft upon your fields.
      And until we meet again,
      May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

• Hug Hug x 1