sugar substitutes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tom Barry, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Tom Barry

Tom Barry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      constant since april 2012
      I have noticed that sugar has a bad effect on the tinnitis. I was wondering if sugar substitutes such as splenda or truvia also have this effect. Has anybody else tried them? Also I am still trying to figure out why some days the volume seems so much louder than others. Can I expect this happen at two to three day intervals.

2. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Now that's interestng! I have been wondering if mine has been going up and down in volume, I've been putting it down to poor habituation discipline!

I see your guitar there, I hope you're still playing. I've played 2 gigs and rehearsed in studios since I had my "episode" and although it scared the crap out of me to start with, with ear protectors I'm still able to do it. Gigging on Saturday too...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom Barry

Tom Barry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      constant since april 2012
      Yes I am still playing and gigging. I now where earplugs if its with a loud band. You may be right about habituation but I dont feel any differently except its so much more annoying. Then suddenly for a couple of days its not as bothersome. I cant make any sense out why it changes for no apparent reason. A couple days of lower than a couple days of louder. Right now it's louder. Keep on playing, even with the T its still fun.

• Like Like x 1
    4. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I only use Stevia for sugar. I have eaten a bunch of candy with corn syrup in it and wow - major increase. I stopped eating anything with corn syrup.

• Like Like x 1
    5. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I second Stevia. I use it in my tea. It is the only natural sweetener and doesn't cause me any issues