sugar substitutes

Tom Barry

Author
Apr 26, 2012
USA Connecticut
Tinnitus Since
constant since april 2012
I have noticed that sugar has a bad effect on the tinnitis. I was wondering if sugar substitutes such as splenda or truvia also have this effect. Has anybody else tried them? Also I am still trying to figure out why some days the volume seems so much louder than others. Can I expect this happen at two to three day intervals.

Now that's interestng! I have been wondering if mine has been going up and down in volume, I've been putting it down to poor habituation discipline!

I see your guitar there, I hope you're still playing. I've played 2 gigs and rehearsed in studios since I had my "episode" and although it scared the crap out of me to start with, with ear protectors I'm still able to do it. Gigging on Saturday too...

Yes I am still playing and gigging. I now where earplugs if its with a loud band. You may be right about habituation but I dont feel any differently except its so much more annoying. Then suddenly for a couple of days its not as bothersome. I cant make any sense out why it changes for no apparent reason. A couple days of lower than a couple days of louder. Right now it's louder. Keep on playing, even with the T its still fun.

I only use Stevia for sugar. I have eaten a bunch of candy with corn syrup in it and wow - major increase. I stopped eating anything with corn syrup.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now