Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Hard to answer. Anything can cause a spike.

Although, often for me. With having a left side TMJ muscle soreness flare-up, or left sided neck muscle tightness, a spike may happen in my right ear ( or opposite side) because that ear has more hearing loss.

From the trauma of pain or stress, my blood pressure may rise a bit more to the ear with the most hearing loss.

I can also get a spike (both ears) with forward head bending to pick something up. This involves all my gone wrong systematics and with that blood rushes to both ears and my head.

I get spikes from certain meds.

For many, spike don't happen often, as no systematics break a line.

2. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      This (with or without dizziness) can also happen to people with any kind of third window. But in that case it would not be about blood rushing to the head. It would be about CSF rushing to the head. Just saying. I know you have other issues. I'm just saying if people who do not have high blood pressure have these symptoms they should avoid bending over, sleeping without a pillow and straining of any kind because bending over and excessive straining, coughing, crying etc can cause sudden raise in intracranial pressure, which can put too much pressure on the inner/middle ear membrane(s).

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      My father in law passed away yesterday. He had a stroke 1.7 months ago and did not want to live like this. I think he willed himself to go.

• Hug Hug x 10
    4. Nyx
      Tired

Nyx Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I should really learn to shut up about tinnitus to healthcare workers.

Went to the doctor for unrelated reasons today, and was asked about my mental health. I didn't have the energy to put on a fake smile and lie so I told her about tinnitus and how it's making me suicidal.

You can probably see where this is going.

Somehow I thought for once I would get a sympathetic person instead of someone trying to guilt trip me for not being able to habituate. Nope.

"There is this thing called habituation, a lot of ways to deal with this stuff!!!"
      "You just need to learn to live with it, its your attitude!!"

There is probably now a mark on my file somewhere stating I'm batshit crazy and to never believe anything I say. To people like her it's always going to be "just a sound in your head" and anyone who doesn't just "accept it" is at fault.

"That sounds terrible, as you probably know there is nothing we can do medically but I'd be able to offer you a therapy appointment if you're interested in talking about it."

That's all they need to say. Acknowledge the seriousness of my condition instead of treating me like someone complaining about a mosquito bite. I think therapy could be legitimately helpful for me if I could just rant about how garbage my life is once a week. Trying to find someone who would be up for that instead of pushing habituation as a miracle cure I'm too weak to accept, is just not worth the effort.

I hope the rest of you had a better day.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Hug Hug x 7
    5. Harley

Harley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      If it was up to me, I would pull his medical license on the spot.
      People like that should not be in the profession of helping others.

This is no different than telling someone with terminal cancer that he/she needs an attitude adjustment.
      Disgusting is an understatement.

If I had the power to give someone tinnitus, this clown would get 10 out of 10 on the severity scale.
      After that, he would be singing a much different tune.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      Tinnitus is not easy. We need a cure sure even a treatment, but if we depend on that, we will never get better.

I have had tinnitus now for 3 years. I was miserable too, but eventually your brain gets used to the noise, it becomes part of you.

Anyone thinking of cutting short their life. I understand the pain, not easy to live with this fuck tinnitus noise, humans are not built for this shit, I seriously understand. But give it time because life is precious and beautiful.

I feel sometimes this way too. To end it all because you can't live 100 percent normal life. Hang in there my friends.

• Like Like x 7
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I was walking my dog near my building which is on 2 busy streets. I am walking up the sidewalk and some POS truck drives by and slows down not beside me but close enough. The fucking engine brake noise caused a spike and my right ear hurts. Actually both ears hurt. I don't understand how these spikes have a delay and suddenly happen!

I am worried now! I haven't had external sounds really do anything for a long time and now this! I fucking hate my life SO FUCKING MUCH. :(

This better settle down. :-(((

• Hug Hug x 3
    8. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      No. Suicide is the ultimate conclusion. I know, guaranteed, I am doing it. I just don't know when. I don't believe that anyone will have a "cure" or any treatment that stops the ringing or reduces it significantly.

It's hopeless and I got worse last April and I don't want to live with this torture indefinitely, for years.

A loud noise just gave me a spike and I don't want to live in fear as my severity is already 10/10. Anything worse and I will want to kill myself that day.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      The pain in my right ear is still bad but suddenly my left ear has more pain.

I don't understand that at all. I have no theories. But, the pain is severe.

I shouldn't have to wear earplugs outside and torment myself to the ringing. Yet, I am risking another event like this.

If I didn't have my dog, I would pick a suicide method.

10. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      These people are useless. There's no treatment but even doctors do nothing. I hate our world and society.

Why aren't researchers informing the doctors? Doctors will NEVER listen to the patients.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I read on here recently from regulars and mods too (?) urging people to speak out etc. etc. which I find is pointless. Am I the only one?

No one listens. If I explain my tinnitus, they say, "oh that sucks." Then they walk away. No one can help. But, no one listens anyway. I know that many here who have relatives and doctors that claim they care but they really don't do anything and barely listen.

Only the researchers listen and I assume, they somewhat understand?!? They should be the ones to inform the doctors because only someone with medical credentials can get it through a doctor's thick skull the seriousness and genuine pain of the condition. Even ENTs are useless and they don't listen or care either. Or do researchers listen and care? I was trying to believe in the only optimistic possibility.

12. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      I agree that ENTs need to learn a lot more about this. I saw several that were top rated. Top medical facilities, top patient evaluations, top credentials, etc. They were stunningly clueless. That was when I learned that this is a systemic problem.

