SoundCure Serenade Tinnitus Treatment System

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tha_b_man, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      That's interesting that both of you have the same reaction. It's all about finding what works best for you when you look for sounds to give you some relief.

What sounds do you hear that mask your T and feel soothing, without making a tinny sound?

Let's see if we can make something.

2. watie

watie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Hay Steve
      I like that random bell melody. Can you make it so it can be downloaded to android phone or computer. Unfortunately my computer knowledge is pretty limited. lol

3. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll inbox you the 16 minute Mp3 now.

4. watie

watie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Steve
      Thanks a lot. I really appreciate you taking the time to send the Mp3. It sounds really good, cant wait to try it on my Mp3 player. Ill let you know if it helps. This is really a great forum. Lots of real nice people on here and the site itself is really well set up. Also lots of valuable information and also very current. Again thank you very much.
      Watie

5. Linda Marie

Linda Marie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/10/2013
      I've just recently found something close to what soothes my T is "Drops of Rain Falling on a Pond" off a Gentle Rain album. I purchased an iPod nano today and am planning to download music and sounds. It's really nice of you Steve to help us out on the sounds when you could be doing something more fun.

If you don't mind answering another question off the subject. Have you or anyone else flown. I've been concerned about this since I love to travel. Are there any precautions to take?

6. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Part of my fun is working on sounds Linda, I'm happy to help out. Can you link to a sample of the drops of rain sound?

I've flown plenty and it's never had any effect on my T, see https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/flying-tinnitus.1001/ for a few other views.

7. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
    8. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
    9. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Carlover, I tried this for a little while. In fact, I think you can get a 30 day free trial, well almost free. I believe I had to pay about $80 fee when I returned it. Can't say it worked for me. I really did try to use it. However, I got it only a month or so into my T so I was pretty frantic, panicked, annoyed and my T was super loud. So at that point, I am not sure anything would have worked.

I will say at the time I wasn't very impressed by it. The build quality seemed pretty cheap and plastic. It was kind of bulky/thick and didn't seem to be really worth the $2500 or so cost for the device. Of course, this cost also included working with the audiologist who also programmed the device. It only had 4 or 5 programmed sounds and the sounds really irritated me more than it helped. To be honest, most smart phones like the iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy, have a much better build quality and great sound. I would think that if they really wanted to, Soundcure could just build a customizable smartphone app that can be programmed to your T, by an audiologist for much less, because in the end it is really more about the customized sound therapy and not the device itself. Then this treatment would be much more affordable and available to many more people who just can't afford to spend thousands on these types of devices.

However, I don't want to discourage you from trying at least the 30 day trial. The catch-22 with this, is that they will tell you that you really need 3-4 months at least before you will see any improvement so 30 days shouldn't work anyway. However, the fact that they are still selling the device after a few years means it must be helping some people. If you do try it out, report back on your progress for others.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Eric thanks buddy ,sorry i missed this massive thread and started another one,,,,,,,im glad you responded ive done so much money erik over the years 1,000s of pounds actually im going to leave it.

acoustic cr neuromdulation ,soundtherapy international..acupuncture ,spiritual healing .universal sound therapy.............. Thai massage girls........(that was worth it).......reflexology .......ten pints of John Smiths beer (that was worth it as well.........)............etc etc etc lol.

• Like Like x 1
    11. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I like your way of thinking ;)

12. watie

watie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Steve
      Thanks for the Mp3 random bell melody. I have been playing it more of less nonstop for the last couple of days on my Mp3 player. I can turn it down and put it on in the background and it really does help distract me from the T and because I'm really not listening that closley , I don't even notice it repeats about every 15 min. or so, although sometimes I do start looking for where the bell misic is comming from because I forget I am playing it LOL. I'm really liken this. Thanks again.--Watie

13. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @watie glad it helps, it's basically the same principle as the zen device, random tone generation. But instead of costing lots of $'s it's free.

14. watie

watie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Not only is it good to listen to the bell melody but I also realized that I can listen to other music that I like as long as I keep it turned down low. Was kind of afraid to do that before. Yea, the free part is good also.

15. Linda Marie

Linda Marie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/10/2013
      Hi Carlover,
      I tried the device and am worse now than before. I was told to listen at low volume the tone I felt more comfortable with which was track 4, level 1. It is a white type noise and I felt comfortable with that because I hardly heard it but didn't hear my T either. The other tracks were uncomfortable. Every time I took off the device my T was horrible a high pitch white noise in my head. I decided not to use it. I'm still having effects from it. Friday I am going to a place in San Francisco where the doctors specialize in T and hope they can help me unwire what the device did to me. I only gave it a week or so but knew it wasn't for me.

16. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi linda sorry to hear all that ,tough ...........thanks for telling me appreciate it. Hope it calms down for you, I see 5 months in for you horrible isnt it. Good luck,Pete

17. Linda Marie

Linda Marie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/10/2013
      You bet. It's been 3 months and thought I had it controlled until the SoundCure. Hope the people in SF will help since that is all they specialize in is Tinnitus and they are actually doctors.

18. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      @Linda Marie Hello!

How are you? Has your tinnitus returned to its normal level--before you used SoundCure.

I do know that most new things that stimulate the auditory system will make tinnitus spike. This happened to me when I first tried hearing aids with maskers. (And I have very little hearing loss, but hearing aids are one of the few things recommended for people with tinnitus.) Within a week, my tinnitus calmed down then over time it got softer. Of course, I still have spikes. Right now, I have a cold and tried some Sudafed and I am very loud.:(

Anyway, I am curious about your experience with SoundCure.:) I thought about using it because music irritates my tinnitus ear so I can't do Neuromonics.

19. Linda Marie

Linda Marie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/10/2013
      Maybe it has lowered a bit. I have better days and not so good days. I didn't care for the SoundCare. Didn't like the frequency it produced and didn't feel any relief when using it. It may work for others. I'm trying to habituate on my own. It isn't easy but they do say it gets better and easier. I try to keep my days busy. Let me know what you decide to do and stay in touch.

• Useful Useful x 1
    20. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you! I will keep in touch.:) All these sound therapies seem to change people's tones. And many--rightfully--get pretty upset because the change is often negative. I just wonder if over time the tone will change again to something lighter and more pleasant.

It's such a hard call. You don't know what to do, and you're afraid of getting worse!

21. Linda Marie

Linda Marie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/10/2013
      I'm trying hard to habituate on my own. Many that have had their T for years say it gets better and easier.
      I use an ipod and still need to listen to music to ease my high pitch. Everyday I try and not use it for a bit hoping I will get used to my T and have it fall in the background as many say happens. I've heard it gets better and easier.

22. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Great site here, almost made a appointment for the SoundCure until I saw some of the posts on here. Not going to waste my money now. Had ENT appt last night and he said the tinnitus is being caused by hearing loss. No kidding! I then said "actually, the tinnitus is CAUSING the hearing loss".

He said n0t much I can do but suggested that, if needed, he can prescribe meds if I asked for it and also mentioned that if my hearing loss and tinnitus got really bad, that zen hearing aids were way to go. He showed me the site for some samples:

http://www.widex.com/en/products/thewidexsound/zen/

It's nice tones but repetitive with it being samples only. Anyone ever use it?

23. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      At one of our local audiology clinic the price of this unit is $1995 dollars! 1000 goes into the business pocket and the rest goes to company who manufacture the device. The government is going to buy mine and I will keep you guys informed on how it works or if it does work at all.

• Like Like x 1
    24. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, please do that! We really need more treatment reviews from actual patients on the board.:)

25. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Cowdodge,

could you test the sound cure? Did it work?

26. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I finally got the the government approval for the Sound Cure system plus a set of Windex Zen hearing aids. It has taken almost three months to get this far and this coming week my audiologist is going to order both items for me. We have a plan and that is to use the Zens during the day and then the sound cure system at night. I feel as though I'm becoming a robot but hay if it works or just brings down the noise than it will be well worth the time. I will keep everyone here notified of how I'm doing and with gods help It will settle back down to where it has been for the past 15 years. I'm so lucky to have an angel for my audiologist and she truly is. Very patient and very nice to work with. Her name is Doctor Henderson and her office is in Port Orchard Washington. Oh yes and will be glad to get oft of some of the meds that I have been taking for the anxiety:(

• Like Like x 1
    27. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oh yes and it will work as I have a positive attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    28. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      Cowdodge,
      You said you finally got approval for Sound Cure thru the government. Is this thru the Vet. Administration. I know the Vet. Adm. is offering S. Cure to vets now but I am so pissed off with the current mess within the administration that I have not tried.

29. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Today is the first day I get my Sound Cure devices and a new set of Zen hearing aids. My Doctor wants me to use the Zens during the day and then at night use the Sound Cure instrument. So oft I go into the world of sound theraphy and we shall see what happens. This morning my t's sound like a jet plane and so that will be a good place to start oft at.

30. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Re tomatis method ,bought 3 different sets of the cds played 6 hours a day for exactly a year ,did not touch my T in any way shape or form' (sound therapy int australia)

Re ACN bought that from their harley st clinic played every day for the correct correct time (3 hrs if i remember) for exactly one year (after I had done the Tomatis the previous year).......waste of time effort and money.

There is nothing out there that works folks ,and one day I will accept that,