Suggestions Needed (Corticosteroids)

Discussion in 'Support' started by vivaro, Jul 10, 2015.

1. vivaro

vivaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music or throat infection
      I was wondering after reading a few posts in the treatments forum if I should speak to my doctor for a short course of corticosteroids. I know the ear spray I was given had dexamethasone but in a spray for along with an antibiotic and glacial acetic acid. I just used it for 2 days and its been a day and a half since I last used it. I wasnt sure taking a spray with an antibiotic was a good idea. However, after reading some posts maybe I can ask him to prescribe me some pills or and injection or 2?
      Its my 5th day with T and so far its not too bad.
      There is a pure tone in my right ear along with a electric his low level.

Any advise would be appreciated.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Since your T is so new, it is often suggested that a course of Prednisone is a good idea just in case you have some infection. It may help or it may not. But Prednisone is safe to use for short term. I'll say go for it and see what happens.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vivaro

vivaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you @billie48 .. I will try and convince my doc for that .. Any suggestions on how to do that?

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Perhaps you read the Treatment forum on Prednisone and steroid treatment and print out some posts which suggest this treatment has helped new T sufferers and that they got prescription from their doctors/ENTs. Show them to your doctors. No guarantee that your doctors will prescribe it but you can always change doctors. LOL. Here is the link to a good thread on such topic:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...dexamethasone-others-oral-and-injections.348/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vivaro

vivaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cool.. Thanks.. I can try that.. If not the injections then orally I suppose. Thanks again @billie48