So Much Pain :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by bill 112, Feb 10, 2016.

1. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I just don't know what to do anymore and fear I may have screwed things up for myself once again.I had my H under control and after a very hectic October(two funerals one being my fathers)and a handful of noise exposures I was in quite bad pain.I feel like I should have rested my ears more after all I had put them through but I didn't give them enough time to recover as I had so much going on.I was getting out as much as I could to help deal with the passing of my father I also had a trip to London to do and a few Birthdays to go to.I pushed and pushed myself and yes at louder events like the birthdays I'd always wear ear plugs but for everyday noise i.e walking around town etc I wouldn't.Fast forward to now and I'm in excruciating pain,I can barely pull myself out of bed in the morning it's just all too much to bare.The pain is in the back of my head almost like an extreme nettle sting and resegnates down my spine and into my legs and ears.The pain is worsened from the littlest of noise even my own voice at this stage and I just don't know what to do anymore,I tried to have a life again as best I could and now here I am back at square one again,feel like I've done everything wrong and that I'm an idiot but there was me thinking the more noise I handle the higher my ldls will be but I was wrong yet again,I'm just lost and desperate here.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Bill, how's the H doing? Any better?

3. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Bill

I totally understand how you feel and I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now. I'm pretty much right behind you I just had a bad set back this week. All we can do is try and hang in there and hope for the best. I know not easy, but we have to keep trying.

I hope that you doing better ....

Louie

Quietatnight

4. Lauren Morse
      Cowabunga

Lauren Morse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma/Migraines
      The fact that the pain spreads within your body in that fashion....if you haven't already it is time to see a neurologist!!! That is not typical hyperacusis!

I had something similar, and it was the doing of migraines but IDK myself what really caused the problems.

In any case I think it is no longer a problem in your inner ears exclusively.

Hope you get help soon! Hang in there!!!:huganimation:

5. Arjen
      Happy

Arjen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6-1-2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Night clubs, Sony Headphones, Loud music.
      I think it's time to visit a doctor... Stay strong!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Lauren I went to see a neurologist a week ago and all he did was give me an hour long lecture about Jastreboff and told me to go home :(

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I also done two hearing tests both came back perfect,one of my OAE hearing tests basically showed that all my outer hair cells were gone in one ear but the audiologist said that it was wrong as I'd be nearly deaf if that was the case,reckons my tension is screwing the results so have to repeat it again on the 23rd of this month.Also my audiologist is concerned that I may have a bilateral fistula?I experience extreme pressure in the back of my head that moves depending on what way I'm standing,have experienced random pops and bangs in the back of my head,can't stand up too quickly or I feel nauseous,if I spin around or shake my head I experience extreme dizziness where others don't,feeling of hot water dripping on the back of my skull,noticed on two occasions when driving my car that the world twisted sideways for a few seconds and then returned to normal along with a type of vertigo can't think of the name of it but it's where your standing still and the world starts to runaway from you?Scary stuff :( These don't happen all the time but over the years they have happened frequently enough to be noticed.Of course I also have T and H,any ideas?

8. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Bless all the people here. I have bad t an awful h. I got kidney stones everything got worse. The H is killing please are there some of you that have some relief even if its a tiny bit especially for h. Thank you.