I think ENTs know they can't really do anything. I do wish, however, they would educate themselves on the seriousness of the disorder. I think they know that most cases of tinnitus are mild. Their biggest mistake is thinking that tinnitus is tinnitus and you learn to live with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    13. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Most people have some awareness of knowing many people have mild tinnitus.
      But, that isn't helpful nor does that create awareness to those with most serious cases. I am under the impression that researchers know about moderate and severe tinnitus. Do they also know about related conditions such as hyperacusis and noxacusis? What about hidden hearing loss and ear pain? What about the prevalence of severe tinnitus? I will reiterate, only medical professionals with the awareness can communicate the reality to the rest of society including others in the medical field. They might listen if the information and explanation of the reality is coming from somebody in the medical field.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Adaś
      Caffeine

Adaś Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones, Stress, Rock concerts
      It is funny to see these claims that high frequencies are not clinically relevant, but at the same time because of problem of FX-322 reaching lower frequencies in the cochlea Frequency Therapeutics tries to convince investors that with current way of administering the drug that can only reach high-frequency regions, recovery of hearing high frequencies is indeed relevant. Sounds like quite a dissonance. Not to mention is that I believe most people have high pitched tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 3
    15. Adaś
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Orions Pain Sorry for late response, but I just randomly came across your post here. Yes I was taking Lyrica for couple of months and I did not experience any worsening of my symptoms. Actually it helped my to de-focus from ringing in my head and also calmed down my random thought process.

16. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      My ear pain subsided quite a bit except some left ear pain remaining but not as bad. I have been having frequent headaches and that's actually bothering me more than the ear pain in a way.

It makes everything worse. The spike and ringing is worse of all as I am confident I can get rid of the headache eventually. The spike is also quite loud. :-(

17. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      My left ear still has pain. I am using a washcloth with ice and alternate with hot water as hot as I can stand.
      Does anyone who gets frequent ear pain have any ideas or do you think it will help?

It is so strange that my right ear was in pain immediately after the noise, so painful that it would have led to tears but I just couldn't cry. I guess I have had ear pain so many times so?

But, then during the same day, my left ear suddenly had severe pain. I don't understand why or how that happens.

As bad as the pain is and it incapacitates me from doing anything, I just wish the spike would settle. I would do anything for reduced tinnitus or a real "cure" whatever that is.

But, how f***ed up are (our) ears when an outside or external noise causes such severe ear pain and aggravates (spikes) tinnitus?!? :(

I don't see the point of living with that when typical noise pollution causes pain and torture in the form of tinnitus.

18. WillBeNimble
      Buzzed

WillBeNimble Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Damage from earphones
      Is it funny? Because those claims are clearly wrong. Also, seeing speech in noise improvement is important. If FX-322 can fix what remains of my high frequency ranges, and resolve or lessen my tinnitus, I don't care what it takes for them to get it to market.

19. Adaś
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No it is not, I was ironic or even sarcastic.
      The most annoying component of my tinnitus is high-pitched screeching that I believe sits somewhere around 11kHz, I wish at least that this one can diminish with FX-322 help.

20. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      FX-322 will become a meme. Just another scam on a long list.

21. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      This spike is making me think about committing suicide again. I mean really seriously. I tried to register for a pro-suicide site a long time ago but the registration failed for some reason.

I have a few ideas in mind and wanted to run it by.

I read here of people preferring pain over the tinnitus noise/ringing. At least, I think you meant that. Your tinnitus must not be severe. If the pain is that bad, it's worse than than the ringing, wouldn't you get narcotics? Something from a doctor or even buy it on the street somewhere?

There's nothing available that reduces tinnitus ringing. I haven't had a spike this bad, last this long since I had dental work (cavities filled). When will this settle down?

I tried to find a rescue organization for my dog last time and I feel like trying again. It would make it easier to try and off myself. If I only have to look after myself, I could concentrate on a method.

• Hug Hug x 3
    22. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      @PeteJ Did all your symptoms start with an acoustic trauma and did you have Sudden Sensorieural Hearing Loss? (I remember you mentioned sth about the speakers but I don't remember if you had Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss or not and if it was unilateral or bilateral).

And I don't know if you can focus on reading but try if you can.
      I am not recommending any tests or procedures because I don't know what risks they bring, I just feel the more you knew the easier would be for you to try to prevent spikes or pain.

23. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I don't understand. My spike is making it really difficult to concentrate.

The start of tinnitus came after a speaker - acoustic trauma from that. Over a year but in February. What about it?

I had a spike on Wednesday. Still loud and I can't take this much longer. How long do spikes usually last? Please, this better be temporary. I haven't had one from an outside noise before. I wasn't beside the truck but was on the sidewalk beside the road it was on. How can that happen?!? :(

24. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      They can last for over three months, but even those extra long temporary spikes normally begin fading after 4-6 weeks. I wanted to tell you that I've had spikes resulting from things like loud trucks. Those spikes ended up being temporary.

• Like Like x 2
    25. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I REALLY hope you're right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      If it is recent, why not try prednisone? Even just a short taper.

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Doctors here won't prescribe it. I asked my family doctor and an ER doctor who both said NO.

Maybe the USA is less strict because you have a private system. But, in Canada, you can't get it for acoustic trauma.

28. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Prednisone can have serious side effects. Normally you would reserve Prednisone for things like gunshots. However if the spike is huge, perhaps Prednisone can be a good idea, after all. Keep in mind that doctors will be hesitant to prescribe it. You might have to make up a story of a spike following having to turn off a loud fire alarm.

29. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      It spiked again or increased in intensity... I don't know what to call it.

Just now... like all the tones seem more "crazy" or more tones.

No rationale or reason that I noticed. Left ear has some pain. I hate going in circles but I don't see researchers doing **** all for this.

People ignore my main point too. If progress was being made, leaks would happen, whether researchers allowed it or not. It would be such positive news that it couldn't be kept quiet.

30. high frequencies

high frequencies Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      amoxicillin
      • Like Like x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